Competitive Person

Me and The Princess

From here and forward, it will be talking about Seulgi and Irene's past. So it won't be in italic form. I will give further notice if it's necessary. Enjoy!


RING!

 

“The arguments earlier was certainly unnecessary. What were you both thinking? Today is the first day of lectures and you both are what? Show off?” 

After all the student leave the classroom, Joohyun and Seulgi was the only student left. Right now getting lecture again about their behavior. Saying that their behavior was unacceptable and was childish. When honestly, they both enjoy the competition between them that surely arise tomorrow morning. Yes, right now they are officially enemies.

“I admire the two of you for having such broad knowledge. But I suggest you two to minimalize the knowledge you have and choose wisely which one that is related to our material. Miss Bae. Are we clear about this?” Asked Mr. Choi.

“Yes, sir”

Seulgi on the other hand can’t help but to chuckle. While Joohyun heard that, she glare at Seulgi and surely remind herself this girl is very annoying human being.

“Now you two can go” 

They gather their things and walkout of the classroom. Standing at the classroom door both of them look at each other thinking who should go first. Obviously Seulgi is mocking Joohyun as she bow to Joohyun. Earlier she called her a pricess and sure her action right now is obviously mocking her.

Joohyun can’t help but to feel damn annoyed and walk out of the room didn’t notice Jennie was waiting for her. She immediately follow Joohyun and nudge her once they are in the same rythme.

“So how did it go?”

“Perfectly annoying! I was right you know! Yet that girl really embarrassed me infront of the whole class!”

“Well you weren’t wrong but they also not wrong” said Jennie.

It make Joohyun stop walking and glare at Jennie. Jennie obviously notice it and raise her shoulder as a sign of innocent. She’s not wrong actually.

“Whose side are you taking, Jennie?”

“It’s not about side, Joohyun. Will you please stop being a drama queen and see the big picture for once?”

Joohyun sigh. This surely unlike her and Kang Seulgi is the reason. 

“I’m sorry. It just...Kang Seulgi is a very annoying person” Jennie nodded.

“How about we eat? That surely cheer you up!” Jennie suggested and Joohyun smile immedietly.

 

“Trouble in the first day? Well done my friend!” Said Wendy.

“Thanks?” Said Seulgi a bit unsure to take it as compliment or sarcasm.

Wendy just chuckle. Since now they are roommates, Seulgi notice how Wendy could be very weird yet fun in her own ways. Can’t really describe how but Seulgi always been a very slow person when it comes to sarcasm, etc. Wendy is a person who love to be sarcastic. Nevertheless, Seulgi is comfortable with Wendy’s companion. 

So here they are. Walking side by side heading towards the cafeteria. They still have about 15 minutes before their next class. Some of the students are going to the library and some prefer to eat in the cafeteria. 

“Hey” 

“Mm?”

“Are you still up with the challenge?” Asked Wendy.

The challenge? Right. As you probably already know, the past two days they spent for orientation program. Where some of the events required them to be split into groups of five people. Wendy and Seulgi are in the same group. At the same time they met new people. The three other people are Joy, Rose, and Lisa. 

Only two days and they get so close. Even win most of them team challenge. Because of that, in their last meeting Wendy decided to come up with her own challenge. Seulgi already knows that but she didn’t know Wendy really mean to do it. Wendy asked the other three about this challengen and of course all of them are surprise. 

The whole nation never get the chance to see the royal princess face. Never. Because the palace really keep them away from public really well. Almost make it very mysterious. Many rumors about the princess came out to public. Some of them didn’t really make sense. Seulgi wasn’t quiet sure about the challenge because if Wendy happen to be wrong then it will be such a waste of time and energy. But seeing Wendy is so damn serious about this make Seulgi wonder if it really true.

“Do you really think what you heard was right?” Asked Seulgi. 

“Don’t be a , Seulgi. It just a matter of time until the princess will be reveal to the whole nation. Before that, we should seen her face first before anyone else does”

“Why are you so determine to know the princess face?” 

“You heard the rumors. I wanted to prove exactly that the rumors are wrong”

There Seulgi thought Wendy was one of the person who hates the monarch. Yet here she is. Bombarding her with a shocking news. 

“I thought you hate the monarch”

“Why would I? The King had done great things in the past and I adore him. I had no doubt the princesses are the same as their father”

“Hmm” said Seulgi. 

“So, are you in?”

Seulgi sigh. She knew Wendy won’t stop bothering her until she say yes. As a matter of fact, she really is curious too about the princess face. No one ever seen one except those who are in the palace.

“Alright” said Seulgi.

“That’s my girl! Oh there they are! Joy!” 

“Ya! What took you guys so long?!” Yelled Joy.

“My friend here got herself in trouble” said Wendy dramatically which earn a slap on her back from Seulgi.

The other three girls have been waiting for them in the cafetaria. The whole place is full of students. Seulgi would describe the place like the Harry Potter main hall. It’s huge and very ancient with those chandeliers above them. Lightning up the whole place. Making the whole place look very elegant and bright. Honestly this is one of the place she love to be.

“You’re not as innocent as your look, I pressume” said Rose.

“Great job, Seulgi! Keep up the good work, girl!” Said Lisa which earn a slap from Rose, her girlfriend.

Seulgi could only shake her head. She can’t believe she’s friend with childish girls like them. But their companios are quiet comfortable, she should say.

“Look, look! There Seulgi’s enemy sitting two tables from us!” Said Wendy.

“Ya!” 

Lisa, Rose, and Joy immedietly turn their head to the back and find the only person they could find. None other than Sulli. The most lonely girl in the entire school. No ones want to be friend with her because she’s weird. Of course Wendy is teasing Seulgi.

“I’m not surprise” said Joy.

“Joy!” Yelled Seulgi.

“Me too” said Lisa.

“Ugh...you guys are unbelievable” said Seulgi as she decided to just eat her food instead of listening to them. They laugh seeing how naive and innocent Seulgi is. 

“It was a joke, Seulgi. You wouldn’t want to deal with Sulli. She’s quiet a bad news. Anyway here is the real one. Bae Joohyun” said Wendy as she point the girl who are sitting four tables from them. 

The other doesn’t have to look because just hearing the name, they already know which one. Well, Bae Joohyun not only famous for her intelligence, she is also famous for her beauty. Some say she has eternal beauty. Can’t help but to agree actually. Even Seulgi agree. But after seeing her personality, her beauty drop 1%. Just 1%.

“Oh well look at you. Already aiming the beauty?” Teased Joy.

“It was just a small argument” said Seulgi.

“If it was a small argument, you wouldn’t end up getting scold by Mr. Choi” 

Seulgi glare at Wendy before continue to eat.

“Your science teacher is Mr. Choi?!” Asked Rose.

“Yes” said Seulgi and Wendy together.

“Can we exchange class?! I want to be teach by him! He is so handsome!” Said Rose which make Lisa glare at her.

“Ya! What about me?! I’m your girlfriend!”

“Oh honey, don’t be jealous like that! The King doesn’t even care about our ual orientation! So you don’t have to care about me”

“WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?!” 

Here they go. Joy, Wendy, and Seulgi would prefer to stay away from their business. After all, they inseparable. They will be okay later.

“So what were you two arguing about?” Asked Joy. 

This time Seulgi decide to talk since she doesn’t want Wendy to bring false information.

“Just stuff whether we should add more information about why an airplane can fly”

“Such as?”

“Air pressure and such. I thought it was unnecessary because it was an introduction to law of bernoulli. I suggested not to broaden the information but Bae Joohyun insisted that we must”

“Who wins?”

“Me of course. But Bae Joohyun seems can’t accept that” 

“I heard she’s quiet a competitive person” said Joy.

“She sure is” said Seulgi mumbling to herself. 

RING!

“The bell save us all, I guess” said Joy refering to the couple who haven’t stop fighting at each other.

“What’s next?” Asked Seulgi to Wendy as she gather all her plates before putting it back to the kitchen counter.

“Your favorite subject. Math”

 

“Ah!” 

“Ah!!!” 

“What is wrong with you?”

“Me? You surprised me first!” Yelled Joohyun defending herself.

“Right. Sorry. I just realize something”

That makes Joohyun shift her attention to Jennie. After all, she’s having her last bite of today’s lu ch. Currently they are killing time in the cafeteria before their next class. Jennie seemed very occupied earlier and because of that she realized something. Something that bother her mind since the first subject.

“What is it?”

“It’s been bothering me since the science class and I happen to remember that Kang Seulgi is the awardee student” 

That is why her name sounds very familiar to Jennie and she was quiet bothered with it because she can’t seemed to remember. But now she can, it all make sense why Kang Seulgi acted that way. That is because she is just smart as Joohyun! Everybody knows in order to be awardees requires high intelligence of knowloedge and information, soft skills, and good personality. Kang Seulgi obviously have everything that is why she is accepted in this school. Otherwise, she wouldn’t be here. In conclusion, Joohyun is competing against an awardee. Who actually came here because she is really smart. Well, the RV high school is known for its hard acceptance tests. It’s not easy to get the scholarship and also to join here.

“She’s the awardee?”

“Yes! Didn’t you heard? Her name was called during the first day together with the other awardee. Apparently they share the same room” said Jennie.

Well, Joohyun did pay attention but surely she forgets about it. But to think of it again, Kang Seulgi’s name really is familiar. Since Jennie brought that up, it makes sense why Seulgi’s name felt kind a familiar. Because probably she heard her names during the first day. Or else where would she heard her name? 

“That’s explain the brain” said Joohyun.

“Congratulation, my friend. You are competing with an awardee”

“No pressure. She probably the one who replace me” 

Jennie looked at her weirdly. More like questioning. Ah right! Joohyun haven’t tell her yet.

“I got the scholarship” said Joohyun.

“WHAT THE HELL?!” Yelled Jennie loudly which make everybody stare at their place. 

“Lower your voice, will ya?”

“Can’t help it. Why didn’t you tell me? And you mean by replace, you turn it down?!” Joohyun nodded easily. 

Before they applied, Joohyun told Jennie that she will be testing for the scholarship too. Of course Jennie had no doubt Joohyun won't be getting the scholarship. With her high intellectual and good personality, sure she will get the scholarship easily. Unlike her, Jennie has to put extra effort to finally get the scholarship.

And she tend to avoid hardship. Therefore, she applied using the normal test where most of the candidates prefer. The numbers of applicants who applied using the normal test have high potential to be accepted. So, here she is. Back again under the same roof with Bae Joohyun, her bestie.

Now the question is, why the hell Joohyun turn it down? Didn't she want it in the first place?

"Why?!" asked Jennie.

"Because I want to test myself whether I am fit to be a student here or not. Since I got the scholarship and I don't really need it, I turn it down and give my place to someone else who really needs it. So, it could be Seulgi or the other one who replace me in the Awardee position" said Joohyun.

Somehow, Jennie couldn't understand the way Bae Joohyun is thinking. But one thing she know for sure is that, Bae Joohyun and her smartass are the one who make her become a very competitive person.

"You...and you're competitiveness. I don't know how the hell I could bear with you this whole time" said Jennie which made Joohyun chuckle.

RING!

Both girls immedietly gather their things and put their plates back to the kitchen counter before going for their next class.