Chapter 10

Spiral
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two months had flown by quickly and it was at the height of their summer. Somehow, the new couple made time for each other, taking each other out for public dates whenever their crazy schedules allowed. Kim Yongsun had to admit that she enjoyed the quiet dates with her lover as they explored new places together. Their lack of makeup was a good disguise most of the time, besides Moomoos were generally very polite. They had an informal competition on surprising each other. Her favourite moment was when she found roses hidden in the backseat of the car that Eric and she used for their date. Somehow, Byulyi had found the time to hide them at the back of the passenger seat after she had sent her to the filming site. Byulyi’s favourite was when Yongsun whisked her off to the beach so that they could gaze at the stars splaying across the summer sky in the comforts of her car.

The filming of Showtime added new tension to the couple. Byulyi’s open admiration for the youngest member of Gfriend got to Yongsun frequently since her girlfriend really had a thing for younger girls that triggered her protective instinct. Her interest in them surprised her because she never knew that aspect of her: she knew that she was selfless and felt more comfortable protecting others, but she never knew that she liked it. Her insight made her uneasy because she was older than Byulyi and she was the one who usually took care of her since she was her leader. Would she rather be with a younger woman like Umji or even Wheein since she was the baby of the group? It did not help that these younger girls found her girlfriend extremely attractive—the handsome and pretty girl crush. It was worst now that Byulyi was increasing in confidence, which birthed the desire to lock her charming rapper in her apartment so that all her lover could see was her.

MAMAMOO were in a hotel, filming their next song, “You’re the Best.” The concept of the song was very much like the retro version of ‘Um Oh Ah Yeh’ aimed to capture a light-hearted and youthful courtship of a handsome guy in the summer. Naturally, the courtship was doomed from the start, a rom com in the making.

Byulyi was savouring her drink while lounged on a large white swan float on the pool. It was a luxury she had never experienced, and she was savouring every moment. Floating next to her was Hyein, dressed in an adorable summer outfit with a large, elegant summer hat. She curled in the yellow float, enjoying the warmth of the sun on her skin. She had always loved hanging around the pool.

The concept of this part of the recording was they lounging around the swimming pool in their swimsuits, enjoying the summer, at least for Byulyi and Yongsun’s case. It took Byulyi all her strength not to stare at just how ravishing her lover was when she got comfortable at the lounging chair at the side of the pool. Her black wavy hair drawn away from her face, formed a perfect frame for her beautiful face and added to that alluring charm. A small little white flower decorated that silky cascade of hair. She stretched herself languidly along the white clothed lounging chair, displaying the elegant lines of her body. It was difficult not to stare at that breathtaking display of curves since she wore an adorable pink bikini with red polka dots under a white top that was tied under her chest. She completed that summer outfit with a pair of tight jeans shorts which revealed her curvaceous and firm bottom as she curled in the chair, presenting her toned and long legs.

went dry. She patted her blond bangs as she closed her eyes and tried to focus on something else—anything that would take her mind away from just how lovely her lover was in that outfit. She swallowed visibly. It was tough to combat the rising desire especially since she decided not to further the physical side of their relationship since that steamy morning.

For the past two months, Byulyi focused on the sweet romance of dating to ease their insecurities of each other. Even though Yongsun had never shared that she was quite intimidated by the public’s growing interest in her, Byulyi realised it. Her brows would furrow slightly, her face stiffly impassive whenever she spoke of other girls, especially younger woman, including their kids. It was weird because Wheein and Hyejin knew that they were together and would only challenge Yongsun for her affections just to make fun of her, but she took it exceptionally hard. And there was her insecurity for her girlfriend who liked guys before becoming an item with her. Did she fall in love with her because she was more available?

It was hard to keep their affections mostly chaste since they had the inclination of kindling the passion in each other with just a look. Their displays of affections would escalate quickly because of their mutual and natural desire of having more of each other. They were fire and they blazed even brighter when together. It took Byulyi all her strength to ensure that they were fully clothed in these heated encounters which irritated Yongsun. The older woman would frown at her when Byulyi excused herself when the former became too handsy with her. She also made it a point not to be around when the beautiful singer showered.

The yearning to have her bloomed in the pit of the stomach again, awakening quickly at the sight of her lover. Damn, it had been a while since she was treated to the sight of her girlfriend in so little clothes. How she longed to pull her away to one of the private rooms and feast on her soft and flawless skin until she was sated.

Byulyi pushed the bridge of her shades up her nose as she forced herself to look away, suppressing the primordial craving for her. The rapper relaxed into the adorable float, stretching out her long and fair legs distractedly, the very image of poise. The filming of this scene went smoothly since all they needed to do was to be enthralled with the attractive server. The three idols completed in a shot which gave the production team to move to the next scene. “Can we just not get out of the pool?” asked Byulyi, closing her eyes.

“I know right, Unnie?” laughed Hyejin, adjusting her summer hat on her head so that the brim would shield her eye. “Maybe if we can get a drink. It’ll be perfect.”

“Ah, I would if I knew how to pass you my drink without falling off the float—"

“Shouldn’t you try to get out of the pool?” groused Yongsun, annoyed. She was at the side of the pool, staring at them. The pool was far too small for three floats, so she was the one who lounged at the side of the pool. A flicker of mischief appeared in her eyes. She bended slightly so she put her hands into the water.

Byulyi’s eyes widened at the display of cleavage presented before her and her perilous situation.

“Yong, I don’t think that is a—”

Yongsun tripped over the drain, her eyes wide. She let out a loud shriek as she fell into the water, face first. Her body smash into the water noisily, generating large splashes and waves across the pool. The impact sent Hyejin’s float hurtling to the side and Byulyi’s largely unaffected. Byulyi, without missing a beat, leapt into the water, cutting through it swiftly. The cold water shocked her slightly, but her gaze drifted to her clumsy leader flailing in the water. Byulyi quickly extended her arm fully to reach for her chin. She pushed Yongsun’s head upwards, avoiding her whirling arms.

The pool was so deep that she needed to kick occasionally to stay buoyant.

Their neatly coiffed hair float around them lazily, spreading out like black and golden tenacles in the sparkling blue water. Byulyi lay her head backwards, floating on the water as she waited for her girlfriend to stop struggling completely so that the strong woman wouldn’t hit her by accident and drown her.

Around them, mayhem had erupted.

They looked like ants rushing about, trying to figure out what they ought to do.

“Solar and Moonbyul fell into the water!”

Byulyi swept the wet bangs away from her face with her hand, shaking her head slightly. “We’re fine,” yelled Byulyi over the din.

She did not know if it was the confidence in her tone that affected her but Yongsun calmed down immediately. Byulyi pulled her into her arms slowly, giving her a chance to adjust to her hold as she swam towards the metal ladder at the side of the pool. She guided the older woman up the rungs patiently, her wet clothes hugging uncomfortably to her skin. It was a struggle for Yongsun to climb up the rung with her white heel, so Byulyi quickly reached for her ankle gently and slipped the wet heel off her feet carefully.

Yongsun glanced at her briefly. However, Byulyi urged her to continue with a look, grasping to the side of the ladder. She matched her step by step until they stood on the side of the pool, gazing at each other.

Blushed coloured the leader’s cheeks as she swept away her wet hair from her eyes.

The concrete ground felt warm since they were completely bare-footed. Worried, Byulyi guided the older woman into the shade under the palm tree as she studied her outfit closely. Her brows snapped together immediately. She yanked the yelping older woman into her arms possessively, after she caught sight of her in her see-through clothes. If her lover was a feast for the eyes while she was dry, this was a greater test of her self-control due to the tantalising glimpses of her through her drenched, translucent clothes.

Aish.

She inhaled sharply as her cheeks burnt. Impulsively, the rapper pulled her closer to her, shielding her lover from the view of others. Her eyes scanned their environment slowly, alert. “Can someone please get us a towel?”

The pool was packed with people due to the filming.

Manager-nim hastily run to her side with towels, a worried Wheein hot on his heels.

Byulyi took the towel from his hand and draped over her carefully, hiding most of her alluring body. Then, she took the other towel and put it over her hair to dry it. If she was not preoccupied with the situation, she would probably laugh at how Yongsun looked like a drowned angel with seaweed for hair.

Byulyi stepped aside when Wheein fussed over their leader immediately, allowing the baby of the group to spoil their leader. She pressed Yongsun’s leather high heel to Manager-nim’s hand as she looked around for the youngest member of the group.

Where was she? She did not see her since she got out of the pool with Yong. Was the Maknae affected by the accident? She breathed a sigh of relief when Hyejin marched to their side, concerned. Her white crop top was slightly wet, but she looked fine. “Take your Unnie inside to change.” Her tone softened immeasurably. “You probably need a change too, Jinie.”

Hyejin inclined her head before she observed her drenched Unnie thoughtfully. She had worn a dark blue shirt over another dark-coloured swimsuit top and completing it with blue shorts that reached her thigh. Due to the dark colours, she was mostly decent besides leaving puddles of water in their wake. “Unnie, are you not going to change?”

She shook her head as she surveyed the side of the pool, brushing the wet hair away from her side. The rapper did not see her matching heel. She ran her hand through her wet hair again, pushing it away roughly. Her lover could be so troublesome at times. She removed her shades and passed it to the youngest member. “Jinie, make sure both you and Unnie change your clothes immediately.” She gave her wet top a pointed look. “I think Wheeinie needs to get ready for filming.” The rapper rubbed her temple sightly, walking to the side of the pool where Yongsun fell.

“Unnie, what are you going to do?” asked Hyejin, befuddled. Wheein squeezed her shoulder, getting her attention. Yongsun was with them, staring at her.

Byulyi avoided looking at her leader, choosing to look at the two kids. “Jinie, don’t worry about me and accompany your Unnie in.” Her gaze shifted to Wheein. “Wheeinie, don’t fret about them, get ready for the next scene. I think they have already set the scene up.” She jerked her head towards the grass where the actor, dressed in a white shirt and shorts was waiting for her.

The three members hesitated briefly, trading looks among themselves.

“Don’t worry. Just change your clothes,” reassured the rapper calmly. “Go ahead.” She shooed them away. “We’re wasting time here.”

That triggered their sense of professionalism. Hyejin and Yongsun headed inside quickly while Wheein joined the filming crew on the grass.

“Byulyi-ssi?” called Manager-nim, offering her a towel. “You should change too.”

She shook her head. “Give me a second.” She faced the pool again and took a deep breath. She guessed that Yongsun had probably lost her heel in her flailing. Putting her hands together, she plunged into the pool skilfully. The dive took her near the bottom of the pool. With two kicks, she reached the floor of the pool. She looked around the pool before she spotted the glass flute and the missing white heel resting in the ground of the swimming pool. She swam towards the glass flute since it was closer to her and pick it up before she made a beeline for her heel. When she grabbed both items, she flipped and swam upwards.

The rapper shot up the surface of the water like a cork. She took a couple of breaths to fill her lungs before she front-crawled towards the side of the pool to deposit the items. She brushed her hair away from her face absently as she laid both hands along the edge of the pool for purchase. With little effort, she raised herself out of the water and twisted her trunk so that she was out of the pool, sitting on the edge of it.

“Byulyi-ssi, you gave me a heart attack!”

She felt a towel draped over her shoulder. She brushed her wet hair away from her face idly before smirking at her Manager. “I bet not as bad as Unnie, Oppa.” She rose to her feet elegantly before she picked up the heel and the glass flute. She pressed them into the Manager’s hands. “I’m not too sure if the heels are ruined. We’ll probably have to dry them with the hair dryer. It is an expensive pair.”

He rolled his eyes at her.

“I was already soaked. It makes no difference for me to retrieve it,” defended Byulyi. “Unnie needs her heels for filming too.” She must be a sight: her blonde hair was soaked, sticking to face. The dark summer outfit—a sleeveless over a dark-coloured bikini and shorts—she wore clung to her like a second skin. It was uncomfortable in places and she needed a change quickly. Byulyi took the towel from her shoulder and wipe her face gently before drying the rest of her body so that she was no longer leaving puddles of water.

“Sure, little Mermaid. You should change for your next scene and dry your hair,” concluded Manager-nim, exasperated. Sometimes, the pack of beagles drove him mad.

“OK.” She jogged into the hotel, avoiding the heated ground. She headed upstairs to their changing room. There, she found Yongsun sitting in front of the mirror trying to dry her hair with the hairdryer. She had changed into a white crop top with large sunflower prints and white skirt whose hem reached her mid-thigh. The older woman brightened up when she caught the reflection of Byulyi and spun to look at her directly.

Byulyi scanned the room, and she found the room empty. Hyejin had probably left to watch over her best friend. The impassive mask gave away immediately leaving an irate Byulyi. Her brows snapped together as she glared at her.

Yongsun cowered immediately. “Byul—”

“Unnie, you gave me a scare, damn it,” chided the taller woman, marching up to the singer. Yongsun lowered her face in humiliation, knowing that she deserved to be reprimanded. She grabbed both of her arms and guided her to her feet as she scanned her appearances carefully, searching for any visible discolouration. “Unnie, did you hurt yourself?” demanded Byulyi icily. Her hands drifted down her toned torso clinically as she examined her physically for bruises. There were no signs of contusions which meant that she was unhurt.

“Only my pride,” squeaked Yongsun when she grabbed her wrists to stop her. Her cheeks were coloured, and she did not dare to meet her eyes.

“You’re a Yeba,” lamented Byulyi, running her hand through her hair, expelling a breath that she did not know she was holding. “How on earth can you fall into the water, Unnie?”

“My heel caught the drain.” Humiliation laced her tone.

The rapper shook her head, exasperated. She backed away slightly and their hands dropped to their sides. “Dry up, Unnie. I need to change out of this. This is extremely uncomfortable.” She yanked the inside of her shorts, an unladylike gesture she desperately wanted to do since she was soaked, so that it would not rub along her skin.

“Byul.” The dark-haired beauty wrapped her arms around her tenderly, careful not to wet herself. The taller woman stiffened for a moment before relaxing slightly into her embrace—the younger woman could never reject her affections since she rarely initiated it. She circled her arm around her waist and rested her chin on her shoulder, covered by the towel carefully. The rapper smell of chlorine, sunshine, and that familiar refreshing scent. She brushed her hair away from her face and nuzzled her cheek against hers, her eyes closed. “Thank you, Byul.”

“Aish,” groused Byulyi, her irritation fizzed out at her tenderness. That was unfair. She knew that she was weak to it. “Yong, it’s fine.”

She drew slightly away from her, her hands on her arms. Her lips curled into a faint smile, part amusement and exasperation. “You really didn’t have to come for me, Byulyi.”

Her bashful tone was so charming that Byulyi’s heart skipped a beat. A blush rose from her chest to her cheeks. The rapper sighed. She lifted her hand to rest the back of her hand on her soft cheek tenderly, her gaze equally affectionate. “You’re right. I shouldn’t but I didn’t think.” Apart from Wheein, the members of MAMAMOO were wonderful swimmers. That meant that Yongsun was not in any danger since at worst, she would inhale some chorine water due to her anxiety. In her attempt to be a hero, she had generated more trouble for the production team. She scratched the side of her nose slightly. “I hate that we have to trouble Makeup Unnie for our hair.” Byulyi backed away to search for her clothes near the corner.

“Here, Byul.” Yongsun grabbed the neat stack of clothes she had set aside for her and handed them to her. “Our kids are out filming.” Her eyes fell on her drenched clothes clinging to her gentle curves. She her lips absently, her gaze fixed on her chest.

“Mind out of the gutter, Baby.” Byulyi spun around, hiding herself from her ardent gaze as she retreated to another room to change.

Her brows skyrocketed. “You can just change here, Baby—”

“No way! Just go back to drying your hair, Unnie.”

Yongsun snickered as she returned to the mirror to work on her hair. Her coy girlfriend. Soon, the sounds of hairdryer filled the room again. Byulyi would need the hairdryer for her hair too.

The taller woman returned soon dressed in an orange tube and denim tied top over jeans. She padded across the room with languid grace before she spotted her leader trying to injure the roots of her hair with excessive heat. When will her Yeba ever learn to take care of her hair? She squinted at her again. Exasperated, Byulyi took the hair dryer from her hand and switched it to cool air as she worked through her thick and dark hair slowly.

A large smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter