Secret

Castle In The Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

 

Chaewon and Minjoo having a good bond together for the past week that they are working together. Minjoo also request to stay with the morning shift to learn more, which is very understandable because normally you have limited leaning when you are always in the night shift although you can learn also learn something during that shift but the most important learning is always in the morning shift with a lot of gests. Their manager agreed to it.

 

“Chae what will you do after our shift?” Minjoo asked while they are on their break.

 

“Nothing really why?”

 

“Oh ok I’m just asking.” It is weird question to ask without any intention but in reality Minjoo has something in her mind. She wants to ask Chaewon if she wants to hung out to a café that she really like to go to. But Minjoo is too shy to ask Chaewon to go with her because she might miss understood it for a date, well technically Minjoo want it to be a date.

 

“How about you do you have anything to do after work?”

 

“Same as you nothing.”

 

After their break they started to their job again Chaewon with preparing the ingredients and Minjoo doing the dishes and checking the stocks. The day went so fast because of the amount of guest that they have they didn’t notice the time that they spent. They already changed their clothes with Minjoo wearing a cute pink dress why is she wearing that? Well she thought that she has the guts to ask Chaewon for a date and she wear something cute but she chickened out so she didn’t have a choice but to wear it. While Chaewon is wearing her usual attire which is jeans, shirt and her hoodie.

 

“Why are wearing that dress? Are you going on a date?”

 

“No it’s just that my clothes are not dry and this is the only thing that I have what should I wear PJ’s?” Minjoo sounded bit defensive but Chaewon just let it go there is no point of having an argument over a dress.

 

“Ok if you say so.” As they were about to go out of their locker their manager called their attention.

 

“Ms. Kim and Ms. Kim.” Mr. Raphael just stopped and think that it sounds so wrong calling them separately by their surname. He just decides to call them by their first name. “I mean Ms. Chaewon and Ms. Minjoo please come to my office.”

 

“okay?” The two of them sounded so unsure on why did their manger suddenly want them to meet him to his office. The look at each other for a bit wondering why did they got called, after a few seconds they proceed to them manages office.

 

As they sat down on the chair in front of their manager thy look so tensed. “How is your stay in the morning shift Ms. Minjoo?”

 

“It is great I love being in the morning shift sir.”

 

“That’s great to hear but that is not my agenda why I called the two of you here.”

 

“What is it sir?” The older Kim ask.

 

“I’ve heard that the both of you are the top performers of the department, and I noticed the two of you have a great potential so I am giving two of you an opportunity.” The face of the two girls light up.

 

“What is it sir?” Minjoo asked.

 

“So I want the two of you to come up with a dish that is not Italian, Japanese nor Korean. It is a full course meal. That means you are developing, a soup, appetizer, salad main dish and dessert.” The two of them got confused because they are stepping way out of the comfort zone here.

 

“Sir may I ask why we will not develop some dishes from that countries especially French and Italian cuisine because that is what we are known for.” Chaewon has the courage to ask that question.

 

“We need to take some risk in developing some new products that we will offer. In the past three years nothing has been change in the menu and I think it is the right time to add something new to the menu something different. But we are not totally abandoning our roots because that’s we are known for I would just like to try something new to the table.” ok that is understandable.

 

“But sir may I ask you why are you giving us this opportunity? Don’t you think we are too young and we are practically new here?” Now it is Minjoo’s time to ask the question.

 

“Yes the two of you are the newest addition here and all of the staff in the kitchen are the pioneers here and all of them have contributed to the original menu so it is your time rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter