Peek-A-Boo

Me and The Princess

"Do you think she will talk?"

"We will force her to," said Wendy fearless. 

"This is a bad idea. We are not kidnappers!" Said Lisa as always being the drama queen.

"Stop being a drama queen!" Said, Rose.

"You agree with this? If we want her to talk, we could just talk with her nicely!" Wendy rolled her eyes.

She cannot believe she's friends with Lisa. That girl seriously believes they can talk with Sulli nicely like a normal person. Well, if you want to catch a beast, you must fight it first.

"I will pretend that I didn't hear any of this," said Wendy.

Previously, Seulgi brief them on what she discussed with Joohyun. Of course, she left Joohyun out of the conversation saying it's been bothering her a lot since last night.

She told her that Sulli might make a mistake that made Mr. Choi show himself that day. Her mistake would have been the moment Rose pretended to be the princess.

Mr. Choi knew that they have found out what Sulli was looking for and she almost blew her cover as the stalker. 

Seulgi told them, they need to catch Sulli tonight. Kidnap her to be exact and bring her to Seulgi's and Wendy's room for interrogation. Meanwhile, Seulgi said she is meeting with an informant which they believe it. Not Wendy of course. However, she didn't ask any further.

"Are we seriously going to do this?" Asked Lisa.

"Stop being a coward, Lis! Do you forget the real reason we're doing this?" Asked Rose who is walking behind Lisa.

"We were sedated! Then now we become kidnappers? I didn't sign up for this!"

She had enough of this useless argument. Wendy turned herself around, facing Lisa who look very much scared and annoyed. 

"If you didn't sign up for this then you may excuse yourself right now before I send you to Mr. Choi myself!" Said Wendy sending a threat to Lisa who immediately went silent.

Wendy never really appreciate the silence before. Once they arrive at their destination, Wendy sends signals to Lisa and Rose to get ready in their position. 

It's now or never, thought Wendy.

 

"What is this place?"

"A secret passageway that was built during the Korean War and now it became some sort of a museum for the Royal Family. You could call it that," said Jinyoung with a smile on his face, and Joohyun smiled along with him. 

"The books....it's real?" Joohyun nodded.

"Those books were written by King Arthur the third. My great-great-great uncle. This is the place where he hid himself during the Korean War to protect the country from being taken by North Korea. During his hiding time, he wrote those books and the palace decided to renovate this place and then turn it into the palace's secret museum. The books we have in the library were fake," said Joohyun. 

It was exactly like how you see it in a movie. The difference is they provided a few air conditioners which make the place feel cool. 

With rocks as the wall, it still gives you the ancient vibes, classic! A smile formed on Seulgi face as she look around the place and ended up in front of a bookshelf that is locked.  

She could guess those books inside are history books. Full of the Royal Family secrets.

"Joohyun had briefed me on the situation you guys have," said Jinyoung which made Seulgi confused with how he addressed the princess.

"It's fine. Jinyoung is my closest friend in the palace. His family has worked with us from generation to generation. I trust him with my life," said Joohyun. 

Jinyoung nodded lightly before he continues,

"In my honest opinion, the situation is quite complicated here, Joohyun," said Jinyoung showing how concerned he is.

"That's why I called you. We need your help."

"If you have asked Team A to," before Jinyoung could even finish his sentence, Joohyun cut him off.

"Out of all people, you know that Team A works for my father and I don't want to burden him more than he already has right now. Jinyoung-ah, keep this between us, please," said Joohyun. 

Seulgi who witnessed the interaction between them cannot help but feel jealous. They look so close and Joohyun dared to beg him. Meanwhile, it took her hundreds of arguments with Bae Joohyun before the princess could finally lay her guard down.

The world is truly unfair.

Jinyoung sigh. Though he feels like he is betraying the King, he cannot run away from Joohyun's request. After all, it is his job to protect the Royal Family specifically Joohyun and Yeri.

They are under his protection and Joohyun summoned him first which only means he has to obey. 

"I must protect you, your highness. That's why before I came here, I reviewed the palace map and connect it with the Seulgi-sshi plan. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to you for protecting the Royal Princess and your plan was incredible. I bet if we work together now, the plan will become even more perfect than it already was," said Jinyoung. 

Seulgi just hummed at the compliment because she is still jealous of him.

"I heard that you two are going to perform during the school anniversary?"

"Yes," said the girls together.

"That will be the time we catch Choi Minho," said Jinyoung.

"But Jinyoung, my father will be there," said Joohyun.

"Don't worry. The King will know nothing about this," said Jinyoung assuring Joohyun there is nothing to worry about. Only deep down, he regretted that he is keeping a secret from Joohyun regarding her father.

Though Joohyun is still not sure whether this is a good idea or not, however, the faster they move, the faster they catch the bad guy. Jinyoung waited patiently for Joohyun's ' yes'. 

He can only move if Joohyun agrees with his plan. Otherwise, he has to come up with another plan which he already prepared with his team. He might propose his plan B if plan A fails which he hopes won't happen. 

After contemplating with herself, Joohyun sighed. The plan is risky and she is aware of that but she trusts Jinyoung. She nodded at the end.

"Alright, thank you Joohyun. We will try to grab his attention to make a move during that event. So, here is the plan..."

 

The young soldier bowed before he left, leaving the two girls behind closed doors. Seulgi just heard an absurd yet amazing plan. Though she hates to admit it, Jinyoung is incredibly amazing.

It takes a lot of courage to execute the plan and all of them are aware of the risks. However, Bae Joohyun is even more... triggered to go with the plan even though one of the risks is her getting kidnap.

Of course, Seulgi almost denied the plan but the princess insisted and who is she to deny the order from a princess? A princess who is in the first line to take the throne.

"I trust you with this secret, Seulgi," said Joohyun.

"You can count on me," said Seulgi. 

For a while, Joohyun took her time to stare at the girl in front of her. It's funny when she remembers how they went from enemies to friends. 

What's funnier is how Seulgi makes her feel protected and comfortable when she's around her. Joohyun barely knew the girl other than she knew Seulgi's father is a professor at SM University and she is a talented young woman. 

Now, she's here. Risking her life to protect the princess of South Korea. Weird...but she is living proof that the citizen of South Korea respects the Monarch and are loyal to them.

Another reason for Joohyun to be grateful to meet Seulgi. 

"Can I walk you back, princess?"

"You don't need to call me that, Seulgi. It's unnecessary," said Joohyun while looking away because she can feel herself blushing at the way Seulgi called her that.

"But you are and I would like to express my respects by calling you that when it's just the two of us," said Seulgi.

"With you willing to risk your life to protect me is enough to show your respects to the Monarch and I'm grateful for that. You don't need to address me formally like that, please," said Joohyun.

"Rare to see you begging. Alright. I'm not going to argue with you anymore. We had enough of that in the past," said Seulgi with her teasing smile and walk away from Joohyun, leaving the princess to chuckle before joining her.

 

"We're ing serious about this," said Lisa freaking out.

"You get a better idea?" Asked Wendy.

"I have to say...she's quite strong for a woman," said Rose completely exhausted lying on the floor.

"Is she dead?"

"No, she's not. Stop scaring me, Lisa!" said Wendy.

"You basically punch her in the ince and then passed out! Or you believe she passed out, I don't know!"

"Shut up, Lisa! We didn't kill her, alright?" said Rose getting annoyed with her girlfriend.

Wendy dropped herself to the floor and leaned back on the wall for support and relieved a big sigh. They just caught the suspect which they must admit it was a bad idea. 

Sulli was definitely strong. Even with the three of them...two of them since Lisa kind of freaked out during the whole...never mind. 

Basically, it was Rose and Wendy who were struggling to get Sulli to quiet and it was definitely a hard job to catch her. Rose had to tie Sulli's hands to prevent her from doing anything harmful.

Meanwhile, Wendy was in charge of the upper body. She put a blindfold around Sulli's head and she almost got hit right on the head when Sulli was trying to fight. 

Punching her was never on the agenda but it was necessary to do, Otherwise, Sulli would have escaped and reported this action to the principal. 

Something they do not want to happen and deal with at the moment. They must think of something else to keep Sulli's mouth shut after their interview.

Yeah, interview Wendy said. More like an interrogation. 

Aside from that, Sulli was very defensive and who wouldn't be like that when she knows she's being kidnapped? Of course, she will defend herself and Wendy had to do it.

Sulli happened to see her face because she drop the blindfold due to reflect to punch her. It didn't matter after all. She will see everybody's faces eventually.

What matter is that Wendy didn't realize she actually has the guts to punch someone else. To hurt someone. It did scare her off a little bit but it was for the best...

Who knows what Sulli is capable of? She's one of the suspects that want to kill the princess of South Korea. She might be a blackbelt in Taekwondo or other martial arts.

Best to 

"Do you hurt anywhere, Rose?"

"Minor injuries aren't harmful...I guess. You?"

"Other than bruises on my arms, I'm fine," said Wendy.

"Guys, this is a bad idea," said Lisa interrupting the two exhausted girls.

"SHUT UP LISA!" said both of them together. 

They are exhausted enough to deal with Lisa. Surely they never thought it could be this exhausting. After all, who would have known that behind Sulli's small body, she has the same strength as those in the Olympics?

"What should we do next?" Asked Rose.

"We wait," said Wendy.

 

On their way back to the dormitory, both girls remain silenced as they were having deep thoughts. Until Seulgi opens a conversation. 

"We'll have to stay at SM University this weekend again," said Seulgi.

Joohyun hummed. If previously she would say she didn't anticipate this nor excited about it, deep down she actually looking forward to it. Jennie would probably go insane if she hear about this.

Which gives Joohyun reason not to tell her. Best to keep it cool and lowkey when you're with Kim Jennie.

"Uhmm...last week we didn't really get the chance to look around campus...so....uhmm...would you like me to take you on a tour...around campus?" Asked Seulgi.

The princess can't help but notice the hesitation behind Seulgi's voice. It's too obvious for her not to notice. She furrowed her eyebrow and think maybe she would take this chance to tease the young girl.

"Why the hesitation, Seulgi?"

"N-no! I didn't hesitate!"

"You did"

"No, I didn't!"

"Yes, you did"

"No, I did no!"

Joohyun chuckles. 

"Whatever, Seulgi," said Joohyun laughing it off.

Although Seulgi wanted to argue more, she can't help but chuckle. The princess of South Korea, the ice princess can actually tease someone.

She nudge her lightly and Joohyun could only laugh as she respond because they have finally arrived at their destination. Joohyun's bedroom. 

"Thank you for tonight. I really appreciate everything," said Joohyun. Seulgi smiled.

"It's my duty," said Seulgi.

"No, it's not"

Seulgi could only smile before she walk away. 

"Hey, Seulgi," Joohyun called.

"Yes?"

Should she ask her? The reason why she always mentioned that this is her duty. To protect her when it's not. What makes her think that?

Joohyun is always curious about it and wondering what's the reason behind that. She knew Seulgi told her the reason but...Joohyun felt like there is more than just she is the princess of South Korea.

The symbol of modernization. 

But...maybe she shouldn't ask. Maybe...she should just let Seulgi do whatever she thinks she is doing...Or maybe...Joohyun is afraid of her real answer.

"Nothing. Good night" said Joohyun before she open her bedroom door. 

 

Sneak Peek

 

"What in the world just happened in my room?!"

 

"I'm not his accomplice, okay? I'm insane enough to decline his offer"

 

"It's her...she's been under our nose for all this time..."