Fin.

That Crown is Mine!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Music blasts all across the flicking lights of the dance club, people are grinding on each other's body like it's the last night of their lives and some are just sitting by the counter drinking alcohol that intoxicates their system.

Then a girl in the corner of the club crouching down alone with her nasty vomits all over the place. Seems like no one notices her struggles as people are busy with their own businesses. She is having difficulty standing up not until hands are guiding her body towards the magic place called the 'restroom'.

Without hesitation, she perches her hands around the stranger's neck and nuzzles her head, sloppily. The stranger's scent is too familiar to her but nausea is blocking her mind to process who it belongs to.

"Hey, wakey wakey. The bowl's all yours" her face felt a light slap multiple times as she heard the girl's annoyed tone saying the words.

She looks up to face the person but then it's all blurry. The corner of her lips lift then a chuckle is heard after when a certain silver hair caught her blurred vision while looking at the stranger.

"It should be me, not him" she stutters, caressing the stranger's familiar face but eventually toxins in her body scatters all over the stranger's brand new red and black flannel.

"Aish! Great! Now I smell like a rotten meat! Just great, Ji" she hears the girl's slightly irritated but concerned tone before everything went black.

The scent of coffee and a newly cooked eggs and bread permeates the air as she stretches out her body, yawning. She quickly gets up and a pain in her head felt like crashing onto the wall but a voice she knew enters the room with a tray of food in her small hands.

"Yow, eat these first before we go to school" a genuine smile is looking at her perplexed face.

"I'm not in my home" she gulps so hard as she scans the familiar room which brings a lot of memories flashing through her eyes.

"Bora, that tickles" her laughs were barely heard everytime a tickle attacked her abdomen. Bora sensed her friend struggled to breath and uncling herself from her friend.

"Come on! The tree must have been done with baking our favorite..."

"MACAROONS!" they both yelled in excitement and giggled when a certain tall blonde haired girl storming into the room with a frown on her face.

"I burnt it" she pouted and then launched her huge body onto her bestfriends...

She shakes the memory away as it brings her pain the most. Bora holds her hand in comfort when she sees her friend who's in deep thought probably reminiscing the happy memories this room brings to her.

"You were wasted. I just couldn't leave my friend alone with strangers inside the club, so I brought you here, JiU" she explains, smiling.

She manages to nod lightly and narrows her eyes at her friend as she deeply sighs.

"You can call me Minji, Bora. You are my friend. Bestfriend" She cups her friend's face and smiles with her alluring eyes.

"I know changes made us apart but..." a finger landed on her lips, shushing her.

"But we did, Minji" she says, there's a streak of sadness in her voice.

"We really grew apart because of that one incident. But come on! Let bygones be bygones and we're late! I don't want the princess be looking wasted on a first day of her senior year!" she exclaims, grinning. She knows bringing up the past would only makes the girl uncomfortable.

Minji smacks her friend's shoulders and continues to eat the delicious food, her friend makes.

Bora just carefully watching her friend eating and hoping everything will be settled between them and her other friend.

~
A trio strutting through the hallways passing by their avid fans as they fall to the ground, drooling by the beauty of the trio holds capturing each students' hearts.

The tall silver haired girl blows kisses to the male student who comes her way for an autograph as a smirk plasters on her face when the person blushes like a mess. She knows deeply how to make everyone fall for her charms but her fragile heart belongs to a person waiting at the door of their classroom .

Her other two friends share a smug smile and hold each other's hands, leaving the couple to have their moment. As the blue and blonde haired girl take their leave, a boy speaks in his hoarse voice which makes the girl moves forward to his side.

"So, love. How's your morning?" she puts both her arms around his neck and landed a soft kiss on his lips.

"Seeing your face, love makes my day amazing" another soft kiss landed as a teasing smirk plastered on her face under her breath, hearing a familiar footsteps and a voice she tries to ignore all her high school life.

"It's early in the morning, and you two lovebirds just ruined my day" Minji rolls her eyes in disgust, seeing the silver haired girl clinging onto her boyfriend.

"Oh! Didn't see you there, JiU. Perhaps, are you jealous?" She leaned in forward, staring at her with that confident look on her face.

"Yoohyeon, get over it. I don't want someone who is a cheater. Poor you, he's just using you for fame" Minji scoffs, smirking evilly when she sees the silver haired girl snarls in annoyance which only tells she's pissed off.

Yoohyeon pushes her twice and when Minji's back is on the other side of the hallways she slams her right hand, intensely looking straight to her brown orbs, staring at those lips but Minji does not even flinch at her sudden move, instead she just laugh and playfully slaps her pretty face to even tease the girl. The two glare at each other ready for another fight of the year.

"Violence does not resolve things or even insults. Just stop it, you two! It's our last year and I'm hoping you stop fighting!" A small girl, Bora yells in frustration making the two looks at her, leaving them dumbfounded.

"Let's go, Charlie" Yoohyeon takes his hand on her own ignoring Minji. The latter dusts her clothes off and heads to their classroom.

~
The school cafeteria's filled with indistinctive noises by the students grouped themselves according to their own interests. Jocks, nerds, cheerleaders, singers, dancers and then there's one table that does not comply with the faction system of the school.

"The prom night's fast approaching and I'm sure they both are going to sign up for being the queen of the school" Bora says nonchalantly.

"And chaos will ensue, I just know it" she adds.

"Atleast they're not harming or bullying people. They're actually nice, Bora" a short haired girl says, stuffs with food, knowing what her friend is saying.

"Yubin, I know but they are hurting each other just to get ahead of EACH OTHER" Bora deeply sighs as she watches Minji talking with her group of popular friends and Yoohyeon who is busy flirting with boys and girls who are head over heels for her.

Yoohyeon's famous for her vocal ability along with Siyeon and Handong. These three combined could make your heart melt just by hearing their serene voices altogether.

"I will be going to write about the prom though, so it's gonna be interesting this year" Bora furrows her brows in shock as Yubin raise her palms indicating not to fight.

"It's my job as a student writer, okay? So, I think I will be seeing more of your friends" Yubin nervously laughs.

"Definitely this is gonna be an interesting year" Bora heaves a sigh before sipping her drink.

~
"Love, you're gonna win this. Imma be your king and you'll be my queen" Charlie confidently says as Yoohyeon signs up both their names for the prom's king and queen.

"I know, love" Yoohyeon kisses his cheeks.

"Siyeon, Handong are you contemplating to go against me?" Yoohyeon raises her brows when she saw her two friends eyeing the paper taped on the bulletin board.

"OF COURSE NOT, YOOHYEON!" They both respond in unison, staring at each other's eyes and shrugs it off.

"Good to know. I don't want to be friends with traitors" Yoohyeon threatens, faking a smile.

"Girls, just let us be! This is gonna be our year" Charlie added, lifting Yoohyeon's chin for a kiss but is interrupted by another person's voice that Yoohyeon hated the most in school, Minji.

"I hope not. I'm gonna go against you, Yoohyeon without a king because I'm capable of doing things on my own" Minji challenges in her shrill voice while writing her name on the paper below Yoohyeon's name.

Yoohyeon lets out a small laugh and rest her head against the wall, crossing her arms for a better view of her enemy.

"Or you just want to steal Charlie from me, M-Jiu" Yoohyeon almost said her real name which she was prohibited since their broken friendship during freshman year.

Minji brushes her shoulders against the girl and says:

"I hated your guts, Yoohyeon. You started it, I am going to end it with or without Charlie" she walks away from the unbearable moment without looking back, flipping her hair as smirk plasters on her face.

"Bring it on, !" she yells with gritted teeth and runs her hands through her hair, grunting in annoyance. Minji gives her a middle finger in the air in response.

"Love, I'm all yours okay? Relax" Charlie smiles in satisfaction as he softly caresses her back, in fact he likes it when girls fight over him. He's going to be a king of prom with either of the two and he still likes it.

~
"You know, Handong since Yoohyeon dated Charlie she changed, and I don't like it" Siyeon states, rolling her pen on her fingers.

"I agree, Si. She used to be a sweet girl but she was consumed by fame. I missed the old Yoohyeon" Handong sighs and rests her head on the girl's shoulder.

"And Minji is provoking her. All I know is they used to be best of friends along with Bora. But what changed, I wonder" Siyeon says, pondering.

"Charlie, I think" they both giggle.

~
A deep voice clearing his throat is heard all across the school's ground, announcing the final candidates for the prom's king and queen in two weeks.

"Alright ladies and gents, here's the final list of the bravest souls vying for the crown of prom queen. Fortunately, there's only one who signed up as prom king and that is Charlie Davis, so he'll be crown during prom night as king by default. But anyways, the fight for the prom queen's position is exciting as three amazing ladies decided to fight for the crown, namely:
Yoohyeon Kim, Minji Kim and Claire Topps. May the best girl wins!"

"Yoohyeon's definitely my queen"

"Minji is nice, she deserves to be the queen"

"I can't choose, they're both my favorite except Claire though I don't know that girl at all"

"es be fighting for stupid crowns"

"Minji and Yoohyeon fighting for prince charming, me thinks"

"We need a new face and Claire is the new face"

"Yoohyeon's been being a stubborn rich kid these days, I'm voting for Minji"

"Minji's always been nice except for Yoohyeon though"

Opinions circling around the school when the announcement is out. Some are excited, some are unbothered and there is Bora, tense.

"This is a cat fight" Bora whispers. Headaches engulfing her head as both of her hands are on her head, massaging it lightly. Then not long after, a tap on her shoulder is felt. Turning around she sees a blonde haired girl with a wolf like eyes staring at her stressful state, genuinely smiling.

"Great, what is it? One of Yoohyeon's minions" Bora rolls her eyes, saying those words sarcastically. She could not hide her annoyance towards Yoohyeon's friends since the huge stain of their friendship happened or it's just she misses both of them.

Siyeon, the blonde haired girl raises her hands to show her good intentions then says: "Relax, I'm not here to fight. I think we do have same problem" she smiles as Bora's face turns into disgust, not used to be talking with one of the popular girls. They are off limits as she thought and no one dared to talk to them especially a person like her: unpopular, and invisible.

Then another tap on her shoulder, this time it belongs to the another friend of Yoohyeon, Handong. Just like Siyeon, she raises her hands, no intention to fight the small girl when she sees her guard ready to pull her hair at any given moment.

"Oh! Bora, feisty I like it" the blue haired girl chuckles and winks at the girl which makes Bora even more confuse.

"You know what, what do you want? Is it another prank show you three pulled through? Where's the in camera?!" Bora quickly stands up and looks around to spot a sign of camera lens but to no avail.

The two popular girls giggle at Bora then Siyeon pats her back, shaking her head.

"Calm down, is that what you think of us? A trio of pranksters and no brain popular? We are nothing like the teenage popular movies you watch, Bora. We aren't like that" Siyeon retorts.

"And we admit we do pranks but they're harmless, Bora..." Handong's words are interrupted by a finger on her lips as she heard Bora snorts.

"But you humiliate innocent students. I don't get why Yubin thinks you're all nice where in fact you three humiliated her in front of the crowd in the cafeteria just because she talks in tiny fonts" Both Siyeon and Handong looks at each other and fake a smile towards Bora, shrugging their shoulders.

"I need fresh air. Not plastic!" Bora walks out brushing Siyeon's shoulders, the two popular girls just deeply sigh.

~
The sound of phones chiming in surrounding the school grounds. Students' murmurs are getting into Gahyeon's ears as she takes pictures of the first campaign for the prom's queen. If she did not apply for a photographer position in the Writing Club, she should not be here in the first place. And Yubin, the head student writer even pressures her to take photos every single day for scoop.

"Yoohyeon is so hot! Look at those pigtails! I'm so gonna vote for her" one student looking through her phone, if Gahyeon's not wrong she's an avid fan of Yoohyeon. She sighs deeply taking a picture of her.

"Minji's undoubtedly nice even with her captions but come on! The photo though, I'm ascending. AAAAAAAA" the female student yelled with so much admiration.

Click.

Click.

Click.

"Claire's just normal compared to the other two, eh" a male student shrugs then puts his phone on his pocket.

Another click.

"Hey, Gahyeon-ah! Wait!" A female voice screams out her name.

"Yubin, I took some pictures in this fine morning" Gahyeon sarcastically says, rolling her eyes at Yubin who ruffles her hair for doing a great job.

"Great! Have you seen their posts? It's really a close fight, well in the case of Minji and Yoohyeon. That Claire girl doesn't stand a chance" Yubin giggles and scrolls through her phone for Gahyeon to see.

"Hello lovelies, it's a great morning! Have fun in class 💋😉" Gahyeon reads out loud Minji's caption and gasps at the photo below the caption. A black haired girl, her hair smoothly runs over her shoulders with her black dress so enticing to see and her hands rests on her head wearing a slightly smiling face as she directly looks at the camera probably seducing the person who sees the photo.

"I'm a hot girl! 😏 🥵 " Gahyeon reads the caption of Yoohyeon's post as her eyes widen in shock how definitely hot the girl is. Wearing her checkered skirt and leather blazer with her pigtail hair as her cold expressions inviting you to her world.

"Hi! I'm Claire 🥰" Gahyeon chuckles as she remembered the guy's comment earlier. She definitely is just a normal girl, wearing a flower dress with a smile so weird that she can't even look at it for long.

"Claire just wanted to spice things up between the two, I think" Yubin comments, giggling. Gahyeon joins in after.

"So, how do we start?" Gahyeon asks as Yubin heaves a sigh.

"Well, I guess we have to wait for some drama" the short haired girl fixes her round glass and says with her shoulders slouching.

~
"Do I look hot in the photo girls?" Yoohyeon asks her friends, their heels screeching through the hallways.

"Yoohyeon, you always do" Siyeon and Handong respond in unison.

"I'll be there in a minute, Seungyeon" a joyful voice yet so familiar to Yoohyeon's ears is heard from the other side of the hallway. Her steps are heavy and panting.

As the trio is about to turn around, Yoohyeon bumps with someone, immediately apologizing without looking at the person she bumps with. She's on the floor and her head lifts up to look at the person she despise.

"Well well well, look who's here. A damsel in distress. Will you want me to help you, Jiu?" She smirks as she held her hand over to Minji only to be snap away.

"I don't want YOUR help. I can stand on my own" Minji stands up and moves her body away from the tall silver haired girl but the latter caught her wrist.

"Look, Yoohyeon. I don't wanna fight. I still have a show to attend to" Minji rolls her eyes, trying to loosen from the grip but Yoohyeon is strong.

"I will win, Minji" the black haired girl widens her eyes in shock when she heard her real name from the girl which was so special for her. A tingling pain is felt to her heart as she runs her hands through her hair.

"Don't call me by my name, Yoohyeon. You are not allowed to" Minji seriously says, glaring at her ex friend.

"You call me by my real name, but I can't. That's just..." she halts as the corner of her lip lifts up a little with a trace of sadness in her eyes.

"Absurd, Minji" she tilts her head as she states her next words.

"Well, I am known by the name JiU. Call me that. You are not my friend anymore, Kim Yoohyeon" she says, vehemently.

Yoohyeon loosen her grip and shakes her head, watching her ex friend walks away from her.

"That crown will be mine, Yoohyeon!" Minji yells, strutting her way towards the dance studio.

"Be careful, Jiu. Don't trip!" Yoohyeon yells back, rolling her eyes.

~
"Minji, where'd you go?" Bora asks as she sees her friend panting so hard.

"I just went to my locker for my shoes" Minji smiles at her friend and pinches her cheeks. She misses her friend so much. Maybe both her and Yoohyeon forgot the friendship with Bora as time passes by because of their fight.

"Minji, do you really want to be crown as prom queen?" Bora asks while putting on her shoes for the mini show of the dance club. Basically, Minji convinces her friend to join the club not because of fame but to showcase her amazing talent to the students before graduation. She cannot deny the fact how talented of a dancer Bora is. She used to show her dance moves in front of her and... Yoohyeon when they were teenagers but because of their fight she suddenly stops.

A heavy sigh comes out from Minji's mouth as she contemplates on what to say. She wanted to be but not like this kind of competition. Her fame did not consume her like Yoohyeon did, she remains to be a nice person but people like Yoohyeon looks at her as one of those mean girls in movies.

"I do, Bora" she fakes a smile. Yoohyeon makes her want to do it. To stop her.

To stop her dating Charlie because that guy is a walking disaster.

"That bastard!" she mentally curses.

"I know you, Minji. You wanted to get back to Charlie. Do you?" Bora says as her left hand wraps around her waist and pulls her into her.

"No, Bora. You did not know anything" she mentally says. Truthfully, she is oblivious of what happened between the two of them. All she knew was Charlie's the main reason of it all.

But Minji manages to nod and gives a weak smile to her friend. Well, she ain't ready to tell her yet.

"He's a , Minji. Why are you two fighting over him?" she chuckles lightly at how absurd her reasoning is.

As she was about to open to respond, Seungyeon calls for them as the show is about to start and they are the opening act.

"Girls, we're up! Let's go"

Minji puts on her shoes on her right foot and groans in pain as she felt something piercing through her sole. She loses her balance and thankfully, Bora is there to catch her in time.

"Hey, I did not know a dance princess like you will be out of balance and... nervous?" Bora is confuse, Minji's hands are sweaty. She never had been nervous in times like these. She is always confident. So, she turns and look at her friend, struggling to smile.

"I'm fine, Bora. Let's go" Minji straightens her back and pretends like there's nothing wrong with her.

" this hurts!" she mentally curses.

Claps from the audience boom the entire dance hall and screaming for Minji's name as she and Bora comes out from the backstage.

Minji scans the bleachers,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter