[AU] Puppy

Her || oneshot series

Jimin adopted a puppy, Minjeong wasn't fully amused.


  "So from my understanding, you adopted a puppy, named it Mindeong-ie because I have a transfer program in Japan that lasted for... three months? Jimin-unnie, I'm coming back in a week." Minjeong rested her forehead on her knuckles, shaking the whole idea that her girlfriend have a pet with the reason of missing her? How was she supposed to react to all of this? Flattered that Jimin missed her a lot or perplexed that she named the puppy Mindeong-ie? It was mixed feelings for sure.

 Jimin brought her blonde pomeranian puppy up for Minjeong to look at from their video call, a big smile on her face. "Still, look at Mindeong-ie! He's just like you, cute and mine!" Minjeong just nodded, a hint of red from her face thanks to Jimin's very confident usage of mine... that was until she noticed something else. 

 " Wait- HE?! You named a male puppy after me??" 

 The older just nodded, puffing her cheeks as she hugged her puppy closer to her body, receiving a bark from the small bundle of fur in her arms. "Well... I didn't realise it was male until three days after I adopted him. Come on Minjeong, we can be parents together. Mindeong-ie's a good by, he listens well." 

  Minjeong now rested her cheek on her palm, a small smile forming on her lips as she looked at Jimin with her puppy. She'll probably be okay with this as it did brought a smile on Jimin's face, she likes that. She likes everything about Jimin honestly- just sadly, not at the same level that Jimin does for her. 

 So maybe learning to accept a new living creature in Jimin's life could make her be better in that aspect. "Okay okay, just tell Mindeong-ie here that once Minjeong's home, Jimin's all hers." 

 Minjeong ended the call with a flying kiss, a wink and a good glimpse of a blushing mess Jimin.

-

 Taeyeon was having fun laughing at her younger sister who's now downing herself with can of iced coffee. She never thought she'd see the day where her younger sister would go through a struggle in what used to be a relatively peaceful love life with Jimin thanks to Mindeong-ie. 

 " Oh come on, you love Zero, what's so bad about Mindeong-ie?" Minjeong glared at her older sister, teeth gritting in anger as her grip on her can caused a dent. The little pomeranian makes it a thing to annoy Minjeong as if it's his purpose. Barking whenever Minjeong was near Jimin, jumping to Jimin's lap when the pair was snuggling on the couch, Jimin's cheeks after Minjeong kissed her. It drove her on edge too when Jimin would favour the rascal more than her girlfriend. 

 "At least Zero doesn't disturb you when you're all hands with Jessica-unnie, Mindeong makes sure I don't lay a finger on Jimin-unnie!" Taeyeon immediately shuts her younger sister's mouth, looking around the area to see if anyone noticed what the younger Kim said. 

 "Okay not so loud idiot, we're not at home." Minjeong rolled her eyes before pushing her sister's hand, a pout formed on her face. She's not used to all of this, jealousy towards a dog, slight possessiveness towards Jimin, it felt weird for her, everything relatively new. It felt childish npw that she thinks about it and told Taeyeon after finishing her coffee. 

 Taeyeon listened to her sister, nodding through her words, providing a pat on her back from the worries Minjeong had. Once Minjeong was done, Taeyeon hummed and contemplated on what's the best advice or approach that Minjeong can do for all of this. She knows how Minjeong isn't really fond of relationships as how before Jimin, Minjeong made it clear she loved how she is now. 

 " It's the lack of commitment, Taeyeon-unnie. Don't you feel chained up being there for someone that was a stranger from the day you were born?" 

 So now seeing that same Minjeong racking her brain because of a puppy that Jimin has, Taeyeon felt her growth. The same Minjeong now has a girlfriend and she's frustrated that Mindeong-ie is being a lil to her when Jimin's involved. 

 Taeyeon wrapped her arm around Minjeong, ruffling her younger sister's hair under the beanie she's wearing. "Well, here's an idea...." 

 Jimin was pleasantly surprised when Minjeong agreed to take care of Mindeong-ie when the older woman was busy with her student council work. She'll usually ask Aeri or Yeji to take care of Mindeong-ie as the pomeranian was stubborn whenever Minjeong was near her. She noticed that of course as whenever Minjeong's hands were on her, Mindeong-ie would bark his way and stop the two from whatever they're doing. 

 "You sure about this?" 

 "I'm trying my best to love him so maybe that lil rascal would learn along the way and we can be... what was it that you say that day, parents for Mindeong-ie? Yeah that." Minjeong nodded to herself, convincing herself that it's what she wanted to do. Or more like Taeyeon's idea just for them to get along.

 A blush formed on Jimin's face as she leaned down to give a peck on Minjeong's cheeks. "Yeah that- now take care of our puppy now, my puppy."

 Minjeong rolled her eyes and stiuck her tongue out to the leaving Jimin, with Mindeong-ie next to her, wagging his tail. Seeing that the figure is now gone, Minjeong picked up him up and entered Jimin's apartment, closing the door behind her. 

 " You're lucky I like Jimin-unnie enough to try and get along with you, lil rascal so let's make a deal, we get along for Jimin-unnie, okay?" 

 The dog barked once, implying that he agreed. 

 Adopting Mindeong-ie felt like a good idea for Jimin when Minjeong was gone during her short transfer. She missed her girlfriend a bit too much even when the younger made it a point to text and call her whenever she's free but that was proving difficult when her schedule was filled with council work and she needs Minjeong there physically. One Sunday afternoon, Jimin with Aeri was home with Mindeong-ie, a smile on the older's face and a questioning look on her friend's. 

 "I still wonder why I didn't stop you from adopting Mindeong-ie. At least tell me you've told Minjeong about this." 

 Jimin's nose was deep in the puppy's fur and stopped once Aeri was done with her words. "That never crossed my mind- I'll tell her once she calls, don't worry~" 

 Though that fall flat once Minjeong texted her for the past week thanks to her own busy schedule. It never crossed Jimin's mind to send a picture of Mindeong, until that day where they video-called and Minjeong's agape expression when she was greeted with an enthusiastic blonde pomeranian. 

 Now, with both Mindeong-ie and Minjeong in her apartment without her, Jimin can't help but wonder if her place would still be in one piece when she's home. Everyone else in the room noticed the shift in Jimin's demeanor, hearing more sighs, the constant peak she does towards her phone and her swerving on the president's chair. 

 Jimin came home to a surprisingly quiet apartment and no sign of both her puppy and girlfriend. Taking off her platform boots, she walked into her litted apartment and saw both of them laying down on her couch, Mindeong-ie on top of a Minjeong whose arm hung at the edge of the couch. The sight made Jimin giggle, She leaned down and poked Minjeong's nose, causing the girl to wake up with her eyebrows scrunched up, a smirk formed on her face.  

 "Did Mindeong-ie behave?"  Jimin asked as she picked up her puppy, carrying him to his bed, located on the opposite side of the room. Minjeong sat up straight, massaging her face as she looked at Jimin patting him. 

 "Surprsingly he was and all it took was to tell him say your name and he'll listen. He is like me in that sense I guess." Jimin peaked to where her girlfriend is, a curious smile on her face. She hummed and walked back to the couch, this time straddling Minjeong which surprised the younger. 

 Jimin wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's neck, pulling her slightly closer while stlll maintaining a gap between them. "So all it took for the two of you to behave was me being out of the house? Now how am I supposed to see my two puppies get along?" Minjeong rolled her eyes and lightly pinched the older's nose bridge. 

 "I never said anything about you being in the equation. Like we can always be the parents who take shifts when it comes to taking care of their kids, you know like-" Before she finished her sentence, Jimin is already pinching both of her cheeks, pulling them with a grim smile on her face. Her eyes says a lot and Minjeong knows that she's dead the next day if she ever said those two words. 

 Jimin let go of her cheeks after the incomprehensible line of sorry Minjeong manage to say before giving her forehead a good flick and cheek kisses to soothe the pain. "You imply that one more time I'll make sure you don't see the light of day, Kim Minjeong so you better prepare a eulogy." 

 Minjeong nodded eagerly and wrap her arms around Jimin, resting her forehead on her shoulder. She gave Jimin's shoulder some kisses before sighing deeper into their embrace. "If I remind you of a pupyy then you're a cat, Jimin-unnie." 

 "How so?" 

 "You scratch a lot." 

 The older's apartment was then filled with laughter, whines and a loud slap noises on one's shoulder. 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'm treating myself after being done with an assignment so have some fluff Winrina. As much as Winter would be on the receiving end of teases, today's update just says otherwise.

Till next time and again, suggestions are always welcome!