Double-Double date

Whose date was it anyway?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy Seulrene Day. This is something I had in mind for a while and just now getting around to it, so I hope you all like it. Joohyun’s twin sis Irene wants her to go on a date for her because she “can’t” make it and maybe, just maybe Joohyun has a good time with her date who has more in common with her than even they first thought, okay please enjoy. Happy seulrene day 


 


 

Being a twin had it’s fun points, at least Bae Joohyun liked to think so. It was fun having a person who understood you on every level without having to say a word. Because you shared an unspoken connection. It was also fun to swap places with said twin because you two just happened to look alike, and even playing pranks from time to time never got old even as you two grew older. It wasn’t your fault that people still couldn’t tell the difference between the two of you. All the wonderful things aside, there were some downsides to being a twin. Something Bae Joohyun knew all too well when her sister Irene entered her apartment unannounced, all because she had “twin” privileges.

 

“No.” Joohyun said right away before Irene could even say anything.

 

“But...but…” Irene frowns right on cue, pouty lip and all. “You haven’t even heard what I wanted to say yet, Hyun.”

 

“No.” Joohyun shakes head and proceeds to turn the page in her novel. Irene groaned heavily and threw herself onto her sister’s bed, effectively stopping Joohyun from reading, and to think Irene was allegedly the older of the two of them. Here she was acting like a brat.

 

“Are you sure you’re the oldest?” Joohyun teases with a small smile.

 

“Yup.” Irene nods proudly. “By a whole three minutes, can you believe it?”

 

“No, I really can’t. Anyway, whatever the favor is, Rene. The answer is no.” Joohyun knows her sister very well. She’s only been her twin for the past twenty-four years of life. She knows every single time she’s up to something, and it’s very clear Irene’s up to something. Joohyun wants no part of whatever it is.

 

“But, Hyun.” Irene whines and hugs her tight. “I need this favor, besides it could work out really well for you.”

 

Joohyun raises an eyebrow to her twin. She doesn’t buy that for one moment. Her sister has gotten her into trouble more times than she would like to remember. Like the time she had her take an important exam for her, and their parents found out. A time their parents still remind them about whenever they go over for dinner. Or the time she pretended to be Joohyun to avoid paying parking tickets. Joohyun loves her sister very much. But she doesn’t want any part of whatever scheme she has going on now.

 

“I don’t think so. Now can I please finish reading my book.”

 

“Books will be there, Hyun. I need this favor seriously, and I’ll tell you why. Just hear me out, alright?”

 

Joohyun sighs, and pushes her glasses up on her face. She wants so badly to say no, but Irene is only her twin sister. Joohyun knows she’ll hear her out anyway. That’s why she is the good sister she is and listens to Irene’s request.

 

“Excuse me, but what did you just say?” Joohyun asks so she can be clear on what she heard. Her sister smiles and lightly shoves her.

 

“You heard me, Hyun. Don’t make me repeat it again.”

 

“I heard you, but surely you must be kidding.”

 

“I’m not kidding. I really need you to cover for me on this date for Friday night, I already agreed to go. But I won’t be able to attend, fortunately I have a twin sister who happens to look exactly like me, so…” Irene smiles hopefully.  Joohyun is staring at her like she’s lost her mind. Not that there’s anything new about that because Joohyun has looked at her like that before. All Irene has to do is convince her sister that doing this favor for her will be a good thing. Shouldn’t be so hard, right?

 

“I still don’t see why I have to do this favor for you, just because I happen to be your twin.”

 

“One reason, sis.” Irene pulls out her phone and shows her a photo. “This!” Joohyun looks at what is very clearly an attractive woman, monolid eyes, posing like a model or like she’s had experience as a model, attractive in a handsome and beautiful way. Joohyun is staring but tries not to make it obvious since she can’t give Irene any ammunition to use against her. The goal is to not have to fill in for her sister. No matter how attractive her date is.

 

“Okay, so what’s wrong with her.”

 

“There’s nothing wrong with her.”

 

“You liar.” Joohyun chuckles. “There has to be something wrong with her if you don’t want to keep your date.”

 

Irene shrugs. “I honestly don’t know, Hyun. I haven’t even met her or anything. I was set up by one of my coworkers. I just don’t have time this Friday like I originally thought, so you’d be doing me a huge favor. Plus, she’s very attractive so for all you know, sis. I’m setting you up with someone who could be your new girlfriend.”

 

Joohyun didn’t know what went wrong. All she knew was she planned to read a book in bed. Not sit here listening to her sister go on and on about why this date could actually work out for her instead.

 

“You do know that this could go horribly wrong in so many ways, right?”

 

“That means you’ll help your only beloved sister out?” Irene smiles all hopefully. Joohyun knew she couldn’t actually say no. This is her only sister after all, and truthfully it’s not like Irene would not help her out if she needed a favor too. Because she has and would. Joohyun sighs deeply and nods.

 

“Yeah, I guess so.”

 

“Great, so her name’s Kang Rowoon and I’ll tell you all the information I know, that way you won’t be totally hopeless for your date.”

 

“Gee, thanks, sis.”

 

Joohyun could not believe she was going to go out on a date with a complete and total stranger this coming Friday. She had to be the only one in the world with a twin who would do such a thing like this.

 

At least, that’s what Bae Joohyun believed anyway. 


 

 

Because Kang Seulgi was about to be in for a rude awakening of sorts herself. Seulgi was just finally about to sit down to lunch when her secretary called to let her know she had a visitor.

 

“Could you possibly tell them to wait ten minutes?” Seulgi spoke into the phone. 

 

“Boss, do I look like your personal messenger. Oh, don’t answer that I know technically I am.”

 

“Sooyoung?” Seulgi sighs and shakes her head in disbelief. “Seriously, I’m about to have lunch. You know, just like you take lunch for an hour. Only I am asking for ten minutes?”

 

“Hey, don’t blame me for your problems! Hang on, boss. I’ve got another call.” Sooyoung proceeds to hang up on Seulgi. 

 

“What in the world…” The boss shakes her head, again she wonders why she has that girl as her secretary if this is how she chooses to do her job. Seulgi supposed she has a moment and with that moment she’ll take her lunch break. Seulgi barely had the tray open when the office door opened to reveal a woman, an exact copy of herself standing in the doorway. Same monolids, same brown hair, and tanned skin. Only difference was the more casual clothes the woman was wearing.

 

“Rowoon?” Seulgi is used to her twin showing up at her office. She typically will call first before showing up, though. 

 

“Hey, sis.” Before her younger twin can speak, Sooyoung rushes into the office with an apologetic smile. The younger woman honestly hadn’t meant to let her boss’ twin just waltz in like she owned the place. But Kang Rowoon was different from her twin Seulgi in the sense that she didn’t play fair.

 

“I’m sorry, boss. But she said she would introduce me to your friend Kim Yerim if I let her in so...hehe…” Sooyoung laughs embarrassed like a sudden schoolgirl with a crush. Seulgi honestly has no idea what to say because the whole thing is ridiculous. Her sister actually is telling Sooyoung she will gladly help the younger woman meet their friend Kim Yerim, who is a bit of a celebrity of sorts in town. Seulgi can’t even get a word in all she hears is screaming and a lot of talking. Then her office door slamming and finally Rowoon walking over and tapping her hard in the back.

 

“Okay, now we’re alone we can talk.”

 

“Ro, what’s going on? I thought you had a photoshoot to do today?”

 

“Yeah, I do, a little later. I came to visit my favorite twin sister.” She smiles, with eyes forming crescent shapes.

 

Seulgi eyes her skeptically and laughs a little. “Last time I checked I am your only twin sister, so what’s going on?”

 

Seulgi has only been her twin for the last twenty-seven years. She knows when Rowoon is up to something or has something to say. She is positive it must be one or the other.

 

“Okay, okay, so I need a favor.”

 

“Is that why you told my secretary you’d help her meet Yerim?”

 

“Hey, I’m good for my word, now listen up, big sis.” Rowoon makes a crack at the fact Seulgi is the older twin by four minutes. The businesswoman sighs as all she wanted to do was eat her lunch. Yet, she knows she’s going to hear her sister out because that’s what she does. She loves her sister, this is after all her one and only twin. They would always help each other out no matter what. Seulgi listens intently as Rowoon talks and all she hears is a date this  Friday and she needs Seulgi to pretend to be her.

 

“Excuse me, what?”

 

“Yeah, you’d really be helping me out, Seul.”

 

“I’m missing the part where I have to pretend to be you.”


“Something else has come up, sis. I can’t make it for this Friday like originally planned, and besides, she’s so pretty, look at her.” Rowoon pulls up the picture on her phone of a breathtaking dark-haired woman if Seulgi has ever seen. Gorgeous really, with big brown eyes and actress looks. Though, Seulgi is not someone who just falls for any pretty face, no not Kang Seulgi. But she isn’t blind or anything and it’s very clear the woman is pretty.

 

“Okay, what’s wrong with her?”

 

Rowoon throws her head back and starts laughing out loud. She figured Seulgi would ask that sort of rational question.

 

“I honestly don’t know, sis. I haven’t met her yet. I was set up by a friend at work but I do know her name is Bae Irene and she's a journalist, works for a legit media company and everything. Come on, sis, she could be your new girlfriend. I could be setting you up here.”

 

For Seulgi, there’s so many possible things that could go wrong with pretending to be her sister. Sure, they’ve done things like that as kids and even as young teens, because why not. There are so many factors to consider now if she goes on this date pretending to be her sister. Only, Rowoon is looking at her with such a pleading look that Seulgi already feels like she stole her favorite toy as a child and must replace it.

 

“Alright, fine. Just so you know this could go terrible.”

 

“Or it could go right and I’ll be your best woman at your eventual wedding.”

 

Seulgi sighs. “You said her name was Bae Irene?”

 

“Uh-huh, Bae Irene, and I’ll prep you on everything I know about her, at least enough to get you through the date. Worst case scenario she never wants to see you again, either way you get a date out of the deal. And it’s been years since you last went out.”

 

“Your sister’s right, boss.” Sooyoung nods from the doorway, with a mug of coffee in hand, standing there like she’s probably been standing there for the entire time the sister’s have been talking. Seulgi opens to tell Sooyoung she really should be getting back to her own office to work. But thankfully, Rowoon makes it sound like she’s about to call Yerim now which sends the poor younger woman into an outright panic.

 

“No, don’t call her now! Not when I’m not looking gorgeous yet!”

 

“She can’t see you, what’s the big deal!”

 

“Let me get pretty first.”

 

“Oh my god…” Seulgi sighs and puts her head down on her desk, thinking about her food that’s probably beyond cold right now. How is this her life? But she also can’t help to think about this date Friday night. She doesn’t see how this could possibly end well.



 

 

 

 

“This can’t possibly end well.” Joohyun reminded her sister the night before the date was to happen. Ever since, Irene told her about the date. Joohyun spent most of her time being anxious and cynical. Not the best combination to have, fortunately, or maybe unfortunately for her she had a sister that “helped”. And by helping that meant Irene took control over everything. She gave her so many pointers. She helped her sister pick out clothes that she herself would wear and reminded her to act like her. Something Joohyun honestly didn’t need help with since she’s only been this woman’s twin sister for all of their lives. She knows how Irene acts and can mimic her behavior no problem. 

 

“So we’ve got your outfit together, you know where to meet, right?” Irene asks.

 

“Yes, mom.” Joohyun speaks in a deadpan way.

 

The older twin’s eyebrow twitches slightly at being called mom. “I’ll let that slight because you’re cranky. “Let’s have a pop quiz, tell me about Kang Rowoon.”

 

“Seriously, Rene?” 

 

“Yes, you have to know who you’re going out with, don’t you.”

 

Joohyun isn’t even surprised that it’s come to having a pop quiz. Her sister is a bit of a perfectionist, something Joohyun shares in common with her sister, only in different ways. While her sister went the route of journalism. She herself had gone into the opposite field of law. But both of them were perfectionists through and through. Fortunately, Joohyun had taken notes.

 

“What are you doing?” Irene laughs when she sees Joohyun taking out a purple flashcard that has notes on it.

 

“I took notes.” She admits and wow is her sister the cutest. Irene hugs her tightly. 

 

“You’re adorable, Hyun. Okay, tell me about your date.”

 

“Her name’s Kang Rowoon, she’s twenty-seven, and she’s a photographer. She has tattoos?” Joohyun reads that last part with confusion since she’s actually not sure if she wrote that part down correctly. Irene simply hugs her again and tells her not to worry about it.

 

“Don’t worry, sis, unless she offers to show you some, if you get what I mean.”

 

“I….” Joohyun’s face gets red so fast at the implications her sister is making. “No! There will be none of that. Anyway, if we’re done for the night, I want to go to bed now.”

 

“Well, at least let me treat you to dinner. I’ll order food. I owe you one, Hyun.”

 

Joohyun had plans to sink into her bed and sleep for the next seven hours at least. Yet, who was she to turn down her sister’s offer for food. Joohyun agrees not so much because Irene said she would treat, but because it was always nice to sit down to a meal with her twin. Her sister really is her best friend, as much as she does have other friends and people she feels close to. Her sister is truly her best friend. 

 

“Okay, we might as well eat since you already went over your battle plan.”

 

“Battle plan.” Irene chuckles. “It’s not a war, Hyun, just a date. Hell, for all you know you might not like her and you never have to see her again, no big deal.”

 

“And what if she wants to date me, I mean you, or….me as you?” Joohyun sighs that is also a possibility. What if the date with Kang Rowoon does go well, and Joohyun likes her? What if Rowoon wants to date “Irene” or who she thinks is Irene. Now this is getting complicated. Seeing how stressed her sister is getting. Irene sits down with her.

 

“Hey, I think we’ll cross that bridge when we get there. You’re overthinking, sis. Now, what kind of cocktail do you want, because you clearly need a drink.”

 

Joohyun laughs, despite not feeling like it, but that’s what sisters are for, able to make you laugh when you don’t feel like it.

 

“Something fruity. I love you, Rene. But I think this Rowoon is very lucky she doesn’t have a sister to cause her stress.”


 

If only Joohyun knew the truth of the matter, as “Rowoon” or rather Seulgi who was finally home from an exhausting day at work, was about to simply crash into the nearest soft surface she didn’t care. But of course her own twin sister came over to prep her one last time before the date tomorrow night.

 

“You’re not going to sleep, are you?” Rowoon asks the moment she sees Seulgi practically passed out on the couch.

 

“No, I’m just waiting for the couch to take me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter