Chapter 1

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

Loud rang from the alarm clock has woken Mina up. With a half-closed eyes, she reached for it at the bedside table and almost jumped out when she realized they overslept, again. Mina turned around only to see her wife still sleeping like a baby. All she could do is sigh and shake her up, as she sleeps like a log.

 

 

"Chaeng, wake up! We're gonna be late" Chaeyoung grumbled and tossed while covering herself up with the blanket.

 

 

"Son Chaeyoung!"

 

 

It was surely more effective than their alarm, Chaeyoung quickly sprung up out of the blanket. Scratching her head, she reached for Mina for a quick kiss and hug.

 

 

"Good morning, baby. Too early to be grumpy" Mina snickered. "I'm still so sleepy" Chaeyoung said while yawning.

 

 

"Who's fault? I told you we shouldn't be doing THAT when there's work the next day" Mina nagged while crossing her arms but Chaeyoung just chuckled, finding Mina so cute as always.

 

 

"What THAT baby? why can't you say it? It's making love, hon. Come on say it" Chaeyoung laughed teasingly. "Stop complaining because that wasn't what you said to me last night"

 

 

Chaeyoung received two pillows, thrown by Mina before she stormed out of their room, red like a tomato. She laughed hysterically because she still had that effect on Mina even though they're nearly married for seven years.

 

 

Mina entered their kitchen only to see Maddie, already at the table eating her cereals. Sometimes she don't know if she'd be glad or not for having a daughter like Maddie. For a thirteen year old girl to be this independent they were sure lucky with her. Never on those years since they made Maddie as their child that she and Chaeyoung experienced a slight headache from the little girl.

 

 

"Good morning, bub!" Mina greeted and kissed Maddie's forehead.

 

 

"Good morning, mommy" Maddie greeted back and with her beautiful smile.

 

 

"Sorry for waking up late. I'm gonna cook a proper breakfast" then she grabbed eggs and bacons from the fridge and start cooking.

 

 

"Mommy are you gonna start working today?"

 

 

"Yes baby, it's mommy's first day today"

 

 

"Then... can I go to grandmom at lunch?" Mina looked over at her daughter and she gave up immediately when she saw those beautiful puppy eyes.

 

 

"Alright, alright. I'm gonna call her later but tell your mom first okay?" Mina patted Maddie's head as she placed the cooked food on the table.

 

 

An already dressed for work Chaeyoung came and joined them at the table. She kissed Maddie first before sitting beside Mina who's already giving food to her plate.

 

 

"Babe, are you dropping me off today or should I just bring my car?" Mina asked while sipping her coffee. There was no response from her other half so she looked at her but Chaeyoung was just pouting.

 

 

"What?" Mina asked, forehead creased. Maddie was just observing them while silently giggling.

 

 

"Love, do you really have to go to work?" Chaeyoung asked seriously.

 

 

"Chaeng we already talked about this right? And you already agreed so don't tell me that we're gonna fight again because of this"

 

 

"I'm not looking for a fight I was just making sure if you really want to work" Chaeyoung said calmly because she could see that anytime soon, Mina would snap at her.

 

 

"I am so sure, baby. It's been what, almost five years? After two years of our marriage I already quit working and I am getting bored of being alone here when you and Maddie are outside" Mina said pathetically, trying to convince Chaeyoung one more time.

 

 

"But still-"

 

 

"Chaeyoung! Please..." Mina said with finality and stood up without even finishing her meal. Chaeyoung swear that she and Maddie was frightened at that moment. "I'm gonna get ready"

 

 

They followed Mina's movements as it stormed out of the kitchen and entered their bedroom. Chaeyoung could only sigh.

 

 

"Hey mom..." Chaeyoung looked at Maddie, her eyes are full of worries but still gave her mom a smile. "It's okay, don't be sad. Let's just trust and support mommy"

 

 

Chaeyoung smiled at her and nodded. "I know bub, I know"

 

 

The whole car ride was full of cold shoulder from Mina to Chaeyoung. Mina was upset and Chaeyoung knows that and she badly wants to say sorry. The air would be filled with silence if not for the low music playing and Maddie creating a conversation.

 

 

"Mom, can I go over at grandmom's house for lunch?" Chaeyoung looked at her using the mirror to saw her reflection from the back seat.

 

 

"Of course baby, but..." Chaeyoung side eyed Mina and Maddie get it immediately.

 

 

"I already told mommy and she allowed me too" Maddie giggled and gave her mom a thumbs up.

 

 

"Alright then we'll tell your grandmom" Maddie did a silent victory dance at the back and Chaeyoung would laugh at it loudly if only Mina and her are not on a fight.

 

 

Maddie was already dropped off at her school but she and Mina are still at the school car park. Chaeyoung is buying time to make up with Mina as she still won't talk to her. But perhaps, getting curious and annoyed as to why they aren't still moving, Mina faced her.

 

 

"Aren't we leaving? We're so late at this point" Mina said in her usual calm voice but you could still hear the hint of upset in it.

 

 

"Love, I'm sorry.. please don't be mad at me" Chaeyoung begged as she held Mina's hands.

 

 

Mina sighed before looking at her again. "I'm not mad and you know that. It's just that I'm so upset because I thought we already settled this thing a long time ago about me going back to work again"

 

 

"I know I just don't want you to get tired again because of hectic schedules. I can provide for our family, Minari"

 

 

"I already promised you that there will be no hectic schedules, Chaeng. I quitted being a model I'm just some office girl now" Mina said while slightly squeezing Chaeyoung's hand. The latter sighed in defeat.

 

 

"Alright, I won't argue with you anymore. But if ever I see you so tired because of it, you're quitting immediately okay?" Mina nodded and smiled at her. Oh those smiles, those eyes.. It's been years but I'm still melting and falling for it.

 

 

As if she was in a trance, Chaeyoung cupped Mina's chin and pulled her for a kiss. Kissing her passionately like she was high for such a delicate drugs. Chaeyoung could kiss Mina forever if not for the sudden ring of her phone.

 

 

"Hello? Somi, what is it?" Chaeyoung started the engine while Mina's fixing her make up. "Alright I'm on my way" then she hung up.

 

 

"Let me guess, you're already late" Mina chuckled.

 

 

"Just a photoshoot at lunch and we need to be there by ten. I can still manage" Chaeyoung winked at Mina and they share a heartily laugh.

 

 

Living with Chaeyoung for those past years was bearable as they could laugh on something as little as this. There were fights but they would always make up, if not for them but just for the thought of Maddie. If there's a way to just stop it before they argue and fight, they will immediately do it. But this thing about Mina working again is different. Mina could tell how it took almost a year to convince Chaeyoung to allow her to get back on her career. She understand that Chaeyoung was just protective of her and doesn't want her to get tired but she can't just stay as a housewife, if that's what they call it.

 

 

Mina could vividly remember how Chaeyoung reacted the first time she opened up about working again. She was so against it that they didn't even talk for almost two days. If not for Maddie helping her apologize to Chaeyoung, the fight won't still be over. But it doesn't changed the fact that they always argue when it's being brought up, even after a steamy make love session.

 

 

Actually Mina doesn't know how or when did Chaeyoung decided to just gave in to her. Maybe she realized that Mina also needed it or maybe, she just grew tired of fighting over it. Thankfully, they have Maddie in their lives as she's like a bridge always connecting them when they seem to start grow apart. If Maddie isn't here, would they ever mend a fight? Mina's thoughts wonder sometimes.

 

 

"Alright missy, here we are. Good luck on your first day, baby" Chaeyoung gave her a gentle peck of kiss. Mina smiled at her but her nervousness couldn't escape Chaeyoung's eyes who already knew her ever since. "Hey, you okay?" she asked while brushing strands of hair away from Mina's face.

 

 

"Yeah just you know, first day jitters" they both laughed at that.

 

 

"You can do it, babe! Just call me if you're still nervous" Chaeyoung opened the door for her and hugged Mina. "Laters, love"

 

 

Chaeyoung is already driving again on the way to their studio when her phone rang. She excitedly answered it expecting it was from Mina but to her disappointment, it was from a different voice.

 

 

"Son Chaeyoung! Where are you really?" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes when she heard the nag.

 

 

"Yah! Jeon Somi! I'm really on my way, be there in ten minutes"

 

 

"You're always late, aren't you? You have a punishment!" Chaeyoung could only shake her head and laugh at her friend's craziness. "Buy me a drink from Starbucks... oh! Yeri want one too"

 

 

"What do you gusy think of me? A delivery girl?" She could hear Somi and Yeri laugh at the background. "You always want a free drink, pay me up sometimes Miss Somi"

 

 

"Nooo! You can't let me pay, you love me anyway" that statement gained another eye roll from Chaeyoung. "Stop making lots of time with Mina at night, by then you won't be late and won't buy me drinks anymore. Bye!" then Somi ended the call.

 

 

"Gosh that crazy girl" Chaeyoung murmured.

 

 

A text message was received by Chaeyoung after sitting inside their office. Her smiles widen when she read that it was from her wife.

 

 

'Baby, I'm okay here. Told you just first day jitters. Haha! Drive safely later and see you at home. I love you!'

 

 

Oh Mina, what did I do to deserve you? I am so damn inlove with you...