The Apology

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solar woke up to the smell of coffee. 

The painkillers had really taken her out. 

‘ Thank you for the horse tranquilisers, Dr Son. ’

She groggily checked the time on her phone with one eye still closed. It was 0930 and whilst not that late for many people’s standards, it was a much welcomed and long overdue lie-in compared to her normal hours. After stretching languidly and testing her injured ankle with a few movements, felt strong enough to use the crutches and go to the bathroom to do her morning routine. She pulled her hair up into a messy bun and after washing her face, kept it bare as she knew that Wheein had likely stayed over last night and wouldn’t care about her fresh face.

‘ Wheein… ‘

Unbeknownst to Wheein, Solar had not yet fallen into a deep sleep and at the sound of smashing glass and the younger girl’s whimpering, Solar had shot out of bed and hopped over to her bedroom door; wondering who or what was trying to harm her friend. 

But she had stopped short at the sight of Wheein clearly in the middle of a panic attack with Moonbyul pulling her through it. She was not close enough to be able to hear what was said between them but as she watched Wheein curl up against Byul, she had almost felt jealous at how the latter had broken through Wheein’s barriers almost effortlessly within weeks when it took others years. 

It also broke her heart to know that Wheein was still having these attacks and guilt had been eating her since then, as she wondered how much of her career had made her neglect her closest friend. She had hopped back to bed and as she quickly slipped back into slumber, had wondered why she felt happy yet a little jealous that Wheein had another person she could depend on now. 

     Solar hobbled out into the living room in her crutches, calling for Wheein… only to find the giggling girl standing by the kitchen island, being handed a takeout coffee by a grinning Moonbyul. 

‘Why is she here? Oh god. My face! And my hair!’ Solar glanced down at Ryan the Bear printed all over her clothing. ‘And why do I only own childish pyjamas?’

“Oh, Yongsun-unnie!” Wheein hurriedly set down her cardboard cup and hurried over to her as the bodyguard quietly slipped away into the kitchen area. “Why didn’t you text me?”

Wheein helped her to the sofa, although Solar was managing quite well with the crutches, and once seated, Solar whispered to her, “Why is Moonbyul-ssi here so early?”

Her manager looked confused, “I thought I mentioned last night that we would both be staying over? Well, anyway, I took the guest room like always because Byulyi-unnie insisted that she was fine with the sofa even with her back.”

Solar blinked. “Why?”

“Obviously I stayed because I was worried about you and Byulyi-unnie stayed to…” Solar was mildly taken by surprise when a small blush appeared on Wheein’s cheeks, “...take care of us both, I guess.”

When Solar nodded dumbly, a little stunned, Wheein excitedly jumped up from the sofa to grab one of the takeout coffees from the kitchen island and bring it over.

“Byulyi-unnie woke up early but couldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter