Little Arin and Her Stories with Wendy

Our Bundle of Joy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Uwaah~”

Wendy ran to the bedroom and stood in front of the newborn's crib. “Arinnie~” She carefully took the small baby from the crib and cradled it like it's the most precious thing in the world.

I mean, Arin IS precious anyway. 

“Babe, Arin is probably finding you!” Wendy called from the bedroom. Irene, who is busy cleaning bathroom, sighed tiredly. “I'm sorry, Babe, but I'm really busy here in the bathroom. Mind if you watch her instead?” replied Irene.

“Alright,” is what Wendy responded before looking down at the crying baby. First of all, she panicked after not knowing what to do for her daughter.

“Um, has she eaten already?” Wendy called her wife again.

“Yes, just a few minutes ago.” said Irene before scrubbing the toilet with a brush. “What should I do then?” Wendy looked around the bedroom and saw the pacifier on the night stand.

She then quickly took it from there and puts it gently in the baby's mouth. Arin went quiet for a second, which made Wendy relieved. Until she cried again, refusing to on the pacifier. Wendy's anxiety rose up again and quickly removes the pacifier from the baby. Again, she looked around the area, hoping to see another item that could probably help her to stop the crying. Then she decided to pay the baby's back, praying to the heavens that she would stop crying.

After 15 minutes of doing so, it didn't work. “What do you want to do, sweetie? Hmm?” asked Wendy as she started rocking her gently. Nothing worked.

“Do you need help there?” asked Irene from the bathroom. “N-No! It's alright, I'll handle this by my own.” Wendy replied before going back to the baby.

“Is your diaper wet?” whispered Wendy as she checked the baby's diaper. The diaper seemed to be clean and dry. She sighed once again and continued to pat the baby's back, trying hard to think on what other ways on soothing the baby. 

As a new parent, Wendy and Irene's life were drastically changed after the baby was born. They lack of sleep a lot, they couldn't focus on themselves much (especially that they are still working as artists), and even feel tired very easily. But, in the good side, the baby is healthy and their friends and family are helping them on how to handle this phase. 

The couple would love their baby no matter what. They want the baby to live happily and healthily and even chose to sacrifice themselves just for Arin.

“That still won't work for you, hmm?” Wendy kissed the baby's crown before letting out another tired sigh. She's already tried a lot of stuff, yet nothing worked at all.

She played with her favorite rattle, she played with her stuffed toy, RinRin, she even puts the baby in the stroller and pushed it around the living room and...none happened to stop. Yet Wendy refused to give up.

“What about Mami reads a story for you, hmm?” Wendy went inside the bedroom to get a book from the book shelf. She and Irene started buying books for their little one and reads it for her. Apparently, Arin liked it a lot. “Let's read ‘Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?’, okay?” Wendy gave the crying baby a kiss in the forehead. At first, Wendy struggled to open the book after holding the baby in one hand but still managed to do it.

Irene and Wendy knew well that the book is for ages 2-5 and that their baby is still a month old. But when they tried reading it to her for the first time, Arin liked it with a little smile on her face which melt her parents' hearts. “‘Brown Bear, Brown Bear, what do you see?’” Wendy started to read, which immediately calmed the baby.

“‘I see a red bird looking at me’~” Wendy smiled before giving kisses on Arin's neck. The baby responded by putting on that little smile again and cooed softly. 

Knowing that, Wendy reads the rest of the book with a huge smile on her lips, this time, with the impression of the animals mentioned in the book.

She whistled when it's the red bird, quacked when it's the yellow duck, croaked in the green frog and so on. “Eh~” cooed the baby with another small smile after Wendy's impression of a cat.

Irene entered the bedroom just in time to see this endearing moment. She finally finished on cleaning the bathroom and then see this, instantly removing all the exhaustion from her body. Wendy saw her wife and smiled up at her. “Hey~ I read a book for our baby!” Wendy bragged like a child. Irene just chuckled and approached her. “Is she enjoying it~?” Irene asked, kissing the baby in the cheek. 

“She totally is,”

 

 

 

In the bedroom, Irene started packing up her stuff for her pilates class today. She brought everything she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter