Fin

My regular
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ I can’t believe your dad dumped you here,” Jisoo grumbled as she added another shot of vanilla in a customer’s coffee order.

 

 

“Thank you for the warm welcome, Jisoo. And it’s not like I want to be here too. A month tops and I’ll be out of here,” sat the cat eyed girl that was perfectly manning the counter. At least she can handle herself.

 

 

“A month,” Jisoo shuddered. She’s trying to process what’s really happening right now and the disaster that would eventually happen once her shift is over as she gives the reigns to the boss’ daughter.

 

 

“Just please don’t burn the shop while I’m out Jen. Who’s the other barista in your shift again?” They heard the distinct sound of chimes indicating someone had entered the shop.

 

 

“Good morning!” Rosé waved maniacally at the two behind the counter.

 

 

“Oh God no,” Jisoo whispered as she put two and two together. She needs to plan ahead and apply for another part time job in case these two idiots burn down the coffee shop.

 

 

“Go on with your date, you fool. I won’t let the place burn down. This is technically still my dad’s,” Jennie said as she sneered at Rosé who backed away, cursing she had to have a shift with a grumpy workmate.

 

 

“Fine. I’ll ask Rosie to help me fix my resume then.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s not like Jennie wants to be there. She has an entire month to be back in her dad’s good graces after the stunt she pulled last time. She sighed already 2 hours into her shift and she’s already bored. The shop has plenty of customers which is great but all she wants to do is go back to her studio. A familiar chime of the door being opened and she exclaimed a standard greeting even before looking at the customer.

 

 

“Good evening, may I take your order?” Jennie finally looked up at her new customer. In front of her was a short girl with short hair with disheveled clothes almost like she got caught in a riot, her laptop bag hung on her shoulders. Her expressive eyes stared widely at Jennie.

 

 

“Miss?” Jennie asked impatiently. She’s not entirely new at the expression as she’s been told she’s quite pretty.

 

 

“Miss?” She tried again and the the girl finally snapped out of her thought and pink tinged on her cheeks came after. Jennie silently chuckled to herself.

 

 

“Uhm hi! Uhm sorry, a-a glass of milk please,” the girl stuttered while plastering a big smile on her face.

 

 

“I’m sorry?” Jennie didn’t quite heard that right.

 

 

“Uhm a glass of milk?” The girl said again.

 

 

“Ah yes, excuse me for a moment,” Jennie said and grabbed Rosé who’s putting pastries on the display counter.

 

 

“Yah, that customer is asking for a glass of milk only. Do we even sell those?” Jennie whispered subtly pointing at the weird customer.

 

 

“Of course we do, dumb dumb,” Rosé then walk up to the counter and punched in the order. “Hey Wendy! Long night again?” She enthusiastically greeted.

 

 

“Hey Rosé. Yep, final are just around the corner,” the girl named Wendy greeted back.

 

 

“Oh good luck, here’s your receipt. Sorry, we have new staff today,” Rosé said as she pointed to Jennie.

 

 

“I can see that. Thanks again,” she said to Rosé and turned her body to Jennie to give a little bow before sitting at a corner of the shop.

 

 

“You know her?” Jennie asked.

 

 

“She’s a regular here, comes in after her classes and almost leaves during closing time. They have a different school calendar if your wondering why she's studying,” Rosé said as she got back to her previous task.

 

 

“She’s a little weird,” Jennie commented and as she looked at the girl who opened her laptop and started her work.

 

 

“She is but she’s a cutie. You’ll see,” Rosé said as she called over Wendy’s order from the counter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hello again,” Jennie was startled from her position and straighten up to face her customer. It was the weird girl again two days ago.

 

 

“Good evening, may I take your order?” Jennie said to the girl. She looks a little more put together this time.

 

 

“Right. A glass of milk please,” Wendy ordered like she did the last time and Jennie was ready to punch her order. She asked the girl her name even though she already knew it from Rosé.

 

 

“I’m Wendy,” the girl said and Jennie inputs it in the computer for the receipt and sticker.

 

 

“And yours?” Jennie heard the girl asked and turned to her. She had a hopeful expression on her face. But Jennie doesn’t usually gives

her name to strangers so she stayed mum. Wendy must have felt awkward for the prolonged silence.

 

 

“O-or not, sorry,” she bowed and quickly went to her seat. Jennie actually felt bad when she saw her later quietly sulking with a pout on her face.

 

 

Cute.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie heard the chime of the door opening but she was still looking for a tie for her hair. The one she had broke off and Rosé doesn’t have a spare. She heard the girl greet her and she stood up to get her order.

 

 

“Milk?” She said knowing the girl asks for the same thing every time. The girl just nodded and gave her her card. Jennie punched the order it, hair obscuring her face. She gave back the card when Wendy handed her something. A blue scrunchie. Jennie looked at up at her, right eyebrow raised.

 

 

“For your hair. Don’t worry, its new,” Wendy said as she put in infront of the counter.

 

 

“And you conveniently had this when I needed one?” Jennie said, still suspiciously looking at the scrunchie.

 

 

“I'm a girl too. Uhm, I’ll just,” she quickly snatched her card and receipt and walked away pink tinging the tip of her ears.

 

 

“You’re mean Jen,” Rosé said as she walked up behind her.

 

 

“I don’t want to accept things from strangers,” Jennie said as she looked at the blue scrunchie.

 

 

“She’s being thoughtful and you’re being grumpy. It’s nice if you could befriend her. She’s not a bad person,” Rosé said as she called Wendy for her drink. Jennie just looked at the scrunchie on the counter.

 

 

Later when Wendy was halfway through her notes, she saw a tinged of blue on the new barista’s hair. She was in a good mood all night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In a span of a few weeks, Jennie seemed to encounter Wendy as someone eccentric. Or for the lack of a better word, weird. Jennie still thinks she’s weird.

 

 

Like, the girl has a penchant of picking things off the street. Like that one time…

 

 

“Do you have lost and found box?” She asked Jennie one night she entered the café. Jennie shook her head and asked why since the girl look troubled.

 

 

“Uhm, maybe you can hold this for a while?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter