Happiness

Lupine

"Find her!"

A roaring voice boomed through the large fields of lupin flowers. Fearing that the nasty party of the general would get her, she ran as fast as her legs could. Her dressed ripped and stained of dirt, she held her dress tightly, looking for that one person she longs for.

"What is this flower called?" The short haired asked with curiosity, holding the unusual flower in her hands.

"This one is called lupine, my lady. Aren't you curious on why I gave you such a peculiar flower?"  The woman dressed in men's clothing asked. She received a shrugged from the lady, letting herself chuckle a little.

"Positive outlook leads to the discovery of new opportunities." She said to the lady who was confused on why she'd give a flower with a meaning so... confusing.

"What are you trying to say, Sowon?" The woman named Sowon looked at the lady ight through her eyes, giving a look of desperation and hope.

"My lady, at sunset on the third of next month, you'll find answers by the field of lupine."

Answers were the only thing she was looking for, so why was she running away like her life depended on it? Her feet was full of cuts as she ran barefooted on the field. Still, there was no sign of the person she wishes to see whenever she felt her grasp on things started to loosen.

"I'm not a person who you could talk to about it, but I'd be sure to give you my ear as long as you lean on me, my lady." As if she knew what was on the lady's mind, she looked away from her to give the lady her privacy.

Without notice, the lady leaned on her shoulder and started to weep. She clutched the woman's cloak, tightening every now and then as emotions seem to seep through.

"I only w-wanted to make things right. I n-never wished to turn out like this."

The lady was wetting the woman's brown cloak but she knows it is not the time to be complaining about her old clothes. Sensing that the lady wouldn't be calming anytime soon, she hesitantly patted the back of the lady. Coming to her senses, the lady pulled away first.

"I apologize for ruining your clothes and for leaning on you, it's very unlady of me to do so."

"My lady, you need not to apologize. It is me who told the lady to lean on me and I am never taking my words back. Please, lean on me when you can't find a pillar to lean on."

She was starting to get tired of running, and the sound of hurried footsteps behind her was not helping at all. Her thoughts drifted to her. Her eyes, her nose, and her lips that she would like to taste. Having her by her side was a fever dream that she would want to replay for years.

"There she is!"

The voice that used to make her feel safe was nothing but an unpleasant sound now. She was tired of running aimlessly without a destination to go and so, she stayed there rooted at her place.

"My lady!" There it is, the voice that she had been wanting to hear since the last time she held her close. The woman reached her and englufed her in her arms.

"We need to go now—"

"You're not going anywhere, Sojung of the West, specially that you have the Lady of this country." The man growled to the woman he named Sojung. The latter pulled away from the hug, she pulled the lady behind her back as the man started to walk closer to them. Sojung pulled out her sword, warning the man to keep his distance.

"I'll only ask you once, Lord Jung. Leave the lady alone, or else, I'll promise that there'd be bloodshed."

The old man laughed at Sojung's remark. Once the laughter has died down, he ordered his men to get the lady back.

"You should be worried about yourself first, Kim. You'll be bloodless by the end of this."

His men was starting to approach them, eyeing her every move as she still has a hand to cover the lady behind her.

"My lady, do you trust me?" Although a bit shaken, the lady nodded her head. Sojung smiled at this.

"I need you to run as fast as you can—"

"N-NO! SOWON! I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITHOUT YOU!"

"Eunbi." It was the first time the lady heard her name from Sojung's lips, her heart felt like it was being squished forcefully inside her ribs. She was not liking the feeling.

"I just need you to run ahead of me. I promise, I'll follow right after I finish things here." Sojung flashed a smile at the lady who was now crying because she knows one thing for sure, Sojung was lying.

"P-please... I can't do that to y-you." Her vision was now getting blurry, her tears being the culprit. Sojung faced Eunbi, cupping her cheeks before brushing her thumb against Eunbi's tear strickened face.

"You have to." With that, every wall that Sojung made shattered as she let their foreheads rest upon each other. Her tears were starting to fall down too.

"My lady, do you know the meaning of the lupine flowers?"

"W-why are you asking me that, S-sowon?" Sojung smiled before leaning forward to kiss her lips. It was soft and desperate, it felt like an assurance they both know they'd be achieving long way into the future.

"Sojung, my lady. Sojung." Sojung said, wanting Eunbi to call her by her name.

"S-sojung. P-please." Sojung grinned at this, wanting to ease the pain that Eunbi is going through. She never wanted to see the younger in pain. I'm sorry, Eunbi. I'm sorry that I'll be causing you pain.

"I wish you happiness, my galaxy."