4. Unique Style

Never Wrong, Different Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                             

 

                                      4.                              Unique Style

 

( Flashback Countinues....)

Next day, the Park clan, including Chanyeol, sat at the dining table and were about to begin breakfast. Seulgi traipsed in, a smile on her face.

 

Chanyeol instantly was lost to the smile. In his eyes, it vaulted her from beautiful to stunning.

 

Unaware of his complimentary thoughts, Seulgi briefly and disdainfully glanced at him. ‘I do not care for you or your designer ; see that in my eyes!’ she telepathically tried sending Chanyeol  that message.

 

Chanyeol grinning, wickedly thought, ‘I know how to get you!’ Catching Seulgi’s eye, his eyes at a leisurely pace, travelled all over her. Within seconds, a tell-tale blush crept up Seulgi’s cheeks.

 

‘What would happen if I were to actually touch her?’ The unbidden thought shot to his mind. Chanyeol  immediately quelled it. Seulgi was not his type. ‘Moreover, god forbid, if I ever harm a hair on that lovely head, my own family will plunge the knife in my heart. Dad and Hyung will probably toss a coin, to see who gets the first stab,’ he whispered to his libido.

 

‘Jerk!’ Seulgi hissed. Today she had adorned a loose T-shirt and baggy jeans, yet Chanyeol’s intimate examination made her want to pull burlap sack over her head. Seulgi resisted the urge to tug at her clothes.

 

‘What good timing Seulgi, come join us for breakfast,’ Sungjin warmly invited.

 

‘Thank you Uncle but I just ate. I only came to give you these. My notes are scribbled alongside the articles.’ Seulgi handed him some loose papers.

 

‘What are those?’ Chanyeol quizzed.

 

‘These are the articles for our annual magazine which I had asked Seulgi to proofread,’ his father replied.

 

‘She is an experienced proofreader or maybe, a qualified editor?’ Chanyeol inquired. Seulgi did not miss the veiled sarcasm.

 

‘Seulgi is extremely creative and multi- talented. You should study last year’s corporate brochure and catalogue of our company. Page by page, line by line, it was all her work,’ Sungjin  praised.

 

‘Yes, that was done very well indeed,’ Jinyoung agreed taking a gulp of the juice next to him.

 

‘Seulgi is awesome!’ Soomi mouthed, pointedly looking at Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol had seen the brochure under discussion. That was quite neat, he thought. However, he did not say it.

 

‘Please... that was no big deal. Uncle and Jinyoung oppa guided me all through.’ Seulgi was more at ease being the backbencher, unnoticed, invisible.

 

‘Rubbish! Seulgi, if you want to rise in life, learn to take praise as well as the brickbats for your work,’ Sungjin advised. Jinyoung and Chanyeol slyly rolled their eyes. Their father’s penchant for dropping such pearls of wisdom was a great source of sneaky amusement for his family.

 

Seulgi nodded, solemnly, absorbing Sungjin’s words. Chanyeol on seeing her serious expression hid a wry grin.

 

‘Seulgi, what kind of eggs would you like?’ inquired Youngmi , emerging from the kitchen, followed by two servants carrying trays laden with breakfast. It was a tradition at the Park household, to prepare a variety of dishes at each meal, irrelevant of the number of people at the table.

 

They are probably making up for the drought forever present, in some part of the world, Seulgi silently moc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter