CHAPTER 2

Unexpectedly

Chapter 2


Yoori sat on the table now, alone because Taeyong was brushing his teeth in the bathroom. She sighed as she felt nervous for her first day in college in such a different place than what she had been so used to.

Jaehyun came out of his room with his phone in his hand and took a seat next to Yoori.

“What class do you have first today?” he asked casually.

Jaehyun was also really nice to Yoori. A lot of girls obviously liked him all throughout highschool but she knew that it would be the same in college. He majored in business and marketing so it meant he had a pretty heavy load for his classes. But that didn’t really matter, Jaehyun is very reliable when it came to studying and being a very diligent student. Yuta would sometimes even ask for his help.

Yoori was jolted awake, “Oh, I got philosophy first.” Yoori on the other hand was a language major so sometimes she had similar classes with Yuta, which Yuta hated.

“Heh, I got philosophy too this morning!” Jaehyun said without lifting his head from his phone.

 

FLASHBACK

“Hi, my name’s Jeong Jaehyun! Nice to meet you. Taeyong tells us about you.” He smiled.

In all honesty, Yoori had to cover her eyes because of how bright and shining this man was. Jaehyun had pale skin, an attractive physique, good hair, and an extremely polite attitude.

Suffice it to say, she and Taeyong are the troublemakers of this household if anything.

After Yoori had unloaded all her boxes in her room, Jaehyun invited her to hang out with the rest of them so she could feel more comfortable as they would all be living together for a while.

“I do recommend that you ask your cousin first before inspecting any of the jars in the apartment.” Jaehyun commented as Yoori looked around to see that there were a number of suspicious-looking jars with liquid in them. “Apparently, they’re for Taeyong’s classes. That’s what we get for having a veterinary medicine student in the apartment.” He laughed.

Yoori always knew that Taeyong was interested in helping animals so his major did make a lot of sense., She’s always been supportive at what her cousin does even if it means helping him grieve over a pigeon he had just buried in their backyard. She loved Taeyong like that.

END

 

“We all have keys right?” Yuta reminded them as they were all headed to the door.

The three of them replied affirmatively.

“Right, I just don’t want any of you to come knocking while I sleep here during my breaks.” Yuta added as he was the first to go out the door.

Taeyong smiled and rolled his eyes.

 

Yoori and Jaehyun entered the same room and sat next to each other for the philosophy class.

The male professor came in. He looked stern with his wire-framed glasses and a shirt that was probably the work of an expensive iron.

“Good morning, this is Philosophy for the freshmen and I expect that you will all comply with the requirements if you want to pass my class.” He wrote his name on the whiteboard and turned back to the class.

“I am Professor Choi and the person you are sitting next to will be your partner for any activities I have planned for you all throughout the semester.” The words just slid off of his mouth as he scanned to room to see if everyone had a partner.

Jaehyun awkwardly glanced at Yoori and said, “Guess you’re stuck with me.”

Yoori stifled her laugh and relief as at least she wouldn’t have to deal with a free-loading stranger.

After the introductions and orientation of the class, they were dismissed and the two of them had to go their separate ways.

Yoori made her way to her next class which was Speech 101. She got to the room pretty early so only about 5 other students were there too. Just as the other students came piling in, she saw a familiar face come in and head towards her reluctantly, it was Yuta.

“Ugh, I have this same class with you?!” he almost cursed.

“Not like we had any choice.” She retorted, “You didn’t even have to sit next to me, idiot.” Yoori continued.

“Well it beats sitting next to some stranger during introductions.”

Yoori let out an audible smile.

After the usual orientations, the class was dismissed and Yoori only had one more class before her lunch break.

Diplomatic Relations was her next class and thankfully, she still had Yuta in the same class.  However, right after that class, Yuta still had one more class before his break, so between that, Yoori was alone at lunch.

Yoori proceeded to the huge cafeteria with a semi full tray in hand and found an empty round table. She sat alone for some time, feeling a little lonely as she took a bite of her sandwhich. She was already half finished when Taeyong suddenly sat next to her on the table.

“How has it been so far?” Yoori asked as she took a sip from her soda.

“I have biology and animal anatomy first. The professors seem kind though.” He huffed as he took out a back of chips he had gotten from the vending machine. “What about you?”

“Well I have a class with Jaehyun and 2 with Yuta, he hates it but loves it.” She smiled.

“Lucky..” Taeyong muttered and pouted.

Yoori laughed, “I’m sure you’ll find new friends in your classes.” She assured him knowing that Taeyong really is a nice and genuine person.

“Hey! What’re you guys eating?” Jaehyun bellowed as he found where the two others were sitting.

“Haven’t found new friends yet either have you, Jaehyun?” Taeyong teased as he chewed on his potato chips.

Jaehyun scratched the back of his head, “A few girls approached me and invited me to lunch but I just didn’t want to do that yet.” He giggled almost politely.

“Yaahh, already getting it with the girls, how vulgar!” Taeyong pressed on.

Yoori elbowed him and said, “Well at least that’s still progress! Taeyong here didn’t even have one friend yet.”

“You’re one to talk, you’re the girl, you’re supposed to have a group of other girls with you already!” Taeyong retorted.

Jaehyun laughed at the bickering as he put down his bag and looked for a food stall he might like. He wandered away for a while when Yuta finally appeared.

“I have a lot of hot classmates, let me tell you that.” He exclaimed as he sat himself down with his full tray of food and drinks.

“It’s the first day, Yuta. Watch it.” Taeyong warned as he was now playing with his phone.

“No, because I have a lot of foreign classmates; one was Chinese, 2 were Russian, and even an American.” He said before taking a big bite of his burger.

“Not like any of them would be interested in you.” Yoori teased.

“You’re lucky we’re your friends. We can find you a guy so you wouldn’t be as annoying as you are.” Yuta answered without missing a beat and with his mouth full.