I Thought I Knew You (Eunseo)

The Queens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another night with one of those dreams that woke you up in the middle of the night. Yet again that voice that seemed so familiar but so distant at the same time. Then I would spend the next two hours or so going to the kitchen, grabbing something to drink to just calm down my nerves. The presence of the owner of that voice seems to dominate every fiber of my senses that I can't even comprehend what the actual hell is going on. So soothing to the bone yet so irresistible at the same time almost like it was a spell. I felt like I have heard that voice before, but I could never put my finger on it.

I will find you, the voice would say, And once I do, I will not repeat the same mistake. I will never let anyone take you away from me again.

One certainty, that voice is a woman's voice that I am hearing, quite a possessive one at that. However, it is something that I am not uncomfortable with because as a matter of fact, I liked the way it sounded coming from her. I could never make out her face for some reason, and that is one of the reasons why I am kept up at night. I am too curious about that voice and I want to see who owned that voice. This frustration had become quite the dominant matter in these past few months ever since I turned 24 years old. I even went my way to go to a therapist about this matter, but all they said was that it might be the stress talking and so on. My job, ever since I graduated college, is as a video editor to a popular production house that produces music videos, drama series, and movies of quite the popular caliber. Working in a big company like this, the job loads is no joke especially when I am in charge of editing the year's most anticipated drama series. With over 24 episodes to do and meeting up to the quota, it wasn't as simple as I had thought. With only 3 episodes in, my work is already a pile. 

"You know?" a familiar figure sat right in front of me as I spaced out yet again, "You been spacing out more than I do lately." 

"Eunseo?" I blinked in surprise, "I thought you were to scout the next site for next week's episode shoot."

"Yah! I might be spacing out a lot and joke around a lot, but I get my work done," she jabbed at me with her fork pointed at me, "And you? Shouldn't you be editing for this week's episode?"

"Yah! I might be spacing out a lot and joke around a lot, but I get my work done," I with the exact response she gave which resulted in a piece of fish cake thrown my way.

"Cih.. you ," she rolled her tongue at me and chuckled along as I did.

Eunseo had been quite the helpful soul during my first year as a video editor. She had shown me around the company when I first arrived then introducing me to some key people that had also helped me with the ropes in this industry. To cut the story short, I owe her a lot. We have been friends from the get-go, and have a lot in common, especially in some weird corny jokes. Two years she had helped me, and two years I tried to return the favor. Anytime she needed help, I would always give the best of my abilities to help her out. We grew closer over the few months when we got the same project of working in the same drama. My buddies in the company thought I was dating her secretly or trying to court her, and apparently so did her friends. So anytime we had a company meal together, they would always reserve a seat for both me and her so we can sit next to each other. She is, not to mention, one of the prettiest employees in the company that sometimes people mistook her for a celebrity, which she dislikes very much. 

"So?" Eunseo fiddled with her fork on her food.

"So?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Have you prepared a suit for tonight's premiere?" Eunseo's question had me puzzled.

"Premiere?" I frowned before my eyes widened, "Oh no... It's today? already?"

"I knew it," Eunseo shakes her head and throws a napkin at me.

Tonight is the premiere of the company's 50th produced movie which I took charge of for the editing processes. Of course, there were teams involved in this project, but I did most of the editing of the movie which took quite an amount of time away from me. For a good 4 months on this, I basically lived in the studio for that amount of time because I had to meet the designated time frame. The movie was supposed to premiere 3 months ago but due to some internal company problems, it had to move back to this month, which I had completely forgotten. 

"Crap, I haven't..." my complaint was simply interrupted

"Prepared a suit right?" Eunseo states as she continues to eat her food.

"Yes, how did you.." and again before I could finish my words.

"Come an hour early to the venue, I got a suit for you," she winked at me before standing from her seat, "And I have to prepare myself too for tonight, bye-bye." She waved with a grin and just left me there stunned. Being friends for two years is one thing, but to able to catch up on my habits so much is just a whole new different thing.

"I didn't even get to say thank you," I watched her walk out the cafeteria as she turns around once again to look at me, but for some reason, the way she looked at me was different earlier. I thought her eyes just showed a glimpse of color change before she waved again with the same grin she gave and walked out of sight. "Yeah, I need to get out of the studio more often," I shook my head after witnessing that.

"Mr. Kim?" one of the staff of the company waved for me, I didn't notice that he was actually across me after the look Eunseo gave.

"Ah yeah?" I shook the thought away and focused on the staff.

"The new hard drive you requested is already on your desk just as you ordered," He smiled and bowed his head.

"Ah, thank you Mr. Lee," I bowed my head back before standing up from my chair and walk to my office with him tagging along and handing me some receipt I need to sign for my order. 

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

So here I am, an hour early before all the camera flashes started. I am at the almost empty lobby since all the photographers are crowded outside waiting for the stars of the show. The venue for the premiere is quite the popular grounds to the country's filming industry. I have nothing but admiration for this building and the fact that my first ever movie is going to premiere here.

"Get Dressed," Eunseo came out of nowhere and handed me a two-piece, "Go to the end of the hall and make a right, the Van is outside waiting for you."

"Wait what? The Van?" Without giving as much of a reply, he turned me around and pushed towards the direction she just pointed. "Where are you going?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter