My Arms Are Always Open For You

My Arms Are Always Open For You

Chan wouldn’t call himself jealous.

 

More envious.

 

Something had been bothering him more these days. It wasn’t anything bad , but still he couldn’t stop the thoughts filling his mind, chewing on his lower lip worriedly.

Minho had been cuddly with everyone, even Seungmin. But not him .

Chan ruffled his hair tiredly. Why did his mind decide to think of that now ? He was supposed to work on their next comeback, not feel sorry for himself.

I’m just being dumb anyway.

He looked at the clock, almost past three in the morning and decided to go back at the dorms. He saved his work before turning off his computer and putting in his bag. Standing up, he sighed as he stretched himself before throwing his bag over his shoulder, exiting his room and locking it.

With his headphones on and music bursting through it, he hoped to drown his thoughts. But no matter what, it rang in his head louder.

Just the fact that Minho might not feel as comfortable with him as he thought made his stomach twist in an anxious knot. He always tried to show them as much as affection he could, or being there if they needed comfort or an ear to listen to them.

So, what did he do wrong to Minho to make him think he couldn’t ?

Or maybe he just didn’t want to.

Chan sighed, he hadn’t noticed but he was just in front of the dorms, hand clasping the doorknob.

He took out the key and as carefully as possible, unlocked the door. He entered before locking it back, slowly taking off his shoes.

He hung up his jacket before going to the kitchen suddenly craving for a glass of vodka. He took the bottle from the fridge and a glass before sitting on one of the available chairs.

If he couldn’t drown his thoughts with music, alcohol could maybe do a better job.

He wasn’t someone who would usually drink his worries away, but today was different.

He should definitely talk to Minho.

 

 

 

Seungmin was the first to wake up, he had a vocal lesson in the morning. But what he didn’t expect was to find Chan sleeping in the kitchen, arms crossed on the table and head against them, an empty bottle and glass on the table.

He raised an eyebrow before slowly shaking him awake, “Hyung ? Wake up.”

Chan grunted weakly, burying his face in his arms as a headache started to grow. Seungmin puckered his lips before going to the bathroom to come back with a box of painkillers. He took a glass and filled it with water before putting it in front of Chan with a painkiller, “Eat that.”

Chan huffed as he rubbed his temples, grimacing at the pounding, “Thanks Minie,” he took the painkiller, shoving it in his mouth before swallowing it with water.

Seungmin stared at him pointedly, before sighing, “I’m leaving, go sleep in your bed hyung,” he walked to the door, wearing his shoes and taking his jacket before leaving, deciding to buy himself food in the way.

Chan sighed as he rubbed his eyes tiredly, back aching.

Changbin came next, jolting up when he saw Chan, hand on his chest, “Oh my god, you scared me,” he whined while Chan just groaned at him.

“How are you up so early ?” He asked as he took a packet of noodles with a dutch oven.

Chan didn’t really know how to explain without being scolded after. His brain didn’t process well in the morning, especially with the constant pounding in his skull and Changbin finally noticed the bottle of vodka, empty.

“Wait, you drank last night ?” Changbin said with a frown, remembering the bottle was full before. He took it before throwing it in the trash, then took the glass to put it in the sink.

Chan sighed heavily before rubbing his sore nape, humming, “Yeah.”

The others decided to come now while Chan took the chance to escape Changbin’s worried gaze to go to the bathroom.

“I’m hungry ! Cook me something,” Minho asked as he sat on the chair, making Changbin roll his eyes.

“You’re the one who cooks !”

Hyunjin just laid on the floor of the living-room, “I want ramen !” Felix soon joined him, hugging this latter tightly.

“I’ll feed you my love then !” Felix said cheerfully, almost choking Hyunjin who yelped and then made a face of disgust.

Jisung just stared at Changbin who had started pouring the ramen in the dutch oven, “You sure you want to let him cook ? He’s going to burn the whole place down—” he yelped when Changbin slapped his arm.

Minho groaned before standing back up, “I forgot how bad you are at cooking,” he pushed him away, Changbin huffing with a pout.

Jeongin was busy playing on his phone, Changbin deciding to annoy him. Jisung let himself be dropped on top of Hyunjin and Felix making them shriek.

“Yah ! Get off me,” He complained but Changbin hugged him tighter.

“Jisung, come cook the vegetables,” Minho asked him, Jisung sighing in defeat before joining him in cooking.

“What do we eat ?” Felix asked as he and Hyunjin were now looking at a video, splayed on the floor.

“Ramen, I’m too lazy to do something else.”

Hyunjin pouted, “I want a pizza,” he whined before Felix buried his face in the crook of his neck, deciding to sleep.

Chan came back, almost toppling over Hyunjin and Felix, grumbling tiredly, before looking at Jisung and Minho making food, “Need some help ?”

Jisung shook his head, “We got it !”

“I thought you were going to sleep ?” Changbin asked him, eyes squinted suspiciously. He hadn’t forgotten about their unfinished discussion.

Chan pouted, “I’m fine, I need to go back to the company after,” he took the empty spot next to Jeongin, peering at the game he was playing.

He just hoped Changbin would not bring the subject now, when everyone was there (except Seungmin).

“So, mind telling me why you drank the whole bottle yesterday ?”

Well, guess not.

“What ? You drank ?” Hyunjin asked first, startled.

“And the whole bottle ?” Felix added with a worried tone, “Something’s wrong hyung ?”

Chan could already feel his headache hitting his brain harder, sighing, “No, I just wanted to drink a bit.”

“And for you a bit is the whole bottle ?” Changbin retorted, Chan didn’t have in him to fight back, “When did you even come back ?”

What was the point of hiding this anyway ? They already knew he came back late, “Three.”

“And you decided to drink at three in the morning, in the dark and alone because you wanted to ?” Jisung asked again, to make sure Chan understood it didn’t make any sense at all.

Chan grimaced, chin leaning on his palm, “Yeah ?” He sounded unsure, hoping to close the discussion.

“Hyung,” Jeongin called him, “you don’t usually drink a lot,” he trailed, crossing his arms with his eyebrows furrowed, “except if there’s something in your mind.”

The oldest sighed heavily, he wasn’t going to get away from this.

“Kids, food is ready,” Minho cut the topic, “go eat in the living-room while I talk to dad, alright ?”

Chan rolled his eyes while the others begrudgingly did as they were told, taking the necessities to the living-room.

Minho silently sat next to him after taking off his apron.

And Chan might suddenly feel very aware of how Minho treated him now.

“So, how's the old man doing ?”

Chan puckered his lips at the name but was too tired to start bickering, “I’m fine, for real.”

Minho raised an eyebrow, not believing him at all, “You wouldn’t even tell me ?” Usually when he knew something was bothering Chan and confronted him about it, Chan would just unload all of his worries on the spot and Minho would listen quietly. It always made the older less stressed and more productive.

So, to hear that, was beyond worrying.

Chan tensed up when Minho patted his shoulder, before relaxing, the touch bringing a wave of warmness he missed more than he thought.

And unfortunately, this sudden sense of security made his tongue too loose, “You… do you feel comfortable with me ?”

Chan wanted to bury himself in his blanket, hoping to disappear.

Minho blinked, before tilting his head in confusion, “Yeah ? Why wouldn’t I feel comfortable with you ?”

Chan just smiled awkwardly, shaking his head quickly, “No, nothing— that was nothing, just— forget about it.”

Minho was comfortable with him. Did that mean he just didn’t want to cuddle with him then ?

Okay, it may hurt a bit more than he thought.

“Are you sure ?” He asked, tone soft and still looking concerned.

Chan smiled, “Yeah, don’t worry.”

 

 

 

Chan was avoiding him.

During the whole day, between practices, vocal lessons and recording time, Chan had always found an escape when Minho wanted to spend some time with the older.

Which was weird. Chan never avoided one of them, even after a fight. They would usually make up right after the fight and everyone would be happy.

But now, it just didn’t seem the case.

He didn’t even know why he was avoiding him. Did he say or do something that he shouldn’t have ?

He sighed before hoping to have time tonight to talk to the older.

And he wasn’t surprised when Jisung told him Chan was going to stay at the company at least until two or three in the morning. He groaned in annoyance, slumping on the couch and watching the TV without actually paying attention. And in a matter of seconds, he fell asleep.

 

 

 

He jolted up when he heard a sudden noise, turning on the light of the lamp next to the couch and locking eyes with Chan’s figure who seemed like he had almost stumbled on the floor, hand leaning on the wall. “Hyung ?”

He yawned as he stood up, Chan just blinked tiredly as he took off his shoes messily and let his bag fall on the floor.

Minho rushed to his side when he noticed he was struggling to stay on his two legs, almost falling over, “Hey, be careful,” he scolded softly before glancing at the clock and sighing.

It was almost six in the morning.

Chan grumbled tiredly, slumping selfishly against Minho, craving for the warmness he missed.

Minho sighed, wrapping an arm around his waist and dragging him to his room, their talk would be for later, Chan was clearly in a daze, “How did you even manage to come without passing out ?” He asked with a disapproving look but Chan only hummed too tired to process the question.

He opened the door quietly, Changbin was still sleeping but didn’t seem to notice them. Minho helped the older to lay on the bed, huffing softly as he almost fell on top of him. “Just sleep, alright ? We’ll wake you up later.”

Just when he was about to leave, Chan gripped his wrist.

“Cuddle with me,” He slurred weakly, his brain not having his usual filter on, eyes already closed and sleep ready to take him away.

Minho smiled teasingly, “What are you ? Eight ?” He regretted his joke when Chan’s smile fell into a pout but there was a hint of hurt as he buried his face against the pillow.

There was something with him today that made him look vulnerable, maybe because he was so tired he couldn’t hide his emotions well, and Minho didn’t like that at all, “I’m sorry, but I can’t, I have practice session with Jinie and Lix,” he smiled apologetically, “but tonight, if you come back home before one, we can cuddle.”

Chan didn’t seem to understand his words, already passed out and snoring softly.

Minho hesitated for a second before waking up Changbin, shaking him slowly, “Binie,” the younger groaned, “Chanie hyung needs a cuddle buddy.”

Changbin opened one eye, before yawning and shooting him a confused look. But he didn’t ask why, hopping down his bed to go on Chan’s. Laying next to him, Chan instinctively wrapped his arms around him, pressing his face against Changbin’s back, his body relaxing.

Minho snorted before deciding to take a picture for blackmail purposes.

 

 

 

Chan glanced up at Minho who was talking with Seungmin, or more like bickering. Practices had been tougher than usual, especially with how restless he felt these days. He ruffled his messy hair, hesitating at going to Minho. He sighed before standing up from the floor, walking towards the pair.

The two looked up at him and he smiled, trying to calm the sudden nervousness taking his body, before locking gaze with Minho, “Can I talk to you ?”

Seungmin glanced between them and Minho stood up, nodding his head. “Sure.”

Chan chewed on his lower lip as they left the practice room, looking if the corridor was empty and sighing a bit. He looked at Minho who was staring at him, waiting patiently.

“About this morning,” he trailed, rubbing his nape embarrassingly, “sorry for— uhm… for that,” he laughed awkwardly, “I was kind of… off.”

Minho raised an eyebrow, “You’re apologizing for asking cuddles ?”

Chan’s ears turned red, not daring to look at him, fingers rubbing the fabric of his sleeve, “Yeah ?” before giving an unsure smile and laughing weakly. “I mean I know you don’t really like cuddling, so just forget about that.”

Minho crossed his arms, “I don’t like cuddles,” he agreed, “but that doesn’t mean I’ll stop giving them forever, especially if you need some. I may look like I hate it but it’s actually the opposite,” he smiled, “but don’t tell the others or they’ll be annoying.”

Chan blinked, “But I thought you didn’t like cuddling with me.”

“What ? Since when did you believe that ?” He asked in confusion letting a snort.

Chan blushed in embarrassment, “It’s just, I noticed you never really came to me for that…”

Minho hummed in realization, “Ah,” he scratched his cheek, “it’s just you’re always busy for the group, I just didn’t want to bother you with this.”

“You’ll never bother me,” Chan replied in a heartbeat with a frown.

“That’s the problem with you,” Minho retorted with a snort, “you’re always trying to help us and you forget about yourself ,” he pointed out, “we’re there for you too, you idiot.”

Chan pouted, “But I’m fine.”

Minho rolled his eyes, “Sure, that’s why you decided to drink and avoid me, because you’re fine .”

Chan puckered his lips, knowing he hadn’t anything to say to counter-attack, “Right.”

Minho grinned, “Good ! Now stop avoiding me and tonight you’ll have your long awaited cuddle time with me !”

Chan snorted, eyes filled with adoration and looking grateful, “Thank you.”

Minho just smiled and without a second, he engulfed the older in a hug, a bit roughly making them both stumble before Chan laughed softly, burying his face on his shoulder, happily hugging him back. The warmth easily spread right into his heart, easing his stress like it never was there to begin with. His skin was tingling, his body was relaxing and his mind was empty of anxious thoughts.

He missed this.

“But you better come before one or you can say bye to my cuddles,” he threatened, Chan nodding his head.

“Promise.”

“Let’s go back before they got curious—” Minho had opened the door, the kids falling to the floor with yelps and shrieks. More precisely, Hyunjin and Jisung.

There was a sudden blank as they stared at the mess of limbs and bodies on the floor before Minho asked with a creepy tone, “What did I teach you about eavesdropping ?”

Hyunjin laughed awkwardly, “To not do it ?”

Minho crossed his arms while Chan hid his face in his hands in embarrassment, hoping they hadn’t managed to hear anything. “Or what ?”

Jisung smiled innocently, “Or you’ll feed us to your cats ?”

Minho shook his head, “How dare you, I’ll never feed something bad to my babies,” Chan snorted, “but I’ll feed you to the other members.”

There was a noise of disagreement coming from Seungmin and Jeongin from the room before the two olders passed on top of them.

“But Chanie hyung,” Jisung called and Chan froze on the spot, yelping when the younger hugged him from behind, “why didn’t you tell us you wanted cuddles ?” Felix perked up at the words, rushing to them and making them both fall on the floor, Felix on top of Chan hugging him like a koala.

“Cuddles !” He said happily, burying his face in the crook of the older’s neck, Jisung hugging on the side.

Seungmin decided to crush on top of Felix who yelped before giggling, Chan whining at the sudden weight.

Chan groaned, “Because it’s not really that,” sighing when Changbin slumped on his other side against him, hugging his arm.

Hyunjin jumped on top of Seungmin before Jeongin slumped on top of Hyunjin, groans of pain leaving their mouths before they laughed while Chan smiled fondly even if he was being crushed by their weights.

“He’s actually craving my cuddles, not any of you,” Minho explained before sitting on Jeongin who shrieked.

Chan couldn’t even hide his face, groaning in defeat.

But the way his heart just swelled up from their comforts and touches made him smiled in satisfaction. He hadn’t noticed the others glaring at Minho and even scolding him, who just grinned back at them.

“Anyway, let’s get back to practice !” Minho yelled, the others nodding in agreement, energy newly found, maybe thanks to the cuddles they were all craving.

 

 

 

Chan was maybe a bit too excited as he took off his shoes and jacket, startled to find everyone huddled in the living-room watching a movie, or playing on their phones.

“Welcome back !” Felix spoke first with his big smile, the others greeting him too.

“I’m home,” He said a bit late, finding Minho’s gaze easily, who was also smirking.

“Well, that’s a new record,” He teased, Chan whining at his comment.

After all, it was just past midnight.

“Go shower old man,” He spoke with a snort, “you deserve my cuddles.”

Chan hummed happily before strolling to the bathroom.

Minho stood up from the couch, going to Chan’s room and laying on the bed, having already washed himself. He looked through his phone boringly until he heard the door opening, Chan pausing when he saw him.

“You want to sleep now ? I thought you wanted to watch the movie ?” He asked but still laid on his bed, arms wrapping safely around Minho’s waist, closing his eyes happily.

“I already saw it before, I was just waiting for you,” He turned off his phone before turning around to hug the older, “so how does my hug feel like ?”

Chan just buried his face against his chest, “Warm.”

Minho smiled, fingers carefully replacing his bangs, “Next time, tell me if you need some cuddles.”

Chan hummed, “You too,” Minho grinned.

There was a comfortable silence, the older almost falling asleep with how relaxed he was, pressed against the younger.

“Hyung.”

Chan opened one eye, “Yeah ?”

Minho shifted his weight, pushing the older to make him lay on his back and without a warning pressed his lips against Chan’s. It was just a soft peck, nothing too intense, but still enough to make Chan’s heart burst through his chest who let out a noise of surprise before relaxing.

Minho pulled away with a smile, “I feel like you missed my kisses too.”

And he was right. If his cuddles were rare, then his kisses were almost non-existent. Kissing wasn’t something foreign in their group, they were all really comfortable with each other. It was something they shared if they needed to comfort each other, or just to show their affections. Chan loved that too much.

“You don’t even know,” He replied with a fond smile, hand brushing the skin of his cheek tenderly, “love you.”

And Minho smirked as he laid on top of him, “I know,” Chan laughed at his words, not surprised about his answer.

And Chan felt content at the moment, smile and dimples showing especially when Minho added softly.

“Love you too.”

And maybe the next morning he would wake up with all his family pressed against him, sleeping peacefully and he would love them a bit more everyday.

 

~~~

Hey !!! :D
I don't even know where the idea came from but I'm just so soft for MinChan I had to write that...

Thank you for reading the story ! uwu
Have a great day ! <3