Chapter 4: The Chaotic Duo

Taste of Love [For Revision]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu’s POV

 

Can’t believe it’s already the second week since the class started. Indeed, a lot of things have happened. I became the President in most of my classes. It’s never my intention, though. In relation to that, I made some friends. This is a big deal to me because I wasn’t really interested to get to know people. I only have like 2 close friends. But surprisingly, me and Dahyun kinda clicked. Actually, we are each other’s opposites. 

 

I was searching for my binder in my bag when Dahyun sat beside me. “Hey bro, looking for something?” He asked.

 

“My binder.” I responded then searched my bag again. 

 

“Need help?” 

 

“Thanks but, I’m good bro.” 

 

Aha! I found it. It’s important for me today because that’s where I listed our names in English class. Ms. Jessi instructed me to group the class into four. Since we’re just sixteen in class, the grouping fits perfectly. 

 

After 5 minutes, Ms. Jessi arrived in our room. “Good afternoon, class! Are you ready for your group activity?” Whoa, chill ma’am. What a great greeting from you. Geez.

 

As a President, I stood up first then commanded the class to greet our professor. Even though we’re not that ready for the ‘activity’, we just told her that we are ready and excited about it.

 

“Mr. President, may I have the grouping lists?” 

 

I walked in front and handed her my binder containing the grouping lists. Ms. Jessi called our name one by one and told us to go to our respective groups.

 

Group 1 

Bae Irene

Choi Lia

Choi Mo Mo

Hwang Hyun Jin

 

Group 2

Hwang Ye Ji

Jeon So Mi

Jung Chae Yeon

Kang Chae Young

 

Group 3 

Kang Seul Gi

Kim Da Hyun

Kim Mi Na

Kim Min Ju

 

Group 4

Kwon Tzu Yu

Lee Chae Yeon

Lim Sa Na

Park Joy

 

I am the only guy in our group. Not only that, we have different nationalities. Sana is a Japanese citizen, I am an American citizen with Korean blood and, Chaeyeon and Joy are from Korea. Nevertheless, we all speak in Korean so it’s fine. Actually, I already know Chaeyeon because her sister is my best friend. 

 

“Okay class, you’re going to play ‘Board Race’. It is a fun game that is used for revising your vocabulary.” Ms. Jessi instructed.

 

I can see that all of us are not familiar with this game based on their reaction so I think it’s kinda interesting.

 

“Since you have four-groups, I need four representatives of each group. You’ll play rock, paper, and scissors. Those two group that lose will play first.” Ms. Jessi spoke again. 

 

My group mates picked me as our representative. The other group’s representatives are Lia, Somi, and Mina. Wow. Again, I’m the only guy. 

 

We, the representatives, gathered in front to play rock, paper, and scissors. At first and second attempt, no one lose. On the third attempt, Somi and I successfully picked scissors while Lia and Mina picked paper. 

 

“Alright, so it would be Group 1 versus Group 3 and Group 2 versus Group 4. I will give you two different topics and you should write as many words as possible  related to it in a relay.” She explained. 

 

“Oh.” Was all of our reactions to what she said. I’m getting excited, our group needs to win! 

 

“Are you guys ready?” Ms. Jessi then asked us.

 

We just all said ‘Yes’ in unison.

 

She added, “Each member gets one point for each correct word. Note that unreadable and misspelled words are not counted.” 

 

“Noted ma’am!” Mina and I shouted together unexpectedly. We were dumbfounded by our actions but we just shrugged it off. 

 

“First challenger is Group 1 versus Group 3. Your topic is ‘School Supplies’. You only have 3 minutes. Let’s do it alphabetically.” 

 

The two-groups gathered in front of the class. Each group have their colored markers. Blue for Group 1 and Red for Group 3. We’re just watching them intently  and interestingly. 3 minutes is long so I think they could write 20 words or so.

 

Group 3 is doing amazingly since Mina is in their group. They already have 15 correct words in just 2 and a half minutes. Mina is seen coaching her group-mates and doing some of the thinking. 

 

On the other hand, Group 1 is quickly catching up with 14 correct words. I didn’t know that Lia is also good in English. Maybe she just wanted to be lowkey that’s why she didn’t stand out in the self-introduction last week.

 

It’s a tight race, I wonder who will win between the two groups. *sighs* Finally, the time is up. 

 

“Markers up!” Ms. Jessi commanded.

 

Lia and Mina were the last ones to write that’s why they were now holding their markers up. Ms. Jessi is now checking all of the correct words from the two groups. 

 

“Group 1 got 19 correct words while Group 3 got 21 correct words. So the winner of this challenge is Group 3!” Ms. Jessi announced and Mina’s group is jumping like crazy, especially Dahyun.

 

My team just laughed at their behavior. I then told them, “Let’s do well, team! I think we can surpass them!” They just nodded their heads to me. Aish these girls.

 

We were now gathered in front. Our topic is ‘Home Appliances’. Before we started playing, our group decided to say ‘Hwaiting!’ for encouragement. 

 

I am the first one to write in our group and I quickly wrote ‘Refrigerator’ since I already know that my group-mates would think of Television and Kettle first. Refrigerator is kinda hard to spell that’s why I decided to write it first. I will tell them the easy ones so that we could writes as much related words as possible.  

 

2 minutes have passed and we just got 15 words. We can still write many words in a minute. I started to whisper the answer to them one by one. Our group needs to win no matter what. Contrastingly, Group 2 is doing good and fast because of Somi. She’s also kinda good in English.

 

30 seconds left and it’s now Sana’s turn. I think she’s kinda

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter