Stage 3 삼자 (samcha)

Birthday Girl (Yeonjun TXT)

He sits beside her on the long couch as she bends down to inspect her ankle. She swoons a little having her head so low and he reaches his arm down to catch her. He leans her back.

"Are you hurt?" he asks and she shrugs, as if she can't focus. He looks down at her leg. "Here," he says lifting it to lay across his lap. She watches him as he holds her boot in one hand, and slides her skin tight leopard print pants up with the other. He runs his fingers over the bare skin of her ankle, feeling it gently. She watches him, studying him closely. He wraps his large hand around her ankle, rubbing it. He looks up and catches her watching him. Her expression dreamy, as she bites her lip. He he smiles up at her, arching his eyebrow. Maybe she likes him, just a little.  "I don't think you damaged anything, just your pride," he teases. 

"What are you talking about I'm an excellent dancer!" she argues. He nods.

"Yeah, but you've had a few too many I think," he reasons. She scowls at him and stands up quickly. 

"What do you know about it?!" She storms off in the direction of the bar and Yeonjun watches as she disappears into the crowd of people moving between them. He panics a little and stands up, looking through the faces swirling around him, he can't see where she went. He begins to move through the crowd, tracing her path, and he scans the room for her. He stops in the middle of the dance floor where he has a view of nearly the entire club, but he doesn't see her. How can one small girl in a blazing hot pink top disappear so quickly, he wonders. Beomgyu steps up next to him, drink in hand.

"What you looking for hyung?" He instinctively turns to look around as well. Yeonjun turns to him.

"Did you see where she went?"

"Who?"

"The girl, the one Tae spilled his drink on, did you see her pass by?" He sounds more nervous as he speaks. Beomgyu shakes his head.

"No, I've been to the bar." He takes a long sip off his drink. Yeonjun frowns realizing that's probably where she is, not that she needs anything more to drink. "Are you ready to go? Soobin says it's time for stage 3?" Yeonjun shakes his head 'no'.

"I can't leave yet, I want to find her, she's had too much to drink, I don't want to leave her on her own." He looks back to Beomgyu just as Taehyun walks up finishing his drink.

"Are we going?" he asks and Beomgyu shakes his head and leans over to him.

"Yeonjunnie wants to find that girl, the one you spilled the drink on." Taehyun's face flushes red with embarrassment.

"Aww don't remind me." He looks down shaking his head. "Hyung, we need to leave now, Soobin already called the car." Yeonjun shakes his head.

"I'm not leaving until I see she's ok, you can go on without me if you want." He looks around, scanning the room again, then he sees a flurry of pink in the crowd near the bar. He turns to his friends as he begins to back away. "I'll be fine, meet you at Pistil?" Beomgyu narrows his gaze at him, unsure. "It's fine, meet you there, I can walk." He nods to him and continues to back into the crowd toward the pink spot he saw in the distance.

"Soobin's not gonna like this," Taehyun says watching him disappear. Beomgyu shrugs, finishing his drink. 

"He's the oldest, he knows what he's doing," he says and motions for Taehyun to follow him back to the others. 

Yeonjun snakes through the crowd toward the bar and he spots her, finishing a glass of something near a few guys who are looking her over. He doesn't like the look of them and in that instant he decides he's got to get her away from this situation. He walks up to her, wrapping his arm around her waist casually.

"There you are, been looking for you," he says like he's known her for years. She looks back at him surprised, and leans her head back to try to focus on him better.

"Oh it's you," she says, and the men standing nearby get the picture and step away from her. He keeps his arm around her, to steady her as he tries to lead her away from the bar. He takes the glass from her hand, leaving it on the edge of the bar.

"Let's get you back to your friends, do you know where they are?" he asks, walking carefully with her.

"Nope," she says, throwing one hand up in the air. "Where did my drink go?"

"You finished it," he lies. "When did you see them last?"

"Who?" She allows herself to be lead away from the bar toward the crowd.

"Your friends, the ones you came with?" he reminds her wondering how drunk she really is.

"Oh them. They left. I told them I didn't want to go home yet, it's only midnight," she explains. He looks down at his watch.

"Actually it's after 1," he corrects her. She smiles really big and jumps up into his arms suddenly, startling him.

"Oh good! that means we can go to Soap!" she says and he looks at her surprised. 

"Why now?"

"Because I get in free, if I dance." He doesn't understand the logic, or what she's talking about, but she seems determined. "Wanna go? I want to dance, this place is dead." He looks around at the huge crowd all dancing and turns back to her. She smiles at him and leans very close to him. "And you can show me your moves." She throws her arms around his neck and brings her face close to his. He can smell the alcohol heavy on her breath. It's not a good idea to leave her at this club alone, and he is fairly certain she won't go home. Maybe it's a better idea to go to Soap Seoul with her, just to make sure she's ok, and she doesn't drink anything else. He smiles at her and when she realizes he's agreeing to take her, she kisses him, sloppily, making him pull back, embarrassed. She's definitely cute, and he's definitely interested but, she's also beyond drunk so keeping her at arm's length is the best option for now. "Let's go!" She takes his hand and pulls him along behind her, past all of the people, through the front door and out of the club. 

They step onto the dark street outside and he looks back to see if he can spot the company van. It's already left, most likely, to head in the other direction, but, it's not far from where he's going, he reasons. He can always meet them after he's sure she's ok, maybe after a few songs. She'll probably tire herself out anyway. He almost runs after her as he's pulled along the dark street, past people stopped at food stalls and people stumbling out of doorways. He feels her grip on him tighten. Wherever they're going, he's ready for it.