Chapter 9

Who are you

A/N: A consecutive update because why not? This was planned to be the last chapter but it came out quite long and I didn't want to rush the ending. So, I have cut the chapter into two. The last chapter will be uploaded soon. Please look forward to it and thank you for reading this fanfic. Also, I appreciate the comments, they motivated me. 

 

 

 

 

Byul’s plans were falling in their place little by little and when the police showed up to rescue Yong-sun and her team, she selected only ten of her most capable and trusted men and fled the place, leaving the rest to face their destiny.

 

The news of those annoying nasty drug dealers reached Byul and it caused her to cackle alerting Seulgi who was beside her. Byul never sent Seulgi back to her father. She had been hiding Seulgi inside the cottage near the cliff. Everyday she observed Seulgi and cut deep wounds to leave scars on Seulgi’s bodies.

 

Once everything was set, Byul ordered her men to release the one-sided audios, contracts, files and videos of the main candidates she chose to take revenge on which would finally lead to her father. She knew Yong-sun will solve the puzzle, connecting the dots and closed the case with victory.

 

In the war Byul created, Seulgi sat opposite to Byul on the dining table and watch her eat without feeling bothered. Sometimes, when Seulgi looked at Byul, she felt like she was looking at herself.

 

“Byul, whatever you are doing you need to stop before it’s too late.” Seulgi did not want to see Byul turn evil completely. She did hate Byul for killing Marco, but she was scared and worried that if their father finds out, they would be hunted down till they die.

 

“After all what I have done?”, Byul thumped the spoon loudly and stared menacingly at Seulgi. “Sis, if I am the evil, then he is the devil.” Byul stood up from her seat pointing her finger to Seulgi. “You should be grateful I didn’t send you back and kept you here. I am going to finish what I have started and you…you will be right next to me till the end.”

 

Byul won’t let her father get away easily. Since he would not acknowledge her, Byul was ready to show directly what her father had overlooked. If she can’t have it, then no one shall have it too.

 

“Ma’am, none of them are not cooperating with the police.” Byul’s most trusted man reports. The candidates she chose for the revenge fought back with their connections. They were not ready to let an unknown person bring them down.

 

Byul leisurely tap her cheek on a rhythm and use her other hand to surf the list of files on the tablet. “Which one should I use? Which one of you is a coward?”, Byul stopped at the folder named- ‘Smelly Baek’. “This one. Use this clip.” The grin on her face seemed more and more sinister to Seulgi who was always kept under Byul’s eyes.

 

Provoking and stirring up the candidates’ trust among themselves worked in making them target each another. Moreover, Byul’s excitement reached its peak when Mr. Moon was brought to South Korea for trial. The final stage of her revenge will be decided by the court.

 

Mr. Moon knew it was Byul and tried to track her down. With no one who knows where Byul was, Mr. Moon has to get rid of the evidence. But what he did not realized was Byul was hoping he did so.  When one evidence disappears or proved unqualified to be brought forth in the court, Byul release another evidence to torture her father. Byul planned to beat her father on a legal platform and took advantage of the public.

 

In the evening, laughter filled the dining hall of the cottage. Seulgi joined Byul and her ten men in celebrating the victory against their father. Byul picked up her glass to raise a toss, “It’s been a fun ride along this journey and I am thankful for your service. After tonight, you are free from my hands and…I hope God look after you from now on. Bottom’s up.” They all cheered and drank their drinks.

 

Byul take a good look at each of the ten men and turned to Seulgi, coincidentally locking their eyes. Seulgi stared back in confusion to Byul’s smile. Suddenly, the loud thud on the table startled Seulgi. One after another, those men loss their consciousness; some on the table and some on the floor.

 

Byul knocked on the table and Seulgi slowly turned her head in shock. “They are dead.”

 

Seulgi almost stopped breathing at the moment. Byul took a sip from the glass and passionately gazed at Seulgi. “You are next.”

 

Seulgi trembled as she immediately knocked down the chair and ran out of the room.

 

Byul chased Seulgi and pushed her against the wall. Seulgi grunt at the pain and glared horridly at Byul, “You…What are you?”

 

“I am You.”

 

Byul punched Seulgi and thrash her badly enough to leave bruises all over the body. Seulgi fought back but it did not hurt much to Byul. The punch on the stomach made Seulgi to coughed out blood and she could barely move. She crawled towards the main door as Byul slowly follow her. She reached for the handle and Byul immediately slammed the door.

 

Taking the chance of close range, Seulgi bit Byul’s leg. Byul yelled pulling Seulgi’s hair. The adrenaline rush was high and Seulgi could only think of escape at the moment. She stood up when Byul pulled her hair and before Byul could punch her again, she kicked Byul on the shin and ran out in the woods.

 

“Argghh! This ing people…Do you like kicking me?” Now that she has made Byul angrier, Seulgi ran for her life.

 

She needed to get as far as she could from the place. For someone who has never ran a long distance, Seulgi was doing good. In the dark woods with no light, Seulgi lost her way but she kept running and didn’t stop for a second.

 

A little later, Seulgi halted at the edge of the cliff. Everything was terrifying; the dark night, the silent woods and the sound of river flowing. The hairs on her skin stood erect on the thought of Byul chasing her.

 

“There you are.” Byul flashed the light to Sulgi’s face and panted after running around in search of Seulgi.

 

The fright of Byul and death heightened and in the eyes of Seulgi, she saw no Byul but a merciless devil with red eyes. If she was going to die, she decided to take Byul along with her.

 

Byul walked up to Seulgi as Seulgi moved back a little closer to the cliff. Byul reached out her hand and plead Seulgi to take it. “I am sorry. I should not have done it.”

 

Seulgi hesitantly hold up her hand. Byul grab her hand slowly and pull her cautiously.

 

Suddenly, Seulgi hauled Byul and fling her towards the cliff. Byul loss her balance and slipped down. But she managed to hang on the rocky surface. Seulgi turned around to ran away.

 

“Help me. I’m…slipping off.”

 

Seulgi clearly did not want to help Byul. For what she had done to Marco, to the innocent people and her loyal men, Seulgi felt Byul deserved to die. No, she needs to die.

 

“Are you there? Help me.” Byul’s voice trembled as she called for Seulgi.

 

Seulgi moved back and forth clogged up with the decision. She looked at the cliff and the sound of the flowing river gave her chills. Byul was her only family left in this world. And no matter how much she wanted Byul to die, she will always be her sister. If Byul dies, she will be held responsible for the death. “Screw this.”

 

Seulgi bent over and gave her hand to pull Byul up. Byul grasped her hand and looked up to Seulgi. With the same smile from before, “Got’cha”, Byul pulled Seulgi and both fell from the cliff into the running water.

 

 

>>>

 

 

When Yong-sun arrived at the place, the bodies were already taken to the hospital.

 

“As soon as we found them on the river bank, we took them to the hospital.” The patrol officer who found the bodies filled in to Yong-sun while driving to the hospital. “One of them must have drowned and died. They looked familiar and I remembered your sketch. So, I called you in to check.”

 

“Thank you. Were they at the same place?”

 

“They were found around fifty meters apart.”

 

Yong-sun went to the morgue first to check the dead body. The body was covered with wounds and bruises. And the face was that of the Moon sisters. “What about the other? Did she have the same wound?”. The doctor informed Yong-sun that both the bodies were badly wounded like someone had beaten them badly. “Also, the other one is still unconscious.”

 

“I want a full examination on them. Find out any significant difference to tell them apart.”

 

For two days, Yong-sun visit the hospital and check on the sleeping sister.

 

“Sunbae, how is she?”, Whee-in called Yong-sun to update on Moon.

 

“Is she a sleeping beauty? She is not brain dead either. Why is she not waking up already?”, Yong-sun did not have the patience to wait anymore.

 

“There is nothing we can do. Sunbae, don’t stress about it. She will wake up one day.”

 

“One day my . If she is Byul, she needs to wake up now and face her judgement.”

 

While Moon slept, Yong-sun requested a postmortem examination of the dead body. She went to Mr. Moon who was in prison to assist them in identifying the dead body. According to Mr. Moon, the one who has a scar on the body is Byul because he was the one who put it there. But both the bodies were scarred, hence making it hard for Mr. Moon to identify them.

 

Before, Byul was the one with short hair and Seulgi, with long hair. Now that they have the same hair length and same body proportion, it seemed impossible to identify who was who.

 

 

“What a wonderful father. He doesn’t even know his daughters.” Yong-sun gulped in the beer in one shot. Whee-in nervously looked at Yong-sun who won’t stop drinking. “Haha, Byul. You are one smart .”

 

Yong-sun impatiently waited for three more days and on the fifth day, Moon finally woke up from the deep sleep.

 

The doctor examined Moon and asked what her name was while she sat there on the bed staring at the doctor and the nurses.

 

“Am I in a hospital?”

 

“Yes, miss. Can you please tell me your name?”

 

“What-“, Moon squinted her eyes, trying to remember, “is my name?”

 

 

 

“What?? She lost her memories?”, Whee-in and Eric yelled in unison at Yong-sun.

 

“How did it happen?”, Eric asked to clarify.

 

“The doctor said she could have hurt her head but there was no damage to her brain. Or maybe it was the shock. They don’t know for sure yet. They will run some more test.”

 

Moon was kept under the supervision of the doctors and the police in the hospital. Until she remembers who she was, Yong-sun decided to cling on her. This time she will not make the same mistake of Moon’s escape.