Vacation pt1

Castle In The Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon’s POV

 

Before the sun rise and everyone is still at their home asleep I am already at the road barely awake sitting in the passenger sit. Where am I going if you ask? To Philippines that’s what Chaeyeon said to me. we are going to a famous beach there for six days. for what? She said vacation, I don’t know how did Chaeyeon convinced our boss to go on a week-long vacation especially me I am not even employed there for half a year.

 

“Chea how did you convince Ms. Kwon and Ms. Miyawaki to have a weeklong vacation especially when there is an event going to happen this week?” I asked her while she’s driving.

 

“That’s what you called privilege of being best friend with the CEO.” She then chuckled. But she is right she’s the best friend of the CEO so any request she wants it can be granted. “And besides they can handle that event with an ease. You should know by now that, that two people don’t really need us right? We are just there to lessen their work.”

 

“But why don’t I feel like that?”

 

“You see they can easily adjust to their environment so if they start to work with other people they can adjust in a snap.” God explanation.

 

“Ok if you say so.”

 

“Why are we even talking about this? We will have a great vacation so let’s forget about work and our boss.”

 

“Oh another questions about our vacation. Why did you choose Philippines?”

 

“That’ the only country left in Asia that I haven’t been. That’s why and I am planning to travel to US next. Do you want to be my travel buddy?”

 

“So we aren’t buddies we are travel buddies now huh?”

 

“I never consider you as one though. Maybe friends with benefits but not buddy.”

 

“Tss it’s just the same thing we are having .”

 

“You know why are you making this vacation into something more complicated talking about work at first then our status? Can we just enjoy we didn’t even get into the airport?”

 

“Sorry for that I can’t think properly this early.” Lie I am just thinking on putting this relationship to another level. She progresses on moving on from her best friend and I think I can enter her heart now right?

 

We arrive at the airport and we boarded. I think it takes more than 15 hours to get where should we go because of the stop over to the capital and then another flight to Boracay. We rented out a car so we can freely go anywhere we want and not to worry about the public transportation.

 

I’ve noticed that even if this is a tourist spot and well developed place there are still people that are less fortunate than the others. But you can still see in this face that they are still smiling even though they are in tough time.

 

“Chae why do you think that there are still people that are having a hard time even though they are in a well place like this. A lot of work, many hotels and resort?” I asked her as she still driving.

 

“There are a lot of factors that may affect that. First low rate of salary, actually we are lucky that we are employed at The Castle because they pay well, but for other hotels and restaurant you can’t even feed yourself on how little they pay you. The second and third are related so I’ll just combine it. being too dependent to this tourist spot and the tourist has its seasons.”

 

“what season?”

 

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter