A Bit Different

Our Bundle of Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The baby's cries could be heard throughout the whole delivery room as medical staff gave the baby to Irene and hurriedly but gently cleaned the baby and cleared it's airways.

Wendy watched as her eyes filled with tears. She still couldn't believe that she and Irene are already parents. The two has been planning on having a family someday until this miracle happened to them early.

A little later, Wendy cuts the umbilical cord of the baby and the team brought the baby behind the folding walls to get a checkup.

Some of the medical team stared at Wendy with a judgemental look but she chose to ignore those anyway. Luckily, the one checking the baby is polite towards her as they even talk about how to hold a baby properly. “Here, you can carry her now. Just support the neck well as you carry.” the nurse gave her a smile behind her mask. Wendy gave them a bow and thanked them before taking the newborn.

It felt weird to carry Arin since it's her very first time to experience this. But her heart beats fast in happiness and excitement. “Look at you~ Even when you just came out of Eomma, you look just like her.” she chuckled when the grandmothers of the baby walked in and squealed at the sight. “Aigoo, my daughter is already a parent~” chortled Mrs. Son, wiping her tears of joy with a cloth from inside her bag. “Our children grew up too fast.” Mrs. Bae giggled as she hugged Mrs. Son, who started to cry her eyes out.

A little later, they brought the baby towards the recovery room to give to Irene, who just finished from crying. She smiled at the baby and took her from Wendy. “Arin-ah~ She's so pretty~” she started to cry again when Wendy kissed her head lovingly.

“You did a great job, Babe.” grinned Wendy. The members then entered the room and squealed at the sight. “Congratulations, you two~” Seulgi adorably smiled at the couple when Joy quickly went to Irene's side to see the baby. “She's so cute!” Joy couldn't help but squeal at the baby's cuteness. Irene glared at her. “Be quiet! The baby's sleeping!” she hissed.

The little baby in her arms smiled a little, her eyes still closed. “Oh~ Look at Arinnie~” Wendy chuckled at the little smile. “You know that Eomma is holding you~?” Irene giggled and kissed Arin's forehead lovingly.

That day was the most memorable day they've ever had. But it's the same day where Wendy worries the most.

She worries that maybe she wouldn't be a great parent to Arin, maybe she couldn't make her life complete because of who she is.

Maybe kids will bully her for having a different father. Her worries were endless.

After not wanting for those things to happen, she immediately took action by asking some parenting advice from her supportive parents and parent-in-laws. She would do the chores and even learn how to take care of the baby by her own.

Now back in their apartment, Irene gave her wife a lesson on how to feed milk to the baby before leaving work. “Remember that the milk shouldn't be too cold or too hot, hmm?” Irene kissed her wife in the cheek and gave her a bottle of warmed milk from the bottle warmer.

“Now there, you can take our little one and feed it like how I taught you yesterday. Love you, Babe.” Irene smiled adorably at Wendy, who smiled in return. “Take care and love you!” is what Wendy said before Irene finally exits the apartment.

Wendy took a deep breath. This is her first time to be left alone with the baby after Irene took a two month hiatus. “Uwaah~” she heard the baby crying in the bedroom. “Hmm, arasseo~ Mami will feed you now, sweetie~” she walked in and took the three-month-old from the crib.

Her day started off just fine, with changing the baby's diapers at ease and even feeding her in the right time and then played with her by reading her books and with RinRin right beside the baby to listen.

Until Arin suddenly cried in her sleep. Right after finishing washing the dishes, she jogged towards the bedroom to check what happened.

First of all, she was confused after having so much fun with Arin minutes ago. So she quickly searched in the Internet to see what could be the causes of this sudden incident.

She then found one of the possible reasons, which is infant gas.

Arin has been crying a lot the pass days so she thought that could be the problem, even though she isn't quite sure about it.

So before that, she has to wash her hands and prepare what she needs for the massage like a soft towel and baby oil. As she washes her hands with the things ready in bed, the baby's cries went louder.

Gently, she took the baby and placed her in their bed to massage her. She just learned how to massage a baby with a doll from Irene yesterday. Wendy also struggled a bit on removing the clothes after Arin moved around her little limbs a lot when she cries but handled it in no time, thanks to Irene's technique.

“Euaah~ Uwaaah~! Ah~!”

“Hmm~ I know, sweetie~ It hurts a lot~” Wendy kissed Arin's small head before starting the massage.

She puts some baby oil into her hands and started rubbing Arin's tummy in circles while softly humming a song to soothe the baby.

A little later, the cries softened and got replaced to soft whines from the baby. “Does your tummy still hurt?”

The baby answered by giving her a pout. Wendy lets out a soft chuckle and continued her massage while holding Arin's little hand with her finger. “Euhh~!” Arin squealed while staring up at Wendy with her innocent, black, doe-like eyes as Irene's. “You like the massage, Arinnie~?” she giggled.

The massage finished off by changing the baby's diaper and putting back her clothes on. Wendy has never felt any proud of this after curing the infant gas from her daughter for the very first time.

“What do you think Mami should get as a reward? Hmm...milk tea?” Wendy questioned the little one who's busy playing with RinRin. “Ah~!” the baby squealed again and grinned up at her.

“I guess that grin would be my reward instead.” Wendy took her baby and hugged her securely with a smile.

 

 

 

“Babe~ I bought presents for Arin's first birthday!” called Wendy as she struggles to carry the six presents she has for the baby.

Irene rushed to the entrance of the apartment and her eyes widened in shock to see her wife. “All of those?!”

Wendy puts the biggest present on the floor and nodded proudly. “Most of them are toys and some are clothes, bibs and then...a new baby chair!” she took the biggest present and grinned at her wife.

The bunny blinked multiple times in shocked silence. “Babe, that's a lot!”

Wendy frowned. “So? Babe, it's going to be Arin's first birthday tomorrow! I want her first birthday to be special!”

Irene eyed at her wife suspiciously and quirked her brow at her. “Only on her first birthday?”

Wendy smiled and nodded fervently. “Only on her first birthday.”

Let's see, Wendy bought five presents for Arin's second birthday and then bought another five presents for her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter