CHAPTER 1

[SR] The Parallel Universe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Image is not mine^^) (CTTO)

Ten years had passed when the rivalry between the two kingdoms disturbed the peace in the land of Euromia. The war that lasted almost a year turned Euromia into a ramshackle region. It was a period of eternal ruins for the people of both kingdoms. The kingdom of Hora and the kingdom of Sera.

 

While becoming rain in water remained an option, the rulers of Hora chose to be the oil that lurks beneath the surface. They saw greatness in being on top. They desired massive influence, and the unforeseen war was the cultivation of their continuous longing for power.

 

The kingdom of Sera predicted the horrendous event, thus their cautious schemes, but had not expected the kingdom of Hora to ambuscade to the greatest extent. The royalties of Hora risked the lives of their people like it was never a part of their responsibility to nurture it. All for the privilege of dominating Euromia.

 

Only after both Kings died that the war stopped.

 

There was peace once more, but the tragedy needed closure. And this closure darkens the history of Euromia from pitch black to vantablack. The closure was a tradition from the start but later on became the unwritten law.

 

This is the act wherein when the owner of the throne lays down his life and crosses the afterlife, the Queen must come after. The moment the King breathes his last, so must his other half; to prove them worthy of their position.

 

The war ended, yet the sequel carried more pain.

 

Heir-at-law in the kingdom of Hora is the only son who survived the war, together with her sister, who is a few years younger.

 

Meanwhile, the Kingdom of Sera is entrusted to their sole heiress, Irene.

 

As the only royalty left, Irene had no one to rely on but herself. She was able to execute well, regardless of her imperfections as a young ruler. Owing to her, the kingdom of Sera was able to put things back in place. Not as much alike to how it was before, but probably much better than when the war commenced.

 

And owing to her, Seulgi is in a much safer place. Because that is where she is. The kingdom of Sera. And right before her is not the Bae Joohyun she has in mind, but Irene, Her Royal Highness.

 

“Bae Joohyun?”

 

The kingdom is barricaded by Royal guards, which makes it almost impossible for outlanders to enter. So it left Irene flustered when Seulgi showed up out of nowhere. She partly covers her face like it’s an algorithm for meeting strangers as royalty. “Who are you?”

 

“Hey, stop joking around. Oh dear, I thought I’d never get to see you again.” The overwhelming sense of relief charged Seulgi to step closer and give Irene a hug. She tightened it to express how happy she was to see the significant other as if she hadn’t jumped into the water voluntarily to disappear.

 

The moment Her Royal Highness sat on the throne, nobody had ever done that. Not even getting that close to her. She resisted the skinship and ended up falling to the ground. “What do you think you’re doing?! What gives you the right to step into this palace? With all the royal guards at that?”

 

“What are you talking about? It’s me, Seulgi.”

 

“I have not known anyone with that name. And not a bit of you look like you belong in my kingdom.” Her Royal Highness halts with threatening eyes. “Or were you sent here to kill me as well? Go. You better start running before I call on the guards. I’m giving you a chance to save yourself.” She gets back on her feet.

 

“Stop messing around Joohyun. Seriously, where are we?”

 

“I. AM. NOT. MESSING. AROUND.” She asserts. She spent her invaluable time trying to elaborate on how the outlander is mistaken, where she is, and what trouble she is causing. “Now confess. Who are you, and what brought you to my kingdom?”

 

Like anyone else in her shoes, Seulgi is left dumbfounded. “Kingdom? Queen? Wait, what? I—Fine. Let’s say what you’re telling me is true. Then how did I end up here?”

 

“You’re doing things vice-versa, don’t you think? I know nothing about your identity, and you’re asking me that? I cannot even tell whether you’re unaware or just a good pretender.”

 

“Woah, easy there. I mean, you said you’re a queen. Why fear a person like me?”

 

“I do not fear you nor the kind of person you might be. It is my duty to protect my people, and that covers me being meticulous.”

 

“I guess you’re right.” Seulgi pauses to take a step closer. “But there’s no need to stay alert around me. I can be the weakest person you’ll ever meet.”

 

“Weakest?”

 

“Yeah. If you find out what I did just before I found myself wandering in your kingdom, you’ll be disappointed. You might not even set your eyes on me.”

 

The royalty tries to keep up with Seulgi’s strange dialogue, but she can’t seem to understand. “I’m clueless of what you’re trying to bring about, but I must ask you to leave my kingdom before the guards come for you.” She takes a few steps backward to stay farther. As if she was waiting for the outlander to leave, she had prolonged the threat in her eyes.

 

“Wait, can’t you just take me in? I swear I don’t have anywhere to go. I know nothing about this place. Besides, I don’t even know how I got here in the first place.”

 

Other people would have been on their knees, already begging, but this woman hinted no fear nor intimidation. She exuded confidence as if she was talking to a friend. And all of these brought nothing but displeasure to Her Royal Highness. “What good will it bring me for letting you stay?”

 

“I… I don’t know. Maybe I can be your slave or something? I don’t really care. Just please let me stay?” This time, Seulgi flashes a smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter