CHAPTER 7

Unexpectedly

Chapter 7


She had pushed her luck. Jaehyun was out like a light. Yoori saw his eyes were closed and he was breathing heavily into his pillow. Confused, she scratched her head and crept out of his room. She thought of why Jaehyun would’ve said those things, but she couldn’t come up with one answer. Still a little puzzled by everything that had happened, Yoori shuffled on over to Yuta’s room to see if Taeyong needed any help. Just approaching the door, she already heard what was happening. Someone was throwing up in the bathroom.

“God, that is gross.” Taeyong said as he reluctantly patted Yuta’s back. “Yeah, let it all out. Let all the stupid out.”

Yoori had her hand on her forehead, “What a couple of lightweights, huh?”

“Who are you calling lightweight, you… you girl!” Yuta slurred his words and supposed insult.

Taeyong giggled, “He called you a girl, that’s nice.” He also teased.

Yoori rolled her eyes and managed a smile at the sight she was currently seeing.

Taeyong sighed and helped Yuta up so he wouldn’t fall beside the toilet and miss throwing up the bad, “Hey Yoori, could you hand me a towel? He’s going to need it after I make him rinse out the vomit in his mouth.”

Yoori grabbed a clean towel from under the sink, ready when needed. After assessing that Yuta was done throwing up, Taeyong helped his nearly lifeless body up and told him to use mouthwash to rinse out his mouth. Yoori handed him the towel afterward.

“What a ing night.” Taeyong stated as he and his cousin collapsed on the couch in the small livingroom.

 

Yoori felt the bright light seeping through the windows and straight into her eyes. She moved to avoid the light and realized in her half asleep state that she had fallen asleep on the couch with her cousin beside her. Taeyong was still sleeping peacefully. She rubbed her eyes and yawned until her jaws felt like they’d lock. “We need to do the groceries today, right?” Taeyong muttered, his eyes still closed.

Yoori moaned, “Can’t we do it tomorrow? Or ask the other two to do it?”

Taeyong rubbed his forehead, “If we let those two do the groceries alone we’ll get energy drinks, cereals and junkfood. No soap, bread, fruit, or even mineral water. D’you really want that?”

His cousin groaned in fear of the grim future.

Taeyong sighed, “Speaking of idiots, I’ll go check on them.” He gets up and slowly walked towards Jaehyun’s door first.

Yoori had not heard Taeyong grumble in such annoyance in so long since she had gotten them both in trouble for trying to skip a week’s worth of class in the past. She was now fully awake so she followed him to Jaehyun’s room.

There was vomit on the blanket, the sheet, on the floor, and on Jaehyun’s shirt. Yoori nearly hurled herself but she swallowed hard. She looked at Jaehyun and he was still in deep sleep. hung open but not for long because the smell was terrible.

“Not it.” Taeyong spoke in his state of disbelief.

“What?!”

“Not it. I’m not taking care of this. I’m going grocery shopping. Have a nice life, Yoori.” Taeyong patted Yoori’s shoulder and began walking away and into the bathroom.

Yoori looked around still speechless until her eyes stopped on Jaehyun who still looked so peaceful in his sleep.

“Jaehyun?” she tried calling out to him, “Jaehyun, please you need to get up.” Yoori pleaded as she approached the bed, the stench coming in stronger. “Dear God, I need you to wake up.” Her stomach lurched.

Fortunately, Jaehyun  moved in his bed and groaned, rubbing his forehead, “I feel like .” He muttered.

“You smell like it too if I’m being honest.” Yoori scratched her head, sighing.

Jaehyun suddenly realized Yoori’s presence and his head pounded even harder, “What are you doing here?”

Before Yoori could talk, Taeyong bellowed from outside, “Yoori! I’m taking Yuta with me! You guys are on your own! Good luck!”

Yoori peeked through the door and saw Taeyong practically drag Yuta who barely got dressed and just sped out the door.

“Well?” Jaehyun reiterated as he had managed to sit up.

“You are literally covered in your own vomit. Taeyong left me to clean it up.” She put her hands on her waist.

Jaehyun looked confused at first but then he panned his view around him and upon himself too. It was a hot mess. He felt his head screeching in pain again, “.” Was all he could say.

“If I do say so myself too..” Yoori nodded. “Guess I’m your babysitter today.” She looked at her watch and it was already nearly 12 noon. They’d already slept through half the day so she felt a little frustrated. Yoori saw how Jaehyun squirmed every other second because of the discomfort. “I’m gonna get you an aspirin while I get the mop. Can you at least change your clothes?” she spoke without letting the other a word in and she exited the room.

Jaehyun struggled to get off the bed but he knew he had to change because he too had smelled the dried vomit on his shirt. He rummaged in his dresser for a clean shirt. Once he had one in his hand, he began ing his shirt, trying hard not to touch the filth again.

“Here’s the aspirin. I’m making coffee too for the hangover. It’ll help.” Yoori just kept talking while she came back into the room. She had not realized that Jaehyun was still changing. She saw him right as he was putting on the clean shirt through the sleeves first so his pale and lean torso was exposed for a moment before it was covered again by the t-shirt. She stopped in her tracks and looked away quickly, “Uhh, here..” she put the aspirin and glass of water on the bedside table and held a mop tightly in her hand. It was as if her lungs just forgot how to let air in and out.