Remember?

Castle In The Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjoo’s POV

 

Hi I’m Kim Minjoo and I am working at a famous hotel un Japan. Did I mention that I am Korean? No? Well yes I am Korean, why am I here in Japan working instead of just working in my home land because there are also famous hotels? Well I kind of have a small fight with my father and he kicked me out of our house. My relationship with my father is kind of rocky as of now and I don’t know if it will get fixed sooner.

 

Why did my father kick me out? Well I came out of the closet and he didn’t take it too well. Good thing that my mom is very supportive to me. Even if mom supports my dream as a chef I still need to earn some money for myself. I want to show my worth to my father. by achieving my dream on my own I will prove that my uality isn’t a hindrance on achieving that.

 

I want to show hi ideals are wrong, his outdated ideas that isn’t fitting for this generation. I can’t fully blame him for that ideals because of the influence of my grandparents and their religion, but that doesn’t mean that they’ll be trap of that upbringing for life. They need to move forward in this fast phased and open-minded time. I don’t mind if it may take some time as long as his perspective is moving forward rather than stagnating from the ideas of the past.

 

As I went to Japan I heard that there is a famous rising hotel here and I tried my luck. Not really my luck I have a great culinary bac ground because I attended a culinary school and I am really hired as a sue chef but I declined that offer I want to start fresh by starting from the bottom, but they don’t want that because they feel that I am wasting my background in culinary, and instead of offering me a dishwasher they just put in in the prep station which I really didn’t like but I have no choice but to accept that.

 

I am running late for work, I can be late and the work load for night shift isn’t that heavy I am just preparing for the morning shift monitoring some products that are being developed within. But I heard a conversation that there is no one will be filling up the shift for dishwasher in the morning I grabbed the opportunity even if I know that I will sacrifice a good sleep but I want to witness the action that has been happening during the morning shift.

 

“Hey Minjoo you can sleep first before the morning shift start.” One of my coworker said to me.

 

“Ok I’ll just find a spot.” I roam around to find a spot where I can take a nap for a few minutes or even an hour, and bingo I hound it I leaned on the wall and closed my eyes and fall sleep.

 

 “Hey Wake up it is already Eight in the morning I think you should continue your sleep at your house.” Someone is tapping my shoulder as they are walking me up. Her voice is very familiar though where did I hear it? oh I think it is my mom’s voice.

 

It is too early and I barely have a proper sleep and she is already walking me up? I hugged her. “Mom Just a few more minutes.”

 

“Hey wake up I am not your mom. You are still in the hotel you need to go home before our manager saw you.” As soon as I heard that I sudden realization hits me, that I am t Japan and I am still at my work and worst thing of all I am hugging a stranger. I pushed her a little bit due to embarrassment and she looked a little bit confused, she looks kind of familiar though. Where did I meet her?

 

“ I am sorry for that I am just bit clingy to my mother and it is the first time that someone wake me up ever since came here to work. that’s why I thought you are my mom.”

 

“it is okay oh and by the way nice to see you again. I am Chaewon.” Oh she’s the girl from last night. She’s pretty to be honest.

 

“I am Minjoo are you the one who I bumped last night?” She’s working her what a co incidence.

 

“Yes, you should go home already it is already eight in the morning your shift finished two hours ago.”

 

“They let me sleep for a bit because I will ha a straight shift.” She looked more confused now that I said I am working a straight shift, isn’t it normal to have a straight shift here?

 

“Ok we should start working, oh what station are you assigned?”

 

“Last night I am at the prep station but this morning I will be on dishwashing station.”

 

“Oh we are the same station when you are at night.” Oh I think she’s good she’s giving me this feeling that she is good at what she is doing.

 

“Oh I bet that you are good at what you do.”

 

“Nah not really I just study hard to go to the prep station I started as a dishwasher.” Oh she work her way up I am kind of jealous to her.

 

“Well that is an advantage you started from the bottom but you worked hard unlike me I just got lucky I am already at the prep station.”

 

“Hey that means you are talented from the start don’t down yourself.” Talented my I am just lucky girl with a great educational background.

 

“Nah luck is on my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter