Preview

Lost Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The origin of life. 

To fight. To survive. 

What will be the end of it all? 


 

“Mama! Mama!” A little girl of five years old was tugging on her mom’s dress, asking to be picked up. 

“Now, now --- You have to learn to stand on your own.” The mother still picks up the girl, smiling brightly under the sun. 

The girl laughs and closes her eyes as she’s swung around in a circle. Her mother hugs her tightly. 

“Honey!” A man with broad shoulders waves from a distance. He was carrying a basket full of fish on his back. He was wearing a straw hat to protect his face from the scorching sun and trousers that were smudged with dirt. 

“Papa!” The little girl yelled. Her mother puts her down and she runs across the field to hug her dad. 

“How’s my little princess?” He bends over and pats his daughter on the head. 

“Ehehe. Welcome home!” The girl opens her arms and shows off her bright smile. 

BANG. 

A loud sound fired off from a distance. There was smoke rising from the center of their village. The ground was slightly trembling. People were screaming. 

The father picks up his daughter and takes his wife’s hands. They run away from the source of the noise. 

He leads them towards a small cave in the forest. 

“Listen, -

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter