Epilogue

Asymptotes & Ellipses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yogsun’s POV

 

Everyone’s in a rush and running around me. Probably a hundred people had already dropped by my room to greet and congratulate me. We don’t have a hundred guests but it felt that many. They tried to get in but I’m too anxious to be seeing anyone right now so I shut the door and locked it, leaving me and Yongjae alone in the room. The only people that I allowed to get in my room were Wheein’s family and mine.

I was sitting in front of the vanity mirror with a group of people doing my hair and my makeup. I politely kicked them out the moment my hair and makeup was done. A photographer went in here as well and took pictures of me. I posed for a couple of photos before I politely kicked him out as well. I wanted to be left alone with Yongjae because seeing faces could worsen my anxiety for today. I have to change out of my bathrobe but I still have time so I paced in the room.

“What do you think, little guy?” I whispered to Yongjae who’s watching me from the bed, silently drinking his milk as he innocently blinked his eyes at me. “What do you think?” I stopped pacing at the foot of the bed and stood in front of Yongjae. “What do you think?”

Yongjae pulled his sippy cup out of his mouth and stared at it. Then he raised it towards me, sharing his milk with me. “Mommy want yum yum?”

I sighed heavily and shook my head, my shoulders drooping as I released a heavy breath out. “No… Mommy’s not hungry, baby. Mommy’s nervous”

“Mommy nerus?” he asked, his eyebrows scrunching up  from confusion.

“Yeah… Mommy’s very nervous. Do you think Mommy Whee’s nervous right now too? What do you think Mommy Whee feels right now, little guy? Do you think Mommy Whee’s even here?”

“Mommy Whee?”

“Yes. What if she backed out, baby? What if she left us and ran away because she realized that she doesn't want to do this? But you saw her a while ago, right? We told Yongkeey to guard Mommy Whee and not let her escape, right? Did you remind Yongkeey about that?”

“Yongkeey?”

“Yes. Do you think Yongkeey remembered our deal to watch over Mommy Whee?”

“Yongkeey? Mommy Whee?” he asked as he pouted at me now, having a hard time understanding his anxious Mommy.

What am I even doing?

I sighed heavily once again as I made my way towards the bed. I lifted Yongjae first before I climbed on the bed and sat down. I leaned my back on the headboard and sat Yongjae in between my lap. I used the bib he’s wearing and wiped his chin before I kissed the top of his head, careful not to ruin his perfectly combed hair.

I breathed deeply and closed my eyes as I leaned my head on the headboard as well. I could hear sounds from Yongjae while he was drinking his milk. I let that distract me away from my anxiety that seemed to double the pace of my beating heart and constrict my lungs. I remained still and just focused on breathing.

I got engaged with two people in my lifetime but I got engaged three times; twice on the first person I was engaged with. This would be the second time I experienced becoming a bride; the first one got cancelled. I cancelled it. After all of those, I knew this will be the last person I’d be engaged with and this will be the last wedding I’ll be attending as a bride.

Today is mine and Wheein’s wedding day. After everything I went through, I am very certain that at the end of this day, I’ll finally be someone’s wife. For as long as Wheein wouldn’t suddenly back out, I’ll be someone’s wife when this day ends. I’ll be her wife and she’ll be mine.

We have to wait until Hyejin gives birth for this wedding to happen. There’s no way Wheein would hold a wedding without her best friend. I don’t like not having them as well so we waited. We were engaged for over a year and have been planning a simple wedding surrounded by everyone close to us; our friends and family. Even Eric is here with us today. He was the first one to drop by and congratulate me, saying that he was happy for me.

It’s been a week since I’ve seen Wheein. I don’t know why we agreed on staying with our family a week before our wedding day. Yongkeey’s with her and Yongjae’s with me. We called each other everyday though. The idea was exciting at first but I immediately missed her on the first day we were apart.

I don’t even know if she’s here right now. Chorong and Irene said that she’s here but I wanted to see her for myself. They also said that she was very beautiful and it made me even want to see her more. I missed my other baby too. I know Yongkeey’s well taken care of but I worry for both her and Wheein. That’s why I’m very anxious for today.

I heard a soft knock on my door before it was pushed open. I opened my eyes and saw Yonghee coming inside my room, already dressed for later.

Yongjae sat up when he saw his Auntie Yonghee and pulled his sippy cup out of his mouth. “Hee! Hee!” he excitedly said, making my older sister smile so wide.

“You want to go to your Auntie Yonghee, Yongjae?”

He passed his sippy cup to me and tried to push himself up, wanting to go to his Auntie Yonghee already. “Jae go to Hee…”

I placed his sippy cup on the bedside table before I lifted him off and placed him on the floor. “Careful, Yongjae” I whispered to him before I let go of his hand and let him walk towards Yonghee.

His tiny fists were raised up on either side of him to balance himself. His giggles matched his angry stomps on the floor as he made his way to his Auntie Yonghee. My older sister was already crouched down on the floor and her hands were reaching towards Yongjae, ready to catch him.

“Good job, Yongjae! Good boy!” Yonghee cheered as she lifted Yongjae up and kissed his cheeks, making Yongjae giggle. She pointed at the bib on Yongjae’s chest and asked, “Will you be wearing your bib when you walk Mommy later?”

“Bib?” Yongjae asked as he leaned down and looked at it.

“Yeah… bib. That’s your bib”

“Bib…This…” He pouted at it before he grabbed it and pulled it as he shook his head. “Bib no… Dow wike it…”

“Let’s take it off then. It will ruin your beautiful suit.” She took off Yongjae’s bib and smiled at him as she fixed Yongjae’s white bow tie. “There you go. Now you look like a handsome young man.” She pointed at her cheek and said, “Auntie wants a kiss from the handsome young man”

Youngjae leaned forward right away and kissed her cheek. Then he giggled before he hid his face on Yonghee’s neck, getting shy right away after giving the kiss.

“I love you”

“Love you…” Yongjae whispered on Yonghee’s neck, making my older sister laugh at him.

Yonghee walked towards the bed and passed my son to me again. She sat on the chair in front of the vanity table while I sat Yongjae on my lap.

I fixed his suit and suspenders before I hugged him tightly. “Hug Mommy, Yongjae” I whispered and smiled right away when he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pressed his cheek to mine.

“Why is the bride not smiling on her wedding day?” Yonghee asked.

I glared at her while she just smirked at me. “How am I supposed to smile when I’m even too nervous to move a muscle?”

“You’re nervous?”

“Of course I am! I haven’t seen Wheein for a week already…”

“Mommy Whee…” Yongjae suddenly whispered.

“Yongjae has seen his Mommy Whee already but I haven’t, so I’m not sure if she’s really here. I wanted to see her for myself so I can be certain if she’s really here today…”

“I’ve seen her already. She’s here” Yonghee said, butting in.

“Great…” I closed my eyes as I sighed exasperatedly. “You’ve seen her as well. I haven’t seen her at all!” I whined and pouted while Yongjae immediately kissed my pouting lips before he pressed our cheeks together again. “Should we see Mommy Whee, little guy? Should we go there and sneak into her room together? Should we go there right now?”

“Mommy Whee…”

“Let’s go then” I said and instantly climbed off the bed and headed to the door, bringing Yongjae with me.

“Wait! You’re not allowed to go to her room. You also have to change first”

“We’ll go see Wheein for a second. Then I’ll change” I said, slightly frowning at my sister as I begged her to allow me.

She only chuckled at me and shook her head, declining my request. She grabbed my shoulders and pushed me towards the vanity table again but I fought against her. “You have to change”

“I don’t want to change. I want to see Wheein. What if she won’t show up later? Or what if she’ll suddenly cancel the wedding like what I did with Eric last time?”

“There’s no way she’ll do that. Come on… Don’t be stubborn already”

“I’m not being stubborn. I’m nervous. How am I supposed to know if she’s here if I haven’t seen her yet? I want to see her so I’d be reassured and calm myself down”

“But you’re not allowed to see Wheein yet” Yonghee argued, groaning from frustration as she softly smacked my arm.

I shook her hands off my shoulders and turned around to face her. “Okay. Fine… I’m not going to Wheein’s room anymore. Let me just do something.” I headed back towards the door as I whispered to Yongjae, “Okay, little guy. I have something for you to do, okay?”

“Okay…”

I shifted him in my arms so I could look at his face. “Go to Mommy Whee’s room, okay?’

He blinked his eyes innocently at me before he whispered, “Okay…”

“Tell Mommy Whee not to back out”

“Back out?”

“Yes. No back out. Not allowed to back out. Tell her Mommy doesn’t want her to back out. No back out”

“No back out”

I smiled as I vigorously nodded at him, making Yongjae smile at me. “That’s right. No back out. Tell Mommy Whee no back out.” I kissed his cheek and pulled the door open. Then I placed him down on the floor and said, “Come back here right away after you’re done with your mission, little guy. Okay?”

“Okay!” Yongjae said excitedly as he bounced on his heels.

I kissed his forehead before I went back inside the room and closed the door. Then I started pacing as I chewed the inside of my cheek and gripped my bathrobe since I don’t want to ruin my hair.

“How long does it take for him to go to Wheein’s room and come back here?” I asked Yonghee, briefly glancing at her before I stared at the floor. “It will only take him a minute, right? He should be back by now”

“Did you just leave Yongjae in the hallway by himself?”

I instantly stopped pacing and looked at Yonghee, our eyes slowly widening. “Yongjae!” I called out to my son. We moved at the same time and ran towards the door. I grabbed the handle first and pulled it open as I shouted, “Yongjae!”

I found him in my Mom’s arms in the middle of the hallway right outside my room, flinching when I got them startled from how I harshly pulled the door open. I went to Yongjae right away and lifted him off from Mom’s arms. Then I hugged him tightly as I sighed in relief that nothing bad happened to him. “I’m sorry, baby… Mommy shouldn’t have left you here by yourself”

“He kept saying Mommy Whee and no back out when I found him here” Mom explained. “I think he wanted to go to Wheein”

“He does but I told him to go to his Mommy Whee and tell her not to back out.” I pouted at Yongjae and he leaned right away to kiss me. “I’m sorry…”

“Sowy?” He suddenly pointed at my lipstick and asked, “Boo boo? Mommy has boo boo? Mommy hurt?”

I softly laughed at him as I snuggled my nose to his cheek, making him giggle. “That’s not a boo boo, Yongjae. Mommy’s fine. Just nervous.” I looked at Mom who’s still outside the hallway, silently watching me and Yongjae. “Would you like to come in?”

“No. It’s okay. I heard you’re not allowing anyone in. I just passed by after I went to Wheein”

“You went to Wheein? She’s really here?” I turned to Yonghee and asked, “She’s really here?”

“Of course! That’s what I’ve been saying to you. Now, you need to change or else I’ll cancel this wedding myself”

I glared at her while she smirked at me. “Try it and I swear Yongjae would have no idea who Auntie Yonghee is.” I smiled at her this time when her smirk turned into a frown. Everyone loves Yongjae and being Yongjae’s mommy has its perks. They couldn’t threaten me with anything because I could threaten them back with anything that has something to do with Yongjae.

“Change.” She grabbed Yongjae from me and passed it to Mom. “Watch over Yongjae, Mom. I’ll help Yongsun change. Get in”

Mom and Yongjae were walking around the room because Yongjae wanted to walk around. Yonghee was helping me wear my dress without ruining my hair and makeup. Then she helped me into my heels next. She fixed the skirt of my gown while I glanced at myself in the mirror.

I’m wearing a simple white bodice corset gown. Wheein picked the gown for me. She said that I always look good in anything, but I especially look good on something that exposes my shoulder blades and collarbones. A small smile appeared on my lips because my fiancée really knows me well. I don’t know what she’ll be waiting for later though because I told her to surprise me. My hand unconsciously raised up to touch the magnolia necklace that Wheein gave me while my left hand felt so awkward and bare without my engagement ring.

When Yonghee was done surveying my gown, I glanced at the clock on the wall and breathed deeply, my nervous heart acting up again. I clenched and unclenched my hands several times to calm myself down. I grabbed the bouquet of magnolias Yonghee handed to me and buried my face in it, breathing in to inhale its scent.

I felt a tug on my skirt and saw Yongjae reaching his hands up to me, wanting to be carried. I handed him the flowers first before I lifted him in my arms. “You have to take care of Mommy’s flowers, okay?”

“Mommy Whee…” He looked at me with a huge smile on his face. He showed me the flowers and said, “Mommy Whee!”

I smiled as I nodded at him. “That’s right! Hold it tightly and don’t let go of it. Take care of it, okay?”

“Okay…” He held it with both of his tiny hands. Then he raised it up, showing off to Yonghee and Mom that he’s holding the flowers for me.

I smiled at him before I rested my cheek on his head and stared at the flowers, listening to Yongjae talking to the flowers like he’s talking to his Mommy Whee. “How many minutes left?” I asked.

“Thirty” Yonghee answered while I nodded, definitely ruining Yongjae’s hair now.

“Are you nervous?” Mom asked while I just nodded in response. “That seemed different this time” she suddenly whispered while I looked at her, raising my eyebrows from confusion. She gave me a soft smile as she said, “On your wedding day with Eric, I asked you how you were feeling and you said that you were nervous too”

“I was…”

“I know and I know you weren’t lying but it was a different kind of nervous, right?”

“It was…”

She nodded at me as she moved towards me. She sighed heavily and stared at me intently as she cupped my cheek. “I’m happy for you and Wheein” she sincerely whispered, which caught me off guard and froze me on where I was standing. She smiled again before she nodded at me. “I’ll see you later” she said before she dropped her hand from my cheek and headed towards the door.

“Mom…” I shyly called to her before she could even leave the room.

“Yes?”

“Are you mad at me that I’m letting Yonghee walk me later instead of you?”

“No” she answered without any hesitation. “I’ll see you later, Yongsun.” She waved at Yongjae and said, “Bye, Yongjae”

“Bye bye… Mama” Yongjae said before Mom exited the room.

I walked towards the bed and sat on it when it’s just Yonghee, Yongjae, and me left in the room. I sat Yongjae on my lap, hugging him close to me.

“Have you not forgiven her yet?” Yonghee asked as she sat on the chair across from me.

“I have. I just haven’t said it to her”

“Would you want Mom to walk you later?”

“I don’t know… That might be awkward if I suddenly ask her to. Should I just ask her?” I asked Yonghee, my eyebrows scrunching up from uncertainty.

“It’s your wedding. Why are you asking me?”

I pouted at her and said, “I’ll just let Yongjae walk me later”

“Are you sure?”

“No” I answered right away, making her laugh out loud. “You’re not helping”

“That’s why I’m saying that this is your wedding. It’s not mine. You decide who should walk you. Not me” she said, laughing at me again while I just stared at Yongjae since I’m sick of looking at my older sister’s face. “Mom is already happy even if you don’t ask her to walk you later. She looked even more relaxed now. She’s been asking me a lot of times when I will be married as well. I kept telling her that I’m not even in a relationship. Then she told me to find someone that will take care of me like how Wheein takes care of you and Yongjae”

My head whipped towards her while my eyes widened, surprised by this. “Really?!”

“Yeah…”

“You’re kidding me” I said as I narrowed my eyes on her from disbelief.

“I’m not! She even went to Wheein’s room earlier and thanked her for taking care of you and Yongjae. Jessica told me a while ago.” She chuckled as she reached a hand to me and closed my mouth. “Wheein’s the standard now”

“How?” I whispered to myself. “Oh no… Wheein might be crying now if she heard that from Mom. She’d always wanted Mom’s approval before she marries me and I think she finally did it”

“She must be,” Yonghee said.

“My squishy teddy bear might be crying right now. Mommy Whee might be crying right now, Yongjae. What should we do? Should we go to Mommy Whee, little guy?” I whispered to Yongjae but he ignored me because he was busy humming to the magnolias and putting them to sleep.

Our attention was turned to the door when we heard a knock on it. I instantly sat up when I saw Eunji, Wheein’s cousin and our wedding coordinator as well, peeking her head from the side of the door.

She smiled at us as she said, “Ten minutes. I need you three in the garden already. Wheein has moved out so you’re safe to go now”

“Oh, okay. Thank you.” I lifted Yongjae in my arms once again while Yonghee and I walked out of the room to head to the garden. “Do you have my vows with you already?”

“Yup. Don’t worry about it”

“Okay… I’m nervous.” I pouted at Yongjae in my arms and softly whined at him. “Hug Mommy, baby. Mommy needs Yongjae’s hugs right now”

He pouted at me and raised the flowers that he’s been diligently holding. “Mommy Whee…”

“Then can you just press your cheek to mine, little guy?” I leaned my cheek to his and whispered, “Like that. Press your cheek further to Mommy”

“Cheek?”

“Cheeky cheek cheek” I whispered, rubbing our cheeks together while he giggled.

“Cheek cheek!” he chanted, bouncing up and down in my arms as he rubbed our cheeks together.

We rubbed our cheeks together while Yongjae continued to mumble about cheeks until we reached our position. I bent down and placed him on the ground while Yonghee arranged my skirt so Yongjae wouldn’t step on it. Then I grabbed the flowers from Yongjae and held his hand while he kept bouncing on his knees, still singing about cheeks. I fixed his suit and bowtie first before I linked my other arm with my older sister’s.

I closed my eyes, ran my tongue on my lips, and gulped hard before I breathed deeply. “Jung Wheein, you better show up or else I’m going to kill you myself and bury your dead body in the pile of all of your shoe collection” I whispered under my breath, hearing Yonghee softly laughing beside me.

“That’s a very gory picture for your son”

“He won’t understand a thing about it. I’m clear” I whispered while my sister laughed again.

“Yongsun…”

I opened my eyes and saw Eunji again. “Yeah?” I whispered, my voice shaking from nervousness.

“You’re up now” she said while I nodded at her before she wished me luck and disappeared once again.

There will be a center aisle that would lead to a platform where the officiant will be waiting for us. Wheein and I won’t be using the center aisle. We’ll be using the side aisles before meeting at the platform. The center aisle will only be used by the end of the wedding ceremony where Wheein and I will be exiting together.

The garden was filled with the vibrant colors of magnolias and sunflowers that Wheein’s Mom arranged herself. She even handpicked the flowers too. There are several chairs arranged in the garden for our family and friends.

“Yongjae… Let’s go. Let’s start walking, baby”

“Okay…”

I smiled at him when he started doing his angry stomps again. Yonghee and I matched Yongjae’s pace. We turned the corner and saw Wheein walking with her parents on either side of her. She came! She’s really here! I’m not going to prison for killing her anymore because she’s here!

“Yongkeey! Go Yongkeey!” Yongjae exclaimed, grabbing my attention.

We’re supposed to turn and walk on the side aisles but because someone has other plans, we went straight and headed to where Yongkeey was sitting with Yongjae leading us. Yonghee just followed me while I followed Yongjae. No one protested though. No one even seemed bothered that we completely ruined the walk. The music just continued playing like nothing out of plan was happening.

“Is this okay? I’m sorry. He misses our dog so much” I whispered to Eunji, who just smiled and nodded at me. I smiled at my other baby and patted her head. “How are you, Yongkeey? Did Mommy Whee take care of you?” I asked her while she responded with an enthusiastic bark.

I brushed back Yongjae’s hair and held his hand again. “Let’s go, little guy. We have to walk now”

“Yongkeey! Lesgo!”

My entourage now consisted of my older sister, my son, and my dog. We’re far from the side aisle now so Eunji suggested for us to just use the center aisle. I could see Wheein and her parents patiently waiting for us while we slowly made our way to the center.

“Pokey! Pokey! Mommy! Pokey!”

Yongjae led us to Dr. Jung who’s sitting close to the center aisle. We stayed a good minute with Dr. Jung while Yongjae giggled at her. Then he found his Daddy Ewik and spent a good minute with him as well. We got stuck for a long time with Byul, Hyejin, and their daughter, Nari, because Yongjae adored his baby cousin so much.

The little guy was a celebrity during our walk. A lot of people were calling for his attention and would triumphantly smile if Yongjae would go to them.

The last person that he went to was his Auntie Sica and Auntie Tae. I was right after all that Taeyeon also liked Jessica in return. However, it was a long duration of courting for Jessica because Taeyeon didn’t like Jessica as much as before and she didn’t want to be involved with Jessica after dating Wheein. She said that it would be weird but things worked out between the two of them now.

It’s just that Jessica lives in Seoul and Taeyeon is in Jeonju. As Whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter