Irene

Aphrodite? Narcissus? Irene.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: 
So! Finally we have come to end of the road (?) for SeulRene’s misadventures. I’m actually kinda nervous for this last chapter coz the two previous ones were actually pretty good (based on your comments of course), and I don’t know how I can top it all up. LOL. Pressure, pressure, pressure! XD I just hope that this will do good justice as a finale. *fingers crossed* 
Please note that I tried to have a few things here similar to RV’s canon universe and it will contain a lot of Yeri’s POV, cause she’s my fave here since Chapter 2! LOL
So here’s the gang back again to hopefully make you laugh and feel fluffy inside! Enjoy! 😊

+++

3:27

Yeri groaned, shutting her eyes hard after looking at the time on her bright phone screen. She threw her phone that she lazily grabbed from her bedside table to the foot of her bed in annoyance that her sleep was disturbed. By what you ask? Shuffling noises of some sheets or something similar, alternate closing and opening of drawers and closets, tossing sounds like something is thrown on top of a bed, some light footsteps that are seemingly walking back and forth and some silent humming and huffing. She tried to close her eyes harder as her lips were pursed in contained annoyance, trying so hard to drown the noises just so she can go back to her precious sleep. She concentrated on the sound of the tick-tock coming from the wall clock inside the room, but the distinctive noises were winning. She grunted as she lifted herself up from the bed, sitting, then turned her head to the noise with anger in her eyes. “Oh my god unnie what are you doing?!” 

Joohyun’s closet, drawers and cabinets were all open and was almost emptied out. Her whole wardrobe was laying on top of her bed and on top of each other in a messy display, even her undergarments was scattered around. Pairs of shoes, sandals, stilettos, boots and other footwears were all by the foot of the bed in a messy array together with some hand and body bags. Joohyun was there standing in front of her full-body mirror, holding two long-sleeves polo on hangers in each hands, one was white and the other was tiger-colored print, alternating the position of the two in front of her upper body, checking it, craning her neck downwards on her torso then to the mirror to check, humming soft grunts of yes or no. “What do you think Yeri?” She asked, seemingly for suggestion of the younger girl regarding her predicament on choosing.

Yeri opened and closed in disbelief as she watched Joohyun looked down at the bed of outfits as if looking for something else. “What do YOU think YOU’RE doing unnie?!”

“What do you think? I’m preparing what to wear later. It’s Monday in case you forget.” Joohyun replied nonchalantly as she threw the two sleeves on the bed. She walked in front of her closet again, rummaging it.

Yeri scoffed loud. “And in case you forget, it’s still three in the morning unnie!” She shouted in frustration, almost pulling her own hair in despair.

Joohyun shrugged, leaning backwards as she lifted up a dress in front of her. “Only five hours until go time.”

Yeri squinted her eyes in both confusion and annoyance. “Go time for what?!”

Joohyun lips smirked, nodding her head on the side in smug. “Make Seulgi fall for me time.”

Yeri smacked her own head in disbelief. “What happened to my advice? The Narcissus thing remember? Her fresh from the breakup thing?”

Joohyun nodded casually in acknowledgement as she continued her thing as if nothing’s abnormal with her cleaning out her closet to prepare an outfit at dawn for a normal working day that’s due for another five hours. “Yes, I’ve thought about it. Thanks for that really, Yeri. I realized that if I’m gonna summon my inner Narcissus, I have to really love myself.” She explained as she wore one of her stilettos.

“Yeah that’s exactly my point. So why exactly are you doing all these?” Yeri was caressing her head that was a bit aching due to the sudden waking and her eccentric unnie.

“Me, loving myself?” Joohyun stood up then got some lipstick from her makeup box and went to sit down in front of her vanity table, applying the lipstick on her lips.

“What????”

 “If I love myself,” The sound of popping of lips. “I should go pursue the person that will make me truly happy. That my dear, is summoning my inner Narcissus.” A hum of nodding.

Yeri let herself fall back down on her bed as she grabbed a pillow and pressed it down on her face in frustration, kicking her both feet in irritation as she shouted a muffled, “I can’t with you anymore unnie argghhh!”

7:23

Seulgi groaned after checking the time on her phone. Seven minutes before alarm and she woke up before it. Unusual. She was usually a heavy sleeper and will only awake on the sound of her alarm, but the past weekend had kept her in and out of sleep. She then felt her phone vibrate. A message from both Seungwan and Sooyoung from their group chat named ‘Vocal Line’ after their similar adoration for singing and talent for it.

Seungwan
Are you ready for this?

Sooyoung
Stop being a useless lesbian Seul and do your best today! Fighting!

Seulgi groaned again as she let her phone fall on her chest, then rolled over to bury her face on the pillow, nervously thinking on how to get through the day ahead of her. 

She had spent the weekend thinking about Seungwan’s advice about self-love and Narcissus. If she was being honest, what happened last Friday made something bloomed inside her that she thinks were already there but was just deeply buried. But as much as she wanted to be hopeful, it scared her. How’d she knew if it was the real deal? If she’s really feeling feelings, or if she’s just mirroring the intensity of Joohyun’s confession? She was scared of the uncertain. She was scared that she might end up hurting her because of her uncertainty. Thinking about it, she guesses that feeling scared of that implies something right?

And she was scared for herself most of all. Of not being able to be happy again. To be stuck in that paradox of hurt and fear of starting again. Of not loving herself enough to let herself be. How can you give love if you don’t have it in you? You can’t. So she thought that the first step of self-love is giving yourself a chance and to give yourself that trust that you earned.

With that, she took a deep breath as she sat up. She gave herself an imaginary pat in the back and nodded. “Alright Kang Seulgi! Let’s do this narcissism!”

8:50

“Good morning Seulgi.” Joohyun greeted from behind Seulgi who was in the process of filling her mug of hot water. As soon as she arrived and caught a glance of Seulgi in the pantry, she immediately ran to her cubicle, grabbed her mug then followed there, leaving a dumbfounded, sulking and not to mention still sleepy Yeri shouting from down the lobby that she still hasn’t punched in her attendance, but it doesn’t matter, Joohyun didn’t hear it and she simply doesn’t care—there’s a more important matter at hand. She checked her out from head to toe. She was wearing a black shirt paired with matching dark blue coat and loose slacks that is accented with white line of seam, a pair of black high heels and her long straight hair falls perfectly up to her chest. She bit her lips. How can a corporate attire look so y?

Seulgi’s chest made a little jump upon the greeting. She turned around immediately to the voice and found Joohyun looking up at her while giving a breathtaking smile. She can’t help but smile too. Joohyun was wearing a matching light blue coat and loose slacks, paired with cream stilettos, hair fixed in a semi-messy bun. It seems like there is no polo under the buttoned-up coat, hint of her cleavage peeks from down the neckline just slightly above her chest. She gulped. “G-good morning Joohyun.” She cursed herself for stuttering. 

“You a fan of coffee?” Joohyun asked as she looked at Seulgi’s mug that was now filled up with three-fourths hot water. She watched her fill up the rest with cold water. At that she concluded that Seulgi doesn’t like her drink too hot. Shame Seulgi, I am someone who’s too hot. But fret not, I’ll be cool to balance that out, no worries my dear. She smiled at her internal conversation.

“Yes, I like coffee.” Seulgi nodded, her hand still on the mug but her eyes were directed at the seemingly inviting black orbs of Joohyun’s eyes. Hot. So hot. Like how she’s physically feeling right now but she was magnetized and lost.

“Hm.” Joohyun nodded, slightly looking down as she pursed her lips, getting ready to ask her next question. She looked up again and Seulgi was still looking at her. She blushed. “How about we go out later after office to have some coffee?”

Seulgi pursed her lips to contain her smile but to no avail. She had to smile. She had to after that invitation. “Y-yeah, sure. Coffee. Later. Sure.” Seulgi mumbled, still staring into Joohyun’s eyes.

“O-okay. Later.” Joohyun replied. Looking down as she fiddled her one foot on the floor, swinging in place in circles, her fingers tapping the empty mug that was embraced by her two hands, looking up to Seulgi’s eyes every now and then, then reverting her gaze again shyly.

“What are they doing?” Seungwan deadpanned as soon as she entered the pantry, a hand holding a mug with the intention to fill it with her much needed morning energizer, but she realized now that she won’t. She heard Sooyoung close behind her facepalmed loudly. Yeri did the same shortly.

A long queue for the water dispenser has gathered, an irritated queue to be exact, because Seulgi and Joohyun isn’t moving from there and was stupidly looking at each other as if there’re no other people except them. Worse, the water from Seulgi’s mug was already spilling because she didn’t stop pressing into the dispenser and was seemingly lost in her own thoughts of Joohyun and coffee and later. Seungwan and Sooyoung had to drag Seulgi away out of that place to the nurse’s room to have her hand checked if it was burned while Yeri dragged her lovestruck unnie away back to her cubicle, leaving an angry janitress cursing that she just cleaned the pantry and how dare they to make a mess there. This is gonna be a long day, the trio thought.

11:50

Seungwan
Don’t forget to invite Joohyun and Yeri for lunch later

Sooyoung
Babe, you sure? They might cause a mess again, smh

Seulgi
YAH! I didn’t mean that! >.<

Seungwan
Better on our watch than on their own, who knows they might burn this whole building down coz they’re so lovestruck 

Seulgi
Stop it! 

Sooyoung
Just invite them dumb bear. Seungwannie prepared something special. See you in ten.

Seulgi took a deep sigh as she placed her phone down after chatting with her friends. She breathed deeply again before standing up of her cubicle, her head poking out of it. She was surprised to see Joohyun looking at her, also standing up. “Uh, hey Joohyun.”

“Hey Seulgi.” Joohyun replied with a huge smile. A pregnant silence of hesitation filled the air.

“I was wondering if you’d like to join us for lunch—”

“I was wondering if you’d like to join us for lunch—”

They both stopped in amusement when their words collided in chorus. They both laughed. You can hear a faint ‘oh my god’ from Yeri just behind Joohyun. 

Joohyun and Seulgi was blushing. The former chuckling as she looks down and the latter was nodding. 

“Guess that’s a yes then.” Seulgi said, scratching her nape animatedly.

“Yeah.” Joohyun said as she reached down to the sitting Yeri behind her, never leaving Seulgi’s gazes, linking her arms with hers, lifting her up from her seat. “We’ll join you.”

“Okay.” Seulgi got her lunchbox quickly then led them to the pantry, Joohyun was closely following her, with Yeri being dragged forcefully by her side.

At the pantry, Seungwan and Sooyoung was already seated. Sooyoung was waving at them from a far end table. She was sitting opposite of Seungwan. Seulgi sat beside Sooyoung, Joohyun sat across her, beside Seungwan while Yeri sat beside Joohyun. They all had their lunchboxes on the table, with an extra box in front of Seungwan.

“Finally, the great Bae Joohyun.” Seungwan smirked, turning a bit to Joohyun beside her. “It’s nice to meet you finally.” She offered her hand to shake.

“Call me Irene.” Joohyun replied as she took the hand to shake.

“Oh my god.” Yeri facepalmed hearing that, watching Joohyun wear a smug smile on her as Seulgi looked down in embarrassment but nevertheless smiling.

“That’s…?” Seungwan asked in confusion and in pinpointing why that name was familiar.

Sooyoung clapped in realization. “Oh! That’s what you referred her as, right Seulgi? With the Aphrodite thingy and you called her Irene or something, right? The goddess stuff?” She asked, slapping Seulgi’s arm while doing so.

“Yes. Irene, the Goddess of Peace.” Joohyun answered for the flustered girl. She flipped her hair as she explained. “Figured I start using that instead. Like other people can call my name but like my name was still given by Seulgi so in a way I’m still Seulgi’s even if others call me.” She smirked as if that’s the most amazing idea she thought of then reached Seulgi’s hand in front of her who was currently dying in flustered embarrassment, then squeezed it. “But you can still call me Joohyun, Seulgi.”

“Oh my god unnie.” Yeri’s voice again. She doesn’t even know how many times she called the gods to help her smitten unnie but the gods seemed to drop the hopeless case. Seungwan and Sooyoung was just looking at Joohyun, blinking with disbelief in their faces, mouth both open agape, thinking god, this girl is so head-over-heels for Seulgi and wasn’t even afraid to show it. They had nothing to worry then, they both thought.

Joohyun didn’t seem to care about the reactions around her and continued. “And this is Yeri, my daughter.” She placed a hand on Yeri’s shoulder at that. 

Yeri lifted a hand of hi. “Hi, my name’s Yeri. And I’m not her daughter.” 

The trio’s laugh coincided with Joohyun’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter