Part 4

A Cats Tale

Part 4

 

A piercing screech filled the Bae’s house that morning as Miss Irene Bae comes to the realization that she is to marry poor Wendy Son. And to think, she took it rather calmly and gracefully, the day before. “Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.” A vaguely stark image of Wendy Son’s perplexed look on her face causes heat to creep over her cheeks and she shook her head madly, mentally cursing her cheeks for betraying her by blushing.

The room of her door burst open with her panicked family members scrambling towards her, crashing against one another. Irene, dramatically, looked over to them, putting her hands over her heart, “Doctor!!”

“Oh dear, what’s wrong Irene?” her mother asked, recovering from the crash and rushing towards her daughter.

“I think I need a doctor! M-My heart- it’s it’s-“ She was mumbling incoherently, tongue-tied, which is something Miss Irene Bae never does, ever. So the world is ending. A sharp tongued guillotine is what is she known to those who is lucky enough to be close to her.

Her mother frantically checked Irene’s wellbeing until she stopped and giggled softly. “Oh, my dear daughter.”

“I’m marrying Wendy Son!!” She exclaimed, although it’s unsure to her family if it’s a good thing or bad?

Joy mentally slapped herself as she picked herself up, she was sure her father would too, seeing as how alarmed he was. “You nearly gave us a heart attack!!”

-

Chaos. Chaos was the house of Bae, that very morning.

“W-What am I supposed to do? I-I’m not ready for marriage and-and-“ She was panicking, hardly even breathing. Her mother squeezed her hands tight in assurance and reminded her to breathe. Joy and her father sat at the edge of her bed, waiting for her patiently to finish what she wanted to say. She squealed and covered her face with her hands, feeling the heat creep up to her cheeks.

“W-What if she doesn’t-“ She looked at them in worry and all ounce of her family mental slapping her vanished in an instant.

“Dear sister, this is Wendy Son.” Joy said, as a matter of fact. Kind and gentle Wendy Son.

“And Wendy Son is the problem.” Irene mumbled in between her hands, head filled with a stark image of that rainy day in her family’s forest cabin.

“Dear sister, I do apologize if I sound biased towards Wendy, by far, she has been the best candidate and you know that. She won fair and square, befriending the little cat you and gaining your trust. Isn’t that why you gave her the key on your tail in the first place?” Joy said. “She is a respectable and kind woman who will care for you genuinely. She will love both parts of you without judgement. I dare say she will put up with your ridiculous antics and stubbornness. I know Wendy and she has a good heart, she has been a dear friend of mine since we were children. I have a good feeling that she is your match. And if this is about her social status and wealth, I’m sure father can help and build her.” Joy continued, assuring her.

“I have a confession…Grandma-ma has forbid me from having any kind of interaction with Wendy Son…” Irene said. A quick flash of a rather confused face, a grip on her tail, a black-out and then she was in a haze, feeling the cool wind pricking against her skin, as her grandmother scolded the other who ran away.

The family members looked at each other, “Oh dear,”

If Irene is known to be a sharp tongued guillotine, then grandma-ma is worst! After all, Irene is considerably taught by her grandma-ma to be who she is.

“I-“ Irene hung her head, lips shaking and tears collecting in her eyes. Oh, there was so much she needed to tell them. But the shame! And the promise. "I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Irene cried.

-

“I think I’m marrying Miss Irene Bae.” Wendy announced, although she sounded hesitant. Her parents nearly spat out what they ate, with her father coughing, "You're joking right? Dear child." Her mother forced a laughter. However her daughter only looked at her with a serious face. "Oh dear." Her mother placed her hand on her chest, "You're serious."

"Well, Of course. I said I would marry her." Wendy answered, nonchalantly.

“Well, isn't that marvellous! Congratulations, my dear daughter!” Her father was the first to take in the news.

And just as news has travelled into the common house of Son, it travelled around like a spark igniting a fire. And everyone knew that Miss Irene Bae is owned by Son Wendy, a lowly commoner. Gossips travelled far and wide with gasps and gleefulness.

The question was ‘How did Wendy Son out-smart the cunning cat?’

It even made its way to the ears of the prominent head of the Bae family, literally. “I taught my grand-daughter better than this!!” She exclaimed in anger, in no hells way would she ever let that scoundrel touch her precious grand-daughter. “Prepare my hunting sniper.”

-

[Authors Note] Please read! ^.^

I'm pretty sure everyone knows 'what is what' but I saved up the last mystery for the next chapter, which is the last.

This is a fairly short chapter but I think it's perfect, I've done several edits and put in actual effort in it XD. I didn't want to over-complicate/ or elaborate the story too much, this is after all meant to be a short and cute story. And I didn't want to give away too much details. 

I am sorry for taking a bit of time since my last update. I went through a block and finally could write something today/ this while. 

Thank you for your comments, it cheered me up and entertained me to continue writing. Thank you for your upvotes, compared to my other story, Psycho, this has received double and I am encouraged. 

After this, for the subscribers/upvoters/ commentors who follow the story I write, I hope you can give Psycho (link: https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1455957/psycho)  a read (if it is your cup of tea), I think that will be the last story that I will write. 

I'm going through a rough patch and I was considering to abandon both stories but I thought I needed to finish it, I wanted to write a good story for both me and you. It will take a little bit of time for me to update again, (I hope soon), at least to finish 'A Cats Tale'. 

Until then! Thank you again!

Lots of Love,

Baebaereads.