How It All Began (Part One)

Our Bundle of Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello, readers~ So the first part of WenRene's backstory is finally up! My friend helped me write this and idk how many parts this would have but yeah:D Hopefully you would enjoy and so sorry for the slow update! :') i've been very busy in real life but thank you so so so much for the love and support for this story <3 (Also, read Author's Thoughts below!)

 

 

 

 

 

"Great job, girls! Now you may take your breaks!"

"Yes!" Irene and Seulgi grinned at each other before heading out of the dance practice rooms with the other trainees. "Gosh, I like our new dance teacher! The way she taught us is so good!" chirped Seulgi as the two walked towards the hallway to the cafeteria. "Right? I'm confident that we'll debut soon because of her." Irene giggled.

They arrived in the cafeteria and took salads as their snacks. "What do you wanna do in our free time later?" asked Irene with her cute satoori as she took a bite from the salad.

"Sleep, I didn't get that much sleep yesterday because I was busy practicing singing." she sighed and drank her favorite chocolate milk. "Oh, okay. I guess I'll do the same." shrugged the bunny.

"Oh yeah, I also heard that a girl from Canada joined recently!" squealed Seulgi. Irene quirked a brow at her friend.

"Canada?"

"Yeah! She even studied and lived in the US!" The bear excitedly clapped her hands. "What's her name?" questioned Irene, starting to have interest on the newbie.

"Well, I forgot. But I guess she'll be in the vocal lessons class a little later." grinned Seulgi.

After finishing dancing lessons, the two went to the vocal lessons room to see their vocal teacher and a student chatting happily. "Good afternoon, Mrs. Han." The two girls bowed to the teacher politely. "Good afternoon, girls! I would also like to introduce our new trainee!" The vocal teacher excitedly brought the girl to the front.

The newbie looks at both of them joyfully with a small wave. Irene smiled at the sight after seeing the girl adorable with her cute cheeks and innocent smile.

"Hello, I'm Son Seungwan. Just call me Wendy for short. Hopefully we'll get along!" the new trainee cordially grinned at the two. "Hello~" the two gave her a small bow and grinned back. "So, Seungwan, this Bae Joohyun and Kang Seulgi! They are one of my favorite students here in vocal class!" the teacher puts her arms around their shoulders.

The girls were startled at first but just continue to smile at the new girl. "Nice to meet you~" Wendy gave them a polite bow before offering her hand to them.

Irene reached out first and did a handshake with her with a genuine smile. Somehow she saw a pink hue appearing in the girl's cheeks but ignored it, thinking that it's not that kind of big of a deal. Seulgi reached out next, showing off her adorable half-moon eye smile.

"Alright, girls. You may sit down so we'll start our lesson and practice." said Mrs. Han as the three went to find their own seats.

Wendy sat next to Irene while Seulgi sat opposite to them. Wendy is usually the student who listens and pays her whole attentions towards the teacher and is always willing to ask questions to learn the topic a little better. But this time, she felt shy after seeing the girl beside her. She lost the ability to pay attention and listen to their vocal teacher and stared at her for the whole lesson.

Until she went back to reality after Mrs. Han starts calling her name. "Ms. Son? Are you listening?" she gently asked the girl, who started to sweat profusely.

"Y-Yes, Mrs. Han! I...I am!" she grinned at her awkwardly. Irene turned around and smiled shyly at Wendy. Seeing that lovely smile surely made Wendy's heart melt.

"Very well, I thought you've been staring at Ms. Joohyun for a while."

Wendy froze at her spot. "W-What? N-No, Mrs. Han! I was...I was just..." Wendy quickly looked somewhere behind Irene to find an excuse. "You don't understand Korean that much yet?" Mrs. Han questioned.

"Yes!" Wendy covered for being too loud. The teacher gave her a quirked brow while Seulgi and Irene are busy writing notes in their notebooks. "I mean, yes, Mrs. Han. Is it okay to add a little English?"

Mrs. Han replied with a sincere smile. "Of course,"

Wendy lets out a sigh of relief. Well, it's kind of true that she doesn't understand some stuff that the teacher was saying, but she's already fluent enough in Korean.

Thankfully, the teacher made an excuse just for her. But she noticed that Irene doesn't even bother when the teacher told Wendy that. Perhaps she already knows that she's THAT pretty, thought Wendy, which made her giggle like a little kid in the inside.

Finally, their vocal lessons ended after an hour. They spent their time inside by discussing how to properly sing, did some vocal practices, and even tried some songs to train their vocals.

Then when it's Wendy's turn to sing, Irene and Seulgi couldn't help but stare at her in awe for having such powerful and clean singing voice.

"I didn't expect that, Seungwan-shi!" Seulgi praised Wendy with a grin as she brought her notebook to her lips to cover it. "Thank you so much, Seulgi. And, is it alright to drop the honorifics? I just wanna be casual." The hamster-like girl gently pats the bear's shoulder.
"Of course!" Seulgi lets out a cute giggle.

Meanwhile, Wendy turned to Irene, who's right beside Seugli, clutching her notebook with a vague look. She noticed that she had gone silent for the whole lesson.

"So, um, want to grab some snacks?" asked Wendy. Seulgi shook her head with her nose scrunched up.

"Nah, I'm good. I'll be going to the dorms to sleep. I haven't slept properly in days."  yawned the bear. "Oh okay, what about you?" Wendy looked at Irene, who shyly bit her lip. "Sure," she bashfully replied before tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

As the two went straight to the cafeteria, they took four pieces of cookies of their own and brought it to their dorms. "I also heard that you'll be my roommate, Wendy." Irene finally spoke up as she carried her cookies while drinking her water bottle.

"Really?" Wendy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter