Chapter Thirty

Asymptotes & Ellipses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein’s POV

 

My mouth opened so wide on its own as I yawned loudly. I gently slapped my hand on my cheek to keep myself awake since I’m still driving back home. It’s already minutes past ten in the evening and I just left work. Since we opened the newly expanded Seoul branch, my days have been occupied with work. Other than managing it, I’m also dealing with opening a second branch in Seoul, which made me busier than before.

I sighed in relief when I finally reached the house and turned the car towards the garage. I didn’t park it properly anymore. I just made sure that it was completely inside the garage before I shut the engine off and closed the garage. I unfastened my seatbelt and pulled out the keys before I opened the door and climbed out of the car. I closed the door and smiled when I felt Yongkeey brushing her body on my legs, greeting me right away.

“Hey…” I whispered to her as I crouched down and flinched when she attacked me with her kisses, making me giggle at her. “Yongkeey… That’s enough. Stop it.” I gently pushed her face away from me and petted her. “Are you watching over Yongjae and Yongsun for me? How are they?” I asked but she only softly whimpered from the caresses I’m giving her.

I kissed her head before I stood up and motioned for her to follow me. “Let’s get inside now” I said to her while she followed closely behind me.

I opened the door that connects the garage to the dining area and kitchen part of the main floor. Yongkeey ran ahead of me the moment I opened the door for her, leaving me by myself now. I went to the kitchen sink first and washed my face off of Yongkeey’s kisses before drying it off then I headed to the stairs.

I stopped in the middle of the living room when I saw a huge lump on the couch and Yongkeey standing close to it. I sighed heavily and headed to the couch instead, pouting when I saw Yongsun sleeping on the couch to wait for me again.

I patted Yongkeey’s head and smiled at her. “I see you’ve been watching over Yongsun like you promised. Good job, Yongkeey. You’ve been such a good girl” I whispered to her before I pointed at her bed in the corner of the room. “You should go to sleep now too”

I waited for her to settle down in her bed before I sat on the edge of the couch. I sighed heavily as I pouted at Yongsun who’s curled up on the couch. I tucked some of her loose strands before I cupped her cheek and tenderly caressed my thumb on it.

I’ve been telling her not to wait for me anymore and just go to bed. She continuously ignored it and still slept here to wait for me. She’s been working with me in the café, which gives us an opportunity to spend more time together. However, due to my plans of opening up more branches, we couldn’t even eat our meals together now. I would only drop by the office for a couple of minutes. We could only exchange a hi and goodbye before I’d be heading out again.

It felt like I’ve failed as Yongjae’s mommy and Yongsun’s girlfriend. My Mom and Dad had an issue before because Dad spent way too much time at work, which I only knew because of my current situation now. I told Mom about this and she told me about her struggles with Dad’s overworking behavior. I asked her if this is okay because I’m doing this for us and she said that it will only be an issue if Yongsun said so. If it’s okay for Yongsun, then that’s okay. If it’s not, then I should probably rethink my decisions.

The thing is, Yongsun never complained because she knows where I’m going and she fully trusts me that I won’t cheat on her. I never planned on cheating on her. No way. But I also feel like she’s not complaining because she felt indebted towards me. I told Sica about this and she told me to talk to Yongsun because that’s the only way I would know what Yongsun feels. Maybe I should really talk to her before everything’s too late already.

“Did you just get back here?”

I jumped on my seat and pulled my hand away from Yongsun’s cheek when she suddenly spoke, startling me. She grabbed my hand and placed it on her cheek again while her eyes were still closed. She sighed from content and pressed my hand further on her cheek while I resumed rubbing my thumb on it.

“Did you just arrive here?”

“I arrived a few minutes ago”

She breathed deeply as she slowly opened her eyes to look at me. She kissed my palm before she reached a hand to me and held my shoulder. She pulled my face closer to her and kissed me. “You like to stare at my face while I sleep?” she asked before she pulled me to her again and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

I cupped her cheeks and moved closer to her. I placed a long kiss on her forehead, making her sigh heavily. Then I went down to her closed eyelids, noticing from her eyes how exhausted she was. Lastly, I pressed our lips together, kissing her the longest there.

“I love staring at you even when you’re not asleep”

“You’ve grown very cheesy now, my love” she whispered, lazily smiling at me.

I pouted at her and said, “I’m just telling the truth”

“If we’re fully disclosing ourselves, then I love staring at you all the time as well”

I scrunched up my nose and teasingly whispered, “You’re copying me”

She chucked at me as she brought my face back to her and kissed me again. “Let’s go to bed. You must be very exhausted already.” She reached both of her hands to me and I held them before I pulled her and helped her sit up. “Have you eaten dinner?” she suddenly asked, her eyebrows slightly furrowed at me.

“I have”

“Are you hungry? I could hear complaints from your stomach. You want me to make you something?”

“It’s okay. We’ll be going to sleep anyway”

“Did you really have dinner?” she asked, cupping my cheek as she worriedly scanned her eyes all over my face.

“I did. I just got hungry on my way back here…”

“Should I prepare noodles for you while you take a shower?”

My tongue automatically ran over my lips before I gulped hard, my mouth salivating already at the thought of smoking hot noodles. I heard Yongsun softly laughing beside me while her arms went around my waist. I bent my head low and pouted at my lap, blushing from embarrassment.

“Go take a shower. I’ll prepare your noodles for you.” She kissed my cheek before she turned my face to her and kissed my pouting lips. “Go check on Yongjae when you’re upstairs. Our baby was looking for his Mommy Whee before he fell asleep”

“He was?”

“Of course. He always looks for you when he goes to sleep because you always hum to him. He’s used to listening to your humming before he falls asleep.” She gently patted my cheek before she moved out of the couch to stand up. “Up. Shower. Get back here to eat”

I sighed heavily as I stood up and nodded at her. I kissed her cheek and whispered. “Thank you. I love you”

“I love you too,” she said, smiling wide at me.

I tucked her hair to her ears when it fell down to her face, smiling at her when I saw how she slightly blushed at my gesture. She playfully rolled her eyes at me and pinched my cheek before she went to the kitchen while I headed upstairs.

I went to Yongjae’s room first. I slowly pushed the door open and peeked inside to see if I woke him up. I left the door open and quietly walked towards his crib. A small smile was automatically on my face when I saw his slightly opened mouth and his tiny fists one either side of him.

I carefully lowered down one side of his crib, my eyes on him the whole time to make sure that I wouldn’t wake him up. I sighed in relief when he was still quietly sleeping before I knelt on the floor right beside his crib. I leaned forward and kissed his cheeks and forehead before I sat on the floor. I reached for his tiny fist and held it as I stared at his sleeping face.

“Your Mommy said that you were looking for me, little guy” I whispered to him as I stared at my thumb tracing his fingers. “I’m sorry Mommy Whee wasn’t able to hum you to sleep. I was really busy…” I sighed heavily as I pouted at his sleeping face. “Am I being a bad mommy, Yongjae? Was Mommy Whee a bad mommy, Yongjae?”

I placed Yongjae’s hand down on his crib again. Then I bent forward and placed my chin on the space right beside his face. I pouted at him, feeling his warm breath on my face and hearing his very soft snores. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the feeling of his breath and the sound of his snores.

“Wheein…”

I instantly sat up when I heard Yongsun’s voice and saw her coming inside Yongjae’s bedroom with a tray in her hands. I could see steam coming off from the bowl of noodles on the tray. My nose caught a whiff of the smell of noodles, which made my stomach grumble loudly and my mouth salivate again.

She softly chuckled at me when she heard my stomach again as she made her way towards the crib. “I told you to go back downstairs but here you are, camping in front of Yongjae’s crib. I got impatient waiting for you and just headed here”

“I’m sorry.” I grabbed the tray from her and slowly placed it down on the floor while she sat beside me. “I just couldn’t leave him right away”

“It’s okay.” She picked up the spoon and scooped a spoonful of soup from the bowl. She blew on it before she raised it up and fed me. “Open”

I pouted at her and mumbled, “You don’t have…”

“Open” she whispered again and I instantly leaned forward and opened my mouth. “I wanted to so please stop complaining”

“Okay…”

“How was it?”

“More…” I slightly turned my body to her so she could feed me properly. “Noodles too”

She smiled at me and picked up the chopsticks then slightly turned her body to face me. She fed me noodles this time and while I was chewing on it, I grabbed the spoon on the tray and fed her the soup too. We continued feeding each other, pausing when Yongjae would move in his crib before we resumed eating.

I grabbed the glass of water Yongsun brought with her and let her drink water first. I wiped her chin with my thumb before I brought the glass to my lips and drank the rest of the water. I placed the glass back on the tray and covered my mouth when a loud burp escaped out of me.

“Was it that good?” Yongsun asked beside me.

I smiled as I nodded at her. “Thank you”

She placed her arm on my shoulders and pulled me closer to her, making me lean my head on her shoulder. She kissed the top of my head before she leaned her cheek on it. “I heard what you said to Yongjae earlier. I was already outside of the room at that time. Why do you think that?”

I sighed heavily and closed my eyes before I whispered, “It’s been almost a week since I haven’t put him to sleep. I only drive you here then I’d go back to work right away when I should’ve stayed like before. You even said that he was looking for me earlier”

“I can take care of him. You don’t have to worry about that”

I pulled away from Yongsun’s shoulder, making her sit up. I pouted at her and whispered, “Am I being a bad girlfriend to you, Yongsun? Did I fail to be your girlfriend?”

She frowned at me even before I finished my first question and frowned even more when I asked the second question. “Why do you think that too?”

“Because I’ve spent even less time with you and Yongjae than before. We couldn’t even go out or just spend time with each other alone when Yongjae’s with Eric just like I promised to you after I completed the expansion. It felt like I failed to be your girlfriend and Yongjae’s mommy”

She only chuckled at me as she shook her head, making me frown at her. She cupped my cheek and caressed her thumb on it. The way she looked at me with so much love just made me feel guiltier.

“You’re doing fine”

“Should I just cancel opening three more branches?”

“I told you, I’m not going to involve myself when it comes to decisions like that. It’s your café. You do whatever you want to do with it”

I pouted at her while she laughed at me again and pinched my cheek. “Are you mad at me that I couldn’t spend more time with you?”

“I’m not mad at you”

“But?” I asked, sensing more to her answer.

“Nothing. Nothing more”

“Tell me…” I softly whined. I couldn’t help but whine when there’s obviously more to her answer.

“Why are you being stubborn?”

“Because you are being stubborn too…” I grabbed her other hand and placed it on my cheek as well before I held her hand that was already on my cheek. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, feeling the warmth coming off from her hands.

“Is this an invitation to let me pinch your cheeks?” she teasingly whispered while I shook my head.

“Mom and Dad used to fight before because Dad spent so much time working back when we were very young. Mom told me that she was trying to be understanding and patient with Dad's situation. It was okay at first but it felt too much to her sometimes that it caused a very big fight between them.” I looked at her again while she instantly avoided my gaze. “They even considered separating because of it. Mom said to Dad that if Dad isn't acting as a father to us and a husband to her anymore, then there’s no point in staying together when Mom, me, and Sica couldn’t feel his presence anymore”

I kissed Yongsun’s palms before I wrapped her arms around my shoulders. I held her waist and pulled her closer to me, making her straddle my lap. Then I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed the corners of her lips where her dimples are. “I know it’s just been almost a week that I’ve been very busy but I don’t want us to reach that point. I want you to tell me if you’re not okay or if I’ve been missing out a lot on Yongjae. I’m grateful that you’re so patient and understanding but you might feel too tired about it too, so please tell me. Tell me so I could reconsider my decisions”

“I don’t want to interfere with your decisions either” she whispered softly.

“But I have you and Yongjae too. You’re part of my decisions, Yongsun. You’re always my priority. Please tell me what you truly feel and not what you think I should hear from you”

She buried her face on my neck while I closed my eyes and hugged her tightly. “I don’t like having to eat my meals without you, especially during dinner. I never complained because it’s work and it’s important but it’s been so long since we’re inside the house together. We’re only here to sleep and rush out for work. Yongjae has been whining because he didn’t see much of his Mommy Whee. He’s still a baby so he couldn’t understand when I say that you have to work. He misses you. We missed you”

“I’m sorry…” I kissed her cheek while I felt her hand caressing my back. “I’ll just cancel working on opening three more branches”

“Really? Why?” she asked as she pulled away from my shoulder to look at me, her eyebrows furrowing while she frowned at me. “You’re going to cancel just like that? So easily?”

“Of course”

“I just said that we missed you. You don’t have to cancel that”

“But I chose to do it”

“How about hiring more staff so you have people working with you to pursue the other three branches? You can do that”

I pouted at her as I whispered, “I can’t do that. I don’t like having to talk to a lot of people. It’s even difficult for me to talk to the managers that I hired even when I knew them already. I don’t like that”

“Then how about those three more branches that you wanted to add?”

“I only thought of them because I wanted to provide better for you and Yongjae. If working on them takes up my time of spending with you and him, then I don’t think that’s better either. I’ll just stay in the Seoul branch and focused on it, especially that Hyejin and Byul will be expecting soon”

“You’ll really do that?” she asked again while I smiled and nodded at her without any hesitation. “Really?”

I giggled at her as I nodded again. “Of course. I’ll reconsider that option again when I really have to. Maybe hire more staff like you suggested but for now, I don’t have to”

She frowned at me while I continued to smile at her. Then her eyes slowly narrowed while I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from giggling. “Wheein…” she whispered as she gave me a pointed look.

“Yongsun…”

“What are you doing?”

“I’m not doing anything”

Her eyes suddenly widened before she narrowed them again while I just cheekily smiled at her. One of my hands was already under her shirt a while ago, my middle finger tracing her spine while we were talking. I’ve gotten so used to feeling her skin when it’s just the two of us, especially at night, that it was natural for me to insert my hand under her shirt without thinking much about it.

I just unhooked her bra a second ago just to .

“You’re playing a dangerous game in front of our son” she whispered softly.

“I was just teasing you” I whispered, fixing her bra right away.

“Stop it…” She kissed my cheek and buried her nose in my neck, inhaling my scent. “You stink already, love. You should be done showering once I’m done washing the dishes. I want to cuddle already.” She quickly kissed my neck before she got off my lap and picked up the tray on the floor. “Shower already” she whispered then headed out of the room.

“I will”

I moved to Yongjae and kissed his cheek again. “Good night, little guy. I should go before your Mommy gets mad at me”

I kissed him one last time before I fixed his crib and exited his room. I have to take a quick shower now. I miss Yongsun’s cuddles and squeezes too even though they sometimes feel like she wanted to squeeze the life out of me.

 

“We’re giving Yongkeey bath today, little guy”

“Ki?”

“Yes. Ki. Bath. Water.” I pushed my face on his neck and took a huge inhale, making him tense his shoulders as he giggled. “Smell good”

“Ki bath?”

“That’s right! Ki bath so she’ll smell good like Yongjae”

He pointed at the mini car I was carrying with my other hand. “Vroom vroom! Jae play? Mommy Whee play? Ki play?”

I smiled as I excitedly nodded my head while he instantly clapped his hands and shrieked from excitement. I passed the mini car to Yongsun before I carried Yongjae with both of my arms. “Thank you” I said to Yongsun while she stole a kiss on Yongjae’s cheek.

“Kyu…” Yongjae whispered while we both laughed at him.

We closed the café today because Byul w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter