Adults 어른 (eolun)

Birthday Girl (Yeonjun TXT)

A/N: Happy Comeback Day TXT 5/31/21 (I Know I love you, too TXT)


January 1st is a big day in Korea for anyone who is turning 20. It's the day when you reach majority age and can go into clubs and drink alcohol and there are other benefits of being an adult but of course Taehyun and Heuningkai aren't worried about those other benefits today. All they want to do is go out with their friends, dance, drink, and have fun.  It's something they've been thinking about for a long time and they have a list of clubs in Itaewon they're planning to visit all in one night. Their roommates have already past the age, but since the members of their new Kpop group Tomorrow x Together were announced in January two years previous, they were actually too busy to have this night out, and they wouldn't have gone and left the younger behind. So 2021 has become the de facto celebratory year for them all.

Yeonjun is in his room getting ready for the night, and he can hear Taehyun and Heuningkai through the shared wall laughing and almost giggling in their room, teasing each other as they go through their wardrobes to find just the perfect outfit to announce their adulthood. He listens at the wall, smiling, and thinking about how overly excited they are. He hears a tap at his door and he turns to see Soobin peeking in. He's already finished getting ready and looks dressed for a business meeting in conservative dark pants and button down shirt. Yeonjun chuckles at him.

"Soobin, you look like you work in IT. Why don't you wear something a little flashier?" he asks. Soobin smiles at him, full dimples showing.

"I figured I'd leave the leopard print to you tonight." Yeonjun looks down at his new jacket and holds it open.

"It's Gucci baby," he teases, modeling it. 

"You know you can see right through that vest underneath," he sits down on Yeonjun's bed.

"That's the idea!" He pulls the jacket open to reveal his pale shoulder peeking out and he winks at Soobin. Squealing can be heard from the room next door and Beomgyu steps into the doorway.

"Our maknae are a little overly excited tonight," he says stepping in farther, looking at the wall as something bangs against it from their room causing the mirror to bounce with the vibration.

"We might have to reign them in a little or we won't make it to the club." Soobin suggests.

"I want to know what they've already had to drink," Beomgyu asks. Heuningkai pops his head in the door, looking at the others.

"Nothing hyung, I swear, we are just excited. We're ready. Can we go now?" He looks at Yeonjun who puts several bracelets on, and runs his hand through his hair, checking out his reflection in the now crooked mirror.

"We can, but remember we have training in the morning so we can not stay out late." Soobin warns as Taehyun crowds into the room with the others. 

"I'm sure it will be fine, if we only spend an hour at each club on the list, we'll be home by 2." Taehyun laughs hitting Heuningkai playfully indicating toward the front door.

"Just pace yourself with the Soju, you should only have one drink at each place too or you'll pay for it in the morning." Soobin stands up to move toward the door causing the others to turn to leave. 

"Yes dad," Taehyun teases.  Yeonjun grabs Soobin's arm, holding him back as the others move into the hallway. He leans in. 

"But we get to drink as much as we like right?" He winks. Soobin shakes his head at him, grinning. 

"Dance practice is going to be difficult enough tomorrow." 

They crowd into the van waiting outside their dorm for the short trip into the part of town known for two things, late night clubs, and crime.  The Army base nearby caused a slew of seedy clubs with dubious reputations to spring up in the previous decades and the area was known as a place to avoid but in recent years, it's become known for being the tourist hotspot, full of bars and restaurants and people from all over.  

Their driver was told to stay nearby and just wait to be called to take them from club to club all night so there would be no chance of trouble. Yeonjun is a little disappointed at that, because he could use a little trouble in his life. He's been working so hard on the next comeback album and dance rehearsals and although he isn't the leader, he's the oldest and he feels like keeping this punishing pace of practice, rehearsal and perfection is important to inspire the younger members to do the same. But tonight, he'd love to just have one crazy night, full of adventure. Being chauffeured safely from one prearranged club visit to the next is not exactly wilding. 

The van pulls up to the side of a club off a main drag and the members look out of the tinted window at the side door of a club they've arranged to visit first. One bodyguard is at the door waiting as they cautiously step out.  He looks over each of them as they step towards the door, noting the younger members looking a bit sheepish at the hulking figure stood with arms crossed. He narrows his eyes at them for a long moment, and then reaches one thick arm back to open the door.  They bow slightly as they walk past, Heuningkai turns back to him.

"Thank you sir!" he calls out politely.  The others laugh a little as they walk down a dark hallway toward another door. They can hear music pounding on the other side and they push the buzzer lit up next to the door.  The door is opened by a woman with a headset on and she nods and steps aside to let them in. The music swirls around them and they blink hard at the bright lights shining in nearly every direction making the room pulse with color.

"Your VIP area is over here," she indicates an area set apart from the dance floor by couches and a few more bodyguards. "No one comes into this area unless you bring them in," she says as she nods to them. They walk past her toward the couches and take a seat.  Taehyun looks around, wondering a bit why he's sitting on a couch when he could be doing that at home. Heuningkai is smiling broadly, nodding his head to the music that he can't yet identify. Soobin and Yeonjun exchange glances and Yeonjun nods and stands up.

"First round is on me!" he calls to them and they nod and smile as Yeonjun walks past the burly guards out into the club, in search of the bar, on his own.