the stars align for us to be - jeongmi

the stars align for us to be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina will always be there for Jeongyeon.

 

-

 

Jeongyeon and Mina have always been the perfect couple. Some might say that there is no perfect couple, because they’d get into fights about challenges they’d encounter. There will always be threats when there are couples, and of course, that is inevitable. You’d fight, then make up, apologize and then move on- it is an unending cycle of hell for most couples.

 

But in their university, try asking around who’s the perfect couple? And they’d always say Jeongyeon and Mina. Honestly, the couple didn’t know how the word spread around that they were the perfect couple, because they weren’t flashy on social media, they weren’t posting and tweeting about it all the time- they don’t even use social media that much.

 

Maybe it was because Jeongyeon was known as one of the varsity players in their university. She was in the volleyball team and she was their setter, and Mina has never missed a match, no matter how busy she was. Mina on the other hand, well, she was supposed to audition for the cheerleading squad because ever since she was young she had interest in ballet and gymnastics, but Mina was quite shy, and she didn’t think she’d handle people watching her perform.

 

How did the two of them make it work? It was simple, really, all they had to do was understand each other and have the longest patience with one another. Knowing that they have different schedules because of their different courses.

 

Also, another secret was compromise, so the couple did. They agreed on having Tuesdays as their lunch dates, and they never missed a Tuesday. The couple would drop everything they have to do so that they could spend time with each other during lunch.

 

Today was Tuesday, and Mina is on her way towards their spot. She brought lunch for her girlfriend as well, she cooked corned beef with potato chunks and kimchi fried rice. She was kind of nervous because usually Jeongyeon cooks for them.

 

“Hey, love,” Mina greets her when she arrives at their spot.

 

Jeongyeon hugs her real tight, inhaling her scent. “God. I miss you.”

 

“I miss you, too, every second,” Mina smiles. “I cooked lunch for you.”

 

“Oh my God, Mary Jane!” she excitedly takes out the lunch boxes.

 

“Easy there, spidey,” Mina chuckles as she sits down. “I hope you like it.”

 

“Babe, I love it!”

 

“You haven’t even tasted it!” she laughs.

 

“I don’t care,” Jeongyeon takes out the utensils. “I know for sure that I’ll love it.”

 

Mina smiles at the woman in front of her. They eat in silence for a little while, until Jeongyeon decides to take out her phone to play something.

 

Isn’t she lovely?

 

Isn’t she wonderful?

 

Mina sings along, as Jeongyeon stares at her, completely in awe.

 

“How can a person like you be real?” Jeongyeon suddenly asks. “Like, damn, you can sing, you’re so pretty. Your eyes are mesmerizing, do you know that?”

 

Mina blushes. “Where did that come from?”

 

“From staring at you.”

 

Mina is speechless, so she simply cuddles with the other girl, hoping that she’d get the message. Jeongyeon smiles and reciprocates. “I love you.”

 

“I love you most.”


 

-


 

Some people forget that couples fight too. It’s not always rainbows and butterflies, they also undergo storms that would challenge them. Other couples however fight almost every day where it gets to the point that people question their relationship; are they in love or they just want to pick a fight?

 

Mina and Jeongyeon never fought about anything big. It was always both of them understanding each other, doing their best not to get mad over the little things, and they would always compromise in the end. It was always like that.

 

However, Mina remembers this somehow huge fight they had. It was somehow shallow, but for the Japanese girl, it wasn’t. People do have different levels of sensitivity.

 

Mina and the rest of her class went outside of their school campus to go to the museum for their biology class and they won’t be back until 4PM. She knows that Jeongyeon’s class ends earlier than hers- it doesn’t end until 3PM, and the two of them usually wait for each other so Jeongyeon decided to wait for her.

 

There was a problem, though, because Jeongyeon’s phone was on do not disturb mode, so she didn’t receive anything from her. Mina’s class had ended earlier than expected so she was already on her way back on campus, she sent a quick text to her girlfriend informing her of her estimated arrival time. As they were approaching the university, Jeongyeon and her friends decided to stay in the library for a while playing mobile games. A reason why she didn’t disable her do not disturb feature on her phone.

 

As Jeongyeon and her friends- Seulgi and Lisa, were on their second game, Mina and her class had already arrived on campus and were getting off the bus. The Japanese girl opens up her phone to see that her girlfriend hasn’t responded yet, she doesn’t pay much attention to it because her professor might have dismissed them late since it was only 3:01PM, so Mina waits for her by their building’s lobby and sits down on one of the benches, mindlessly scrolling on her instagram feed.

 

Twenty-five minutes had passed, and there was still no sign of Jeongyeon. Had she gone home already? Probably not, because they would always wait and see each other even for a short time first before going home, and Jeongyeon would’ve said something if she had to go home already.

 

Mina checked her phone once more, and there was no text from her still. She gets up from the bench and sees one of Jeongyeon’s classmates, Moonbyul, and approaches her.

 

“Hey Byul, what time did you get dismissed?”

 

Moonbyul greets her as well. “Oh hey, we got dismissed early, around 2:45 I think? Why did you ask?”

 

“Really? I was waiting for Jeongyeon by the lobby and I still haven’t seen her. Do you know where she is?” Mina asks again, getting a bit frustrated that her girlfriend was nowhere to be seen and she had been waiting for nothing.

 

“I saw them in the library earlier when I picked up a book for my assignment,” Moonbyl answers. “I could go with you if you’d like.”

 

Mina nods and walks with her toward the library. “I’ve been texting her and she hasn’t responded to any of them.”

 

“They’re playing, I was messing with them earlier by calling them,” Moonbyul laughs and Mina was somehow upset. “Did she not text you beforehand?”

 

Mina shakes her head no, and they arrive at the library. She didn’t want to go inside so she asks the other girl to call Jeongyeon for her.

 

“Yo Jeong,” Moonbyul whisper yells. “Man, your girlfriend has been waiting for you. Why aren’t you answering her texts?”

 

Jeongyeon, though engrossed in the game, hears her friend clearly and exits the app immediately. “, , . Gotta go girls.”

 

“Someone’s in trouble,” Seulgi teases and the two girls chuckle.

 

“Praying for you, man.”

 

“She looks upset but she doesn’t want to show it.”

 

Jeongyeon hurriedly exits the library and her girlfriend was by the door. She gives her an apologetic look once she sees that Mina was hiding her face with her hair. It was something Mina did when she was upset, she didn’t want her girlfriend to see so she hides her face.

 

“I’m so sorry for making you wait,” Jeongyeon says sincerely, grabbing Mina’s hand and caressing it. “I had my phone on do not disturb mode since morning, I’m so sorry, love.”

 

Mina sighs. “I waited for you for a long time. Why didn’t you at least text me?”

 

“I forgot and I thought you were supposed to arrive at a later time,” Jeongyeon explains. “Still, I’m really sorry for not texting you that I was going to be in the library.”

 

“I was really worried you know,” she sighs.

 

“I’m sorry,” Jeongyeon pouts, still holding her hand. “Do you want to get ice cream?”

 

“Your treat?” Mina was still upset, but it was rare for them to hang out after school hours because of their schedules, Jeongyeon simply nods and smiles. “You’re lucky you’re cute.”

 

Jeongyeon laughs and they start walking together. “Was that our first fight?”

 

“I think so. Have we fought over something before?” her girlfriend shakes her head in response. “Wow, we’re so perfect together that we don’t even fight.”

 

“I mean, what’s there to fight about when we don’t see each other that much? When we do, it’s usually around twenty minutes tops, and of course, on our Tuesdates,” Jeongyeon says, smiling at the people she knew who passed by. “I’d rather hug you and listen to you talk about your day than fight with you for twenty minutes.”

 

Mina then responds. “So, will we fight more if we see each other more?”

 

“I won’t let that happen, and I’m sure you won’t too because we’re mature enough to talk it over,” Jeongyeon explains. “I’d still spend all that time wisely.”

 

Mina smiles, satisfied and content with the woman she was with right now. Honestly, when she met her she never knew that loving was this easy. They had arrived at the convenience store near the university and they bought their ice cream which Jeongyeon gladly paid for- it was a peace offering so to speak.

 

What Mina didn’t expect was that the person she admired from afar would feel the same way eventually. As they ate their ice cream, they told each other about their day and of course, asked each other how they were doing. The two of them sat by the window and Jeongyeon laid her head on her girlfriend’s shoulder.

 

“Can I say this?” Jeongyeon asks, still remaining in her position. “You’re the warmest person I’ve ever been with.”

 

Mina blushes and keeps quiet, allowing her girlfriend to continue.

 

“When I’m with you, there’s this comfort that washes over me. Like a blanket or something. I don’t know, I just love being with you,” she continues. “I want to be with you for the rest of my life.”

 

Mina smiles because that idea wasn’t too farfetched. “I wouldn’t have it in any other way, love.”


 

-


 

It was the last day of reviewing for their finals and Mina could finally breathe properly. She had studied so hard for this week to the point where she didn’t get enough sleep. But Jeongyeon being Jeongyeon, she didn’t allow it. She went to her girlfriend’s house every night after she studied and brought food.

 

“So, have you eaten yet?” Jeongyeon asks, entering Mina’s condo unit. “I made dinner or you could have this as your midnight snack in case you’ve already eaten.”

 

“I haven’t yet,” Mina replies, her hair tied up in a messy bun, her glasses almost dangling from her nose. “I want to take a break for a while. Let’s eat?”

 

The taller girl smiles. “Of course. I made a lot and it’s still warm.”

 

“What did you make?”

 

“I made chicken alfredo pasta with some garlic bread,” Jeongyeon says smugly and Mina hugs her. “Some comfort food for you. I know you’re stressed.”

 

“And I know you are too. I told you that you didn’t have to do this,” she snuggles up to her girlfriend. “God, you’re so stubborn sometimes.”

 

“But you love me anyway,” Jeongyeon says and kisses her forehead.

 

“Unfortunately, I do,” Mina sits down as her girlfriend plates their food properly.

 

These moments are the moments Mina loves the most. It’s so simple yet it makes her heart flutter so much. She doesn’t like expensive dates or any fancy gifts, she’d rather have this with Jeongyeon instead. She’d rather stay indoors with Jeongyeon than dress up all fancy for expensive food that won’t even satisfy the both of them. She’d rather eat what Jeongyeon has to cook for the both of them because her cooking gives her a sense of warmth and home.

 

Jeongyeon has always exerted effort in their relationship and Mina did too. “Compromise” as the two of them would always say.

 

“What are you thinking of?” she suddenly asks when she sees Mina staring at the distance.

 

“You,” Mina says, cheesy but it was true.

 

“I’m flattered, love, but the food will get cold and you still have to study. Let’s eat,” Jeongyeon says as she sits down in front of her girlfriend.

 

Mina took a bite and her reaction was priceless. “Oh God, this is so good!”

 

“I’m glad you like it,” Jeongyeon smiles so wide and she could feel her heart burst out of her chest any moment now.

 

When Jeongyeon was young, she always had interest in cooking because of her dad who owns a restaurant. She wanted to cook all kinds of cuisines and let the people she loves taste it. She wanted to make them happy by making their stomachs full.

 

That’s why cooking for her girlfriend was one of the many things she enjoys doing. It wasn’t to impress her but it was to make her happy because when she entered this relationship, she promised that she would always make her happy. If not, she would be by her side, rain or shine.

 

And now, she’s here, still upholding that promise she made. She wasn’t one to break promises because she knew how that felt, so she’s giving almost everything in this relationship and she wasn’t scared because she knew that Mina would do the same.

 

“I love you,” Jeongyeon says as she finishes her dinner. “I’m so glad I’m here with you.”

 

Mina smiles and intertwines their fingers. “I love you most.”

 

“Do you want to spend time with me after our finals?”

 

“No,” Mina jokes and her girlfriend pouts. “Of course I want to.”

 

“Then I’ll come over again a week from now,” Jeongyeon squeezes her hand, and gets up, placing the dishes in the sink and proceeds to wash them.

 

“Let me wash those,” Mina gets up and tries to stop her girlfriend.

 

“No, you go back to your room and study,” she replies, unfazed. Mina shakes her head and wraps her arms around the girl’s waist. “You’re so stubborn.”

 

“You’re stubborn. You already cooked for me and now you’re washing my dishes,” Mina mumbles as she buries her head in Jeongyeon’s shoulder. “You’re stressed too.”

 

“And this is my way of de-stressing, love,” she hums. “Don’t worry, I’ll tell you when I’m tired.”

 

As Jeongyeon finishes, they both lay down on the couch and rest for a bit. Mina rests her head on her chest and they cuddle each other. They talk for a bit and the Japanese girl starts to get sleepy, so Jeongyeon carries her bridal style into her room and tucks her in.

 

“I’ll head home now,” Jeongyeon whispers and places a kiss on her lips. “Thank you for today. I love you.”

 

Mina’s eyes were already closed so Jeongyeon doesn’t wait for a response and gets up only to be stopped by her. “Stay?”

 

Jeongyeon hesitates a bit because she doesn’t have her uniform with her, then she remembers that it was exam day and their university allows them to wear casual clothes during the week to allow them to be more comfortable and to focus.

 

“Okay,” is all Jeongyeon says before she gets into the bed and Mina scoots over. Almost immediately, she wraps her arms around Mina and dozes off. “Good night, love.”

 

“I love you most, love.”

 

The next day, they go to school together after Jeongyeon prepares a hearty breakfast. She knows for sure that Mina will skip lunch so she could study so she makes something that’s heavy for the stomach.

 

“Good luck today and for the rest of the week,” Mina says and hugs her tight before parting ways. “I’ll see you soon.”

 

“Good luck too!” she says and reciprocates the hug, but tighter, “Yeah, I’ll see you.”

 

Their finals had passed and the couple decided that they’d spend a day together because they knew that after this two day break their university gave them, they will be bombarded with a lot of school work once again.

 

It had been a week or so since they last saw each other. Of course, they still had their Tuesdays as their date days. Though, with the tight schedule they had, it was hard to compromise but nonetheless, they understood each other and focused on their tests instead. After all, they did say that they would see each other after this.


 

jeong :] : hi

love

loveeeee

should i come over now?

 

mina <3 : i just woke up omg

yes pls :(

missing u

jeong :] : clingy much?

mina <3: u asked to come over

????

jeong :] : hehe otw <3


 

Mina shakes her head, smiling, as she realizes how dorky her girlfriend was. She still loved her to bits and pieces though. Since it was a few more minutes before Jeongyeon arrived, Mina decided to tidy up her place a bit.

 

She goes towards her own room and makes up the bed. Mina had taken a long nap when she got home because of the lack of sleep she had throughout the week. Grateful that her girlfriend didn’t immediately ask to come over right after their tests, she prepares a snack for the both of them.

 

There wasn’t a lot inside her fridge so she decided to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and luckily there was still some milk left for the both of them. Mina wants to go grocery shopping with her girlfriend, her fridge and kitchen cabinets were almost empty, but then again Jeongyeon probably has their food covered. Although doing something domestic with her girlfriend wouldn’t hurt, it only meant that they could do something outside and she’d like that for a change.

 

She leaves the sandwiches on the dinner table, covering it and she waits for Jeongyeon. She then lists down the things she needed for herself- milk, cereal, meat, eggs, and a lot more. Right on time, she hears Jeongyeon coming into her unit. “Honey, I’m home!”

 

Mina laughs. “You dummy, I’m in the kitchen.”

 

“What are you doing?” her girlfriend walks over to her and kisses the top of her head. “Oh, are we going grocery shopping?”

 

The Japanese girl nods. “Yeah, eat this first and then let’s go?”

 

Jeongyeon’s eyes lit up when she saw the sandwiches that Mina made. It was weird but her girlfriend’s PB&J sandwiches taste so much better than when she makes them herself. “You make the best PB&J sandwiches, love.”

 

“You cook better than me though.”

 

“Of course, I want only the best for you,” Jeongyeon says cheesily, making Mina blush. “No but seriously, how is the peanut butter and jam so well proportioned? I always put too much of the other.”

 

Mina smirks. “It’s a secret.”

 

Jeongyeon laughs and helps Mina out in finishing her list so that they’re good to go. They both head out after finishing their sandwiches and of course, after bickering with each other for a bit. If there’s one thing that Mina loves and hates at the same time about Jeongyeon, it’s her constant jokes that oddly brightens up her day.

 

People were scared to joke around her before because she was too intimidating, but Jeongyeon never hesitated to have a little bit of fun with her. It was her nature, it was something that’s obvious about her that she liked pulling pranks, bickering, and making jokes. She knew when to stop and when to become serious and Mina loves that about her.

 

“What are we buying?” her girlfriend asks as she chews on her sandwich.

 

“Everything,” Mina says. “I’m all out of food. For the past week, I relied on convenience store food.”

 

“Alright, no problem. Let’s go?”

 

The two of them are on their way towards the grocery store Mina usually goes to and it made her feel giddy that they were going shopping together. It’s been a while since they have done something that wasn’t cuddling in bed watching Netflix or their usual dates where they eat. Now that they were given more freedom because their finals were done, they could do basically anything.

 

“I always wanted to go and buy groceries with you,” Mina says as her girlfriend was focused on the road. She gives her a quick glance and smiles.

 

“Me too, honestly,” Jeongyeon replies. She doesn’t want to say it, but she looks forward to doing more domestic things with her girlfriend and of course, new and thrilling things like skydiving or hiking.

 

For now, she settles on the little things, these moments that are so rare that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter