0001

Eyes locked, Hands locked

"Could you begin our strange love
If you want me
Let’s make every morning always sweet together"

 

Wendy sang through her mic and glanced at Irene who was also looking at her, a soft smile playing on her lips, making Wendy's heart race. She nearly messed up their recording and thanked the heaven's above that she was able to compose herself before anything else happened. They were currently recording their song for their mini album and she can't even think straight cause of how she instantly connected and loved the song right from just reading its lyrics.


'My god, if those eyes could kill, I would be dead by now.' Wendy thought as she continued to gaze at Irene, the latter doing the same and Wendy could never understand what it really meant. They continued their staring contest without knowing that the other members were also looking at them, a knowing look and smile on their faces especially the one and only captain of the Wenrene ship which was Joy.


"That was really good girls. Keep it up." Their manager said and gave all of them a bow and a smile. The girls then bowed back and said all of their thank you's to their manager and to the staff involved with the album production. Since it was the last day of recording, they were all relieved to go back home and spend time with each other. And the one who was really looking forward to this was Wendy cause then she would be able to admire Irene without really being cautious of her sorroundings.


The car ride was just full of Joy and Yeri's banters, Seulgi joining in on them, Irene laughing her off and Wendy with just closing her eyes, the song still playing on her mind on repeat.


"Unnie, what do you think?" Joy asked Wendy, four pair of eyes stared at her, waiting for a response. She did not know what the question was cause of her spacing off again to cloud nine.


"Of what?" She asked, dumbfounded and Joohyun couldn't contain her laughter so she bursted into fits, the other girls following suit.


"I asked if what did you think of the song? It seems that you really liked it so I wanna know."


"I think that it was really sweet that both lovers got lost in each other's eyes and was really into each other, their love overflowing." Wendy answered truthfully, glanced at Joohyun for the nth time that day and gave Joy a really wide smile. Joy shook her head and whistled, Yeri and Seulgi then laughed again and Irene looked a little flustered to what Seungwan experessed. 


"Somebody is inlove~" Seulgi sing-song, earning a playful smack from Joy and Yeri just frantically nodded because it was the truth.


"Definitely. I can feel and smell the love in the air~ Aish, jinjja!" Yeri was in on this too and all Wendy could ever do was just to hide her blushing face because she really knows that the girls were doing this on purpose.


It was never a secret to the other girls how Wendy felt for Irene. Heck, even other idols they are friends with knows. Even Jennie knows. Its just that Joohyun was as dense as an element osmium. She never really looked deeper to how Wendy stared and admired her. How she took care and looked out for the older girl. How she would willingly risk her life just for her.


"With whom?" Irene asked and the car was instantly filled with defeaning silence. Wendy was shocked to even process a response and Seulgi was just sitting there, mouth hanging open. Joy and Yeri looked at each other then back to Irene who was waiting for a response but seeing the shock on their faces thought she said something weird.


"Yah, what is it? Why do you guys looked like you saw a ghost?" She playfully said and smiled at them with Wendy still being in a trance.


'Well, unnie, how do I tell everything to you? I like you Joohyun-unnie. More than as a friend. More than as a teammate. More than as a leader.' Wendy was trying to form the exact words to say but she can't really tell all of these to the older girl, right? She could never have the courage to say all of these things to their leader that's why she was so used to admiring the older girl from afar.


Their manager then stopped the car in front of their dorm and turned to them to bid his farewell but was curious as to why the car got suddenly quiet.


"You guys okay back there?"


"Ne oppa. Thank you again for driving us home." Yeri was the one who spoke up and Seulgi slid the door open, immediately got out of the car and went to the back to get their bags. Yeri followed, with Joy in tow.


"Oppa, thank you for the ride home. Drive safely." Irene said on her way out, going directly to the back to help Seulgi with their bags. Joy and Yeri were already there too and was just waiting for Wendy. As soon as Seungwan got out, she closed the car door and went to the back, got her things and followed the girls up to their dorm. The tension was building up and Wendy felt it. All of them felt it and she was so sure something's gonna happen tonight. She guaranteed it and she was so sure of it.


"Unnie?" Joy called out to Irene as soon as they all got inside and closed the door. Seulgi then went to the fridge to get some water while Yeri plopped down the couch.


"Yeah?"


"You should ask Wendy-unnie." Wendy's ears perked up as soon as she heard her name. She was just removing her socks and looking for her slippers when they started talking.


"Ask her what?" Irene asked, not really following Joy. She was confused as to what she meant. Wendy then immediately set her bag down and sat beside Yeri, Seulgi sat across her with a knowing smile on her lips. Wendy then prayed to the gods that they would just drop the topic.


"Who she's inlove with."


"Well, why can't you guys tell me?"


"We are in no position to tell that to you unnie. I mean, we don't even know. It's just that we noticed Wendy-unnie being really happy these days." Yeri answered and Wendy couldn't believe these girls. She looked over to Yeri and the younger girl just gave her a wink and again the knowing smile they have been sporting since the recording.


"Unnie, don't listen to what they are saying. They're just messing with you." Wendy said and offered the older girl a warm smile which she reciprocated. Joy snickered with Yeri and Seulgi snorting playfully because of Wendy's failed attempt to cover up. Irene then shook her head, a small smile still evident on her lips and headed towards her room and left the four girls alone in the living room. Joy then sat beside Seulgi and drank from the water bottle the latter got from the fridge.


"I really wish we were messing with her."


"Yah, what are you guys up to?"


"Unnie, I really think you should just tell Joohyun-unnie how you feel. This is torture!"


"W-Wh-What are you saying Sooyoung-ah?"


"Seungwan-ah, what we are trying to say is that you confess to Irene-unnie. We can't stand looking at you guys like this." Seulgi elaborated, Joy and Yeri nodding in unison.


"Unnie, we already knew that you've been head over hills for Irene-unnie. So why not make a move?" Yeri asked as she looked at Wendy.


"First of all, it's never easy to confess Yerim-ah. I mean, just thinking about it makes my hand sweat and I could never trade my friendship with Irene-unnie. Second of all, I'm pretty sure she's straight. Third of all, I couldn't afford to lose someone like her." Wendy responded and again, the four girls were engulfed in a defeaning silence, no one dared to speak or make a move.


'I badly want to confess but the rejection is inevitable. I couldn't risk our friendship just for my selfish reasons. As much as I want us to be together, maybe loving her from afar seems to be the only way.' Wendy thought and the pained expression painted on her face was evident. She shouldn't be thinking of Irene that way in the first place. The older girl was straight as a pole. And she didn't want to scare Irene.


"So you will just continue to torture yourself and let the opportunity pass. Got it unnnie."


"What?! I didn't say that!"


"Seems like to me."


"Same here." Joy butted in and gave Wendy a big smile. Seulgi then chuckled, clearly enjoying the scene before her. She can only agree with her dongsaengs because its the truth. No matter how many times Wendy tried to escape this, she could never unless she does something about it. And they were there to be her support and help her because they can't take the agonizing scene they see every single day anymore.


"Seungwan-ah, they're right. Unless you gave it a shot, nothing is happening. Your friendship is on the line, yes but when the opportunity passed, comes the self pity because of the missed oppportunity. Am I making sense to you guys?" Seulgi noted and the rest of the girls looked at her with smiles on their faces. Seulgibear be the hero of the day.


"We understand you Seul. I won't promise. I would just let destiny do its magic."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's now one in the morning but Wendy couldn't sleep. She felt restless. So she decided to go to the kitchen and make herself some milk because they always say a hot milk helps you sleep at night. And she does hope it works for her because if not, she might as well pull an all nighter just listening to music and browsing the net.


She grabbed a cup and reached for a packet of milk in the cupboard. Then, she grabbed the kettle and filled it with water and let it be warmed by the stove. Just as she was about to throw her trash, a dark figure made its way to the kitchen having also the same thought as Seungwan. She then sat back down and just waited for that person to enter and boy was she not expecting the goddess herself, Bae Irene, to still be up at this ungodly hour.


"Seungwan-ah?" The older girl asked as she looked at Wendy, an eyebrow raised as if to question what she was doing at this time.


"Unnie, I can't sleep so I'm making myself milk. You want some?" The younger girl asked and offered a small smile. The other girl nodded and sat down beside her, her hands on the both sides of her cheeks and eyes fluttering. Wendy smiled and looked at her. Noticing that Irene was still sleepy, she then offered her shoulders for the older girl to lean in.


"Lean on me unnie."


"You will make me fall asleep again Seungwan-ah." Irene said and she smiled with her eyes closed. Wendy chuckled and shook her head and just rubbed the leaders back.


"Well, I am supposed to make you fall asleep again. Its one already. Why are you up?"


"Well, I can't sleep."


"Yeah? Seems like it unnie." With sarcasm laced in her voice and a big smile on her face, she then stood up and grabbed another cup and milk packet from the cupboard, threw away the trash and poured the water in each cup, not forgetting to stir it first before she offered the cup to their leader.


"Unnie, be careful. It's hot. Like you." She reminded the older girl and mumbled the last part. She then felt her cheeks got warmer and was hoping Irene didn't hear it. She's already failing in keeping her feelings to herself whenever she's around the older girl and thankfully Irene just nodded in response. She wasn't really sure why Irene would be up because she rarely wakes up in the middle of the night. But she was sure she was thankful that she got the chance again to spend an alone time with her longtime crush.


The crush started during their trainee days but she fell deeper when they started the promotions for Happiness. Wendy wasn't expecting it either. But as soon as she stared at Joohyun's eyes, she knew she could never escape. And the longer she stared at it, the deeper she fell for the girl.


"Do I know who the mystery guy is?" Irene suddenly asked as she took a sip on her cup, her smol hands wrapped around the big cup. Wendy suddenly found it cute and nearly forgot that Irene had asked her a question.


"Mystery guy? What are you talking about unnie?" Wendy played dumb. She just wanted Irene to drop the topic because she has a bad feeling about where it was really going. Seulgi's words echoed through her head, "When the opportunity passed, comes the self pity because of the missed oppportunity". Even now, Seulgi's words still haunt her because of how accurate it was.


"Seungwan-ah..." The leader whined, a small pout forming on her thin lips, making Wendy lose her mind. She was thinking of how cute it was and how she wanted to kiss it right there and then but she composed herself. 'Now is not the time Olaf.' She made a mental note and took a sip on her cup, a pair of brown orbs looking straight at her, watching her every movement, like a predator hunting its prey. She again offered a smile to the older girl and sighed.


"Unnie, there was never a mystery guy." 'Now or never Seungwan.' She again noted and set her cup down. Seungwan was going to risk it. It's either go big or go home. She was going to risk her friendship, with Irene, and for sure it will never end in a good note.


'Well, why the are you so negative about all this? You're not really sure whether unnie will really turn you down.' Said the right side of her head. 'But, she is straight! What else is there to it? You are barking the wrong tree.' The left side retaliated. The banter was never ending and Seungwan wasn't really sure how to respond. So she just yolo'd and was just going to confess to Joohyun, this time, without chickening out. She was going to let the older girl know how she really feels toward her and was praying to the heavens above that Irene wouldn't be weirded out.


"Mystery girl then?"


"It's you, unnie."


They both said at the same time and Wendy felt her body tensed up. She closed her eyes, tight, and slowly opened them and glanced at Irene. The atmosphere was really weird and she wasn't sure whether it was a good thing or not. Irene also had her eyes closed, her lips pursed together as she took a long sip on her cup. Wendy felt the beat of her heart so loud. She can feel the sweat trickle down her back from her neck. She was full-on facing Irene and was sporting a nervous smile and apologetic eyes but Irene can't see it yet.


"Unnie..." Wendy trailed off and Joohyun opened her eyes and faced Wendy, only the whizzing sound from the aircon and the still busy street of Seoul can be heard. Irene smiled and stood up, grabbed Wendy's hand and brought them to the couch. Wendy was losing it. She really wasn't sure how this will go so she just followed Irene. As soon as they sat down, Joohyun kept Seungwan's hand in hers and was carressing it, while looking over at their balcony where they can both see the tall buildings and the white and red lights.


"That explains all of it then."


"W-Wh-What? Y-You knew u-unnie?"


"Well, you were never really discreet about it, weren't you?"


"I-I tried tho-though..." The stuttering Olaf was just a mess. She wasn't sure how to respond.


"Well, you were bad at it." Irene said and chuckled. She was smiling at Wendy and contiued to carress her hand, her eyes fluttering. Wendy was just there, letting Irene hold her hand and immediately smiled at what was really happening to the both of them.


"Unnie, I've liked you way back our trainee days and I could never forget the first time I saw you. I never would've thought I would debut the same group as you and I'm glad I got the chance." Wendy started, not really knowing how her confession would go. But she just went along with how her heart felt at the moment. 


"Happiness era came and we all grew closer to each other. I became closer to you and it's one of the happiest moment in my life. I never even realized I fell for you right there and then. Your eyes caught me off guard and right before I know it, I was already captivated by you. Unnie, this might be, no, scratch that. I know this is weird for you but I like you unnie. More than as a friend." Wendy whispered the last part, afraid of what Joohyun might say and just closed her eyes again and let her head rest on the sofa. She wanted to bury herself, literally, but knew that it ain't the time for that. She already said the word and there was no turning back. It was now or never.


The stagnant atmosphere made Seungwan even more scared. She can't hear anything because of how loud her heart was beating and silence was never a good sign. So she opened her eyes and saw Joohyun with her eyes closed, her head also rested on the sofa and mouth slightly open with matching light snore. 'Well, what a way to go Seungwan!' She mentally exclaimed and smiled. This is, by far, the funniest confession she had ever made in her whole entire life. She wasn't really sure if the older girl heard what she said and she was praying that it was fifty-fifty. The fifty hearing it and the other fifty not hearing it. She then carefully removed her hand from Irene's grasp only to be held tighter by the leader.


"Took you a long time to confess Seungwan-ah. I've been waiting for you." Irene suddenly said, opened her eyes and looked at Wendy with the biggest smile on her face.


"Open your eyes and look at me." She instructed to which Seungwan obliged, fierce brown orbs met soft brown ones and Wendy wanted to just close the distance between them. She's been dying to taste those soft thin lips and wanted to know how it would feel against her own lips. Irene then cupped Wendy's face and let their noses touch each other, signifying an eskimo kiss.


"You thought I was asleep?" Irene teased the blushing Seungwan and continued to look at her.


"What you felt for me isn't weird Seungwan-ah because I have known for a while now. The way you look at me, the way you take care of me, the way you have been singing our songs, I can feel it. The overflowing love you have been giving me aren't going to waste because I feel the same way."


"W-Wait, what? Unnie? Y-You...You feel the same way?"


"Yep."


"Bu-but...I-I..." Wendy could not form any coherent words since Irene reciprocated how she felt for her. She felt her heart bursting like a balloon popping. She couldn't believe what she heard and wanted to really process all that was happening. So she decided to pinch herself and slightly slapped her cheeks to let her know she wasn't really dreaming.


"You don't believe me?"


"N-No unnie, I do. It's just that I really don't know if this reality or if I'm just dreaming."


"Wendy, my Seungwan-ah, I like you too. Make sure to remember this night because for me, this will be one of the most unforgetable nights I would ever have." Irene told her and inched closer towards Seungwan, the latter was just waiting in anticipation. This is the moment she had been waiting for. The moment she will be able to finally kiss Irene and show her how much she really love her.


As soon as Wendy felt the unfamiliar yet familiar soft lips on her, she internally screamed and squealed like a fan girl. Joohyun's lips were soft and thin and it was the most sweetest thing she has ever tasted in her whole life. She felt her lips moved in rythm with Irene's and just let their feeling pour out in that sweet slow kiss. She then softly cupped Irene's face and deepened the kiss while Irene's hands instantly wrapped around Seungwan's petite figure.


Joohyun then straddled Wendy, the latter repositioned her hands to Irene's thighs, carressing it while Irene just carressed her shoulders. They continued kissing, just feeling each other, letting themselves got lost in their own cloud nine. Both then reluctantly pulled away to catch their breaths and Irene rested her head on Seungwan's, still staring at the soft loving brown obs, gave her a sweet peck and rubbed their noses together.


"Unnie..." Wendy breathed out which earned a chuckle from Irene. They were in the same postion and Wendy felt her body getting hot because of the promising position they were in but she instantly shook it off and instead wrapped her arms around Joohyun's waist, bringing the older girl closer to her.


"Wendy-yah, I want to get to know you more. I want to make this right with you. I want to begin our strange love and make every morning always sweet together." Joohyun said with a smile on her lips, knowing Wendy really loved that song, wanted to make a reference for her to tell Seungwan that she wanted to step it up together with her. More than as a friend.


"Unnie, you did not just-"


"I did because I wanted you to know that I'm going to give my all to what this is between us."


"This between us, I will cherish this forever, unnie. I'm super pumped to also give my all to this and make this work and right. So, unnie, will you be my girlfriend?" Seungwan asked with a shaky voice which then received a lighthearted laugh from the leader. She then went ahead and gave Seungwan another soft and sweet kiss, initiating the beginning of their strange love. Both girls smiled through their kiss and Wendy hugged the older girl tighter.


"Does that answer your question my dear Olaf?" Irene teased as she continued to give Wendy's lips light kissess, the latter just continued to smile.


"Yes unnie. Thank you, unnie."


"Why are you thanking me?"


"For giving me, us, a chance."


"I should be the one thanking you for your patience and courage Seungwan-ah." Irene retorted and smiled again at Seungwan.


"Unnie, let's make this ship sailing 'aight?" Seungwan then said and captured Joohyun's lips, initiating yet another slow sweet innocent kiss but this time Irene could feel the aggressiveness she didn't know Wendy possessed. Just as she was about to pull away from Wendy's addicting kisses, the younger girl hoisted her up and slowly laid her down the sofa, still kissing her sweetly.


Wendy then slowly pulled away and wrapped her arms around Irene, enveloping her in a hug. Irene smiled at Wendy's small gesture and cuddled closer to the younger girl. Just as she was about to close her eyes, she felt Wendy kissed her forehead and locked their hands together.


"Bae Joohyun, you will be the death of me." Seungwan softly said and both girls chuckled as they both had their eyes locked and hands locked on each other and slowly drifted off to their wonderland.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, I tried my very best to give you guys a one-shot of my fave couple pairing in Redeu Belbet. Hope you guys enjoyed it though. I know it's ty T.T but yeah. Still happy how it turned out. It was weird writing in a third person pov tho but it was a nice experience. And I kinda literally used eyes locked, hands locked as a plot which is also weird since this song means that the lovers got lost in each other's eyes. Sorry for the errors you see (if ever there is) cause I didn't proofread it yet. Thank you again for reading and let's all support Red Velvet on their upcoming comeback this August! Keep safe everyone! OT5 <3 Reveluv <3 Wenrene <3