One - Present

Through the Lens

Loud screams resonate throughout the concert hall. All the fans are screaming not only for their favorite group, but for other groups as well.  Thousands of different color lights shine throughout, each color representing a different group.

 

This is one of the biggest and hottest stages for a musician to perform on, one of a few during the summer festival season.

 

And to think, she’s here, getting ready to perform for tens of thousands of people.  Just a year ago, she was barely anything and now people actually know her name. Unbelievable. This is all insane.

 

“Solar-shi, you’re on in three act, please come to the side stage after this act to get ready”  

 

Yongsun snaps out of her daydream upon hearing her stage name. Stage name.  That’s something else she had to get used to. Answering to a stage name.

 

“Deh, thank you!” She bowed in thanks to the staff member who nodded and left, presumingly to prepare for more performers.

 

She’s not the main act, no, but she’s performing right before a legendary group, so she’s basically the opening act.  She has to keep the crowd energy up and get them hype for her seniors who will come after her.  Wow, talk about pressure.

 

Breathe. In. Out. In. Out.

 

Yeah, not working.

 

Yongsun pulls out her phone with jittery hands, looking for a certain contact.

 

[To Hamster:  I am so nervous i can't breathe]

 

Within a second of her message, she received a reply

 

[From Hamster: You got this Yong. Just focus on the music. That’s why you’re here]

 

[To Hamster: I wish you were here :( ]

 

[From Hamster:  I know, me too..i’m really sorry Yong T.T]

 

[To Hamster: No don’t be, i can’t expect you to drop your job for me]

 

“Yongsun-shi,” her manager called, “It’s time to go”

 

“Deh oppa!”
 

“Let’s go kill it!” Her manager cheered her on, knowing how nervous she is

 

“Yeah!  Let’s kill it!”

 

[to Hamster: aaaahhhhhh going on now!!!!]

 

[From Hamster:  AAAHHHHH YOU GOT THIS *sent with confetti effect*]

 

Yongsun laughed before putting the phone away, feeling much better after talking with her best friend.

 

Exhilarating.  That’s the only word she can think of to describe her emotions right now.  She just performed on stage, at a huge summer festival, in front of tens of thousands of fans, living her dream.  Holy crap.  She just did that! 

 

Yongsun laughs as she ran off stage, the pounding of her heart and the blood rushing through her ears are all that she feels and hears. 

 

“Manager Oppa! Did you see that??” She screams in excitement as she runs to her manager standing on the stage side, earning a few chuckles from the staff and other artists around the area, all who are well versed in the feeling she’s experiencing. 

 

She abruptly stops when someone steps out from behind her manager, holding a bundle of flowers covering their face.

Except the attempt at hiding who they are doesn't work because she would recognize those hands and body anywhere, “Byul!!!” 

 

Moon Byul Yi.  Her best friend.  Her lying best friend who told her she was busy with work and couldn’t attend. 

 

Yongsun jumps to her best friend, clinging on for dear life.  The girl let out a loud laugh as she dropped the flower, opened her arms and caught her best friend in a bear hug, spinning them both around in joy before settling the singer down but still not letting go.

 

“Byul, oh my god, you’re here” Yongsun cried into her shoulder

 

“Surprise!”  Byul whispers happily in her ear. 

 

 Yongsun pulls out from the hug, stares at her best friend’s face, cheeky smile, crinkling nose, then, without warning, punch her right in the chest, 

 

“OWW UNNIE!” Byul yelp, jumping back and clenching her chest in pain, 

 

The hit was so strong, other artists and staff around the area wince in sympathy and some even made a mental note to not mess with Solar.

 

“What the hell, I thought you were busy!” 


“I wanted to surprise you and this is the thanks I get?” Byulyi whine as she rub her shoulder, 

 

Yongsun picked up the flowers that Byul dropped on the floor, using it to whack her shoulder and head. 

 

“Ow unnie” Byul cried, trying to shield herself from the onslaught, “Unnie why are you hitting me unniiiee” 

 

“That’s!” 

whack 

“What!” 

Whack

“You!”

Whack

“Get!”

Whack

“How!”

Whack

“Dare!”

Whack

“You!”

Whack

 

“I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry, stoooop  those are expensive flowers” Byul pouts while still trying to protect herself.

 

“YAH!” Yongsun gave one last particular hard hit before dropping the flower and pulling the poor girl into a hug,  “I’m so glad you're here!” 

 

“Was that before or after you abused me?” 

 

Yongsun harshly pinched her side, “Shut up.” 

 

“OW”

 

From the hug, Byul’s able to see some of the other artists and staff hiding amused smiles at the interaction. 

 

Byul buried her face in Yongsun’s hair, “They’re all looking at us,” 

 

Yongsun stiffen, forgetting for a moment that they’re in public, she gave a hard squeeze as she reply, “Sorry Byul, I forgot, let’s go back to the waiting room.”

 

Yongsun pull out of the hug, reaching to pick up the flowers with one hand, the other holding onto Byul’s wrist. They both bow to the artists and staff along the way back to the dressing room, Yongsun’s manager following along amusingly. 

 

Deciding to give the two some alone time, he announce once they got near the dressing room, “Yongsun-shi, I’ll be outside preparing the car, come out in 15 minutes okay? We don't want to be late to your next schedule,”

 

Seeing her nod, he left and closed the door behind him, allowing the best friends to have some time to themselves.

 

The moment the door closed, they both gave each other another bear hug before Byul dragged Yongsun to the couch, letting Yongsun rest on her. 

 

“You should have told me you were coming!” 

 

“That defeats the purpose of the surprise Yong” Byul replied, threading her fingers through Yongsun’s hair, feeling the older girl relax into her.

 

“Hm, so you didn’t have work today?”

 

“I did have a shoot in the morning.  You were amazing up there, I’m so proud of you” Byul whispers as she lean down, lightly kissing her head, 

 

Yongsun hums and gently squeeze Byul’s thigh in appreciation, “You took pictures?”

 

“Of course, not a lot though, I was trying to enjoy the performance.” 

 

“Send them to me?”

 

“Only some, there’s a few I want to keep,” 

 

“That makes you sound so stalkerish, you know?”

 

“Does it? Byul amusingly reply, this conversation a habit between them at this point, 

 

“Uh huh, imagine, you hire a photographer and the photographer is like, I’m going to keep some pictures for myself. Creepy.”

 

“Only with yours”

 

Normally, they’ll trail off here, but today, Yongsun wants to friend a bit longer, 

 

“If I get murder, you’ll be prime suspect with all those pictures,” 

 

Byul blinks at the new line, but quickly recover, “Then don’t get murder,” 

 

“That’s not something I have control over”

 

“If a killer is chasing you with a knife and you don’t run fast enough...honestly Yong, that’s on you” 

 

“Yah!” Yongsun poked her harshly 

 

“Oooowww” 

 

They settling into silence, just enjoying each other’s presence for a bit before the real world takes them back.

 

“We should go now,” yongsun started but made no move to get up, 

 

“Hm, what’s after this?”

 

“A fitting for an advertisement,” 

 

“That beer one?”

 

“Yeah,”

 

“Do you get free beer?”

 

“... seriously?”

 

“What’s the point of having a famous best friend if I can't reap the benefits,” 

 

Yongsun sat up just to push the younger girl down, “Ow!” 

 

“Come on lazy , let’s go,”

 

“You pushed me down!”  She whines but still gets up, knowing they can’t be late. 

 

Her manager shook his head when he saw them walking towards him. They seriously look like a couple, with Byulyi with her arm over Yongsun’s shoulder, Yongsun with her arm wrapped around Byulyi’s waist, their heads tilt towards each other as they quietly talk and walk.