Chapter 3: Oops! My fault!

Ace of Aces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up to the sound of someone clicking away on the keyboard. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my body before looking around the room to see Zeze sitting at her desk. I sat up in the bed and was about to ask her what she was doing.

Zeze: Good thing that you are awake. I need your phone right now.

Jahoon: Okay…. And good morning to you too.

I grabbed my phone from the table beside her bed and walked over to her, giving her my phone. Zeze grabbed my phone and without saying anything she began destroying it against her table. I looked at her with my mouth wide open flabbergasted.

Jahoon: Why did you just do that?! My precious phone!

Zeze: Modern phones make it easier for people to hack into your phone and track you and we can’t have that. We have been laying low for many years and have been doing everything to erase the trace of us, so people can’t find us. Except for the times when we go into a robbery, where we leave our trademark card, so people can know that we had been there. If you really need a phone then take this.

She opened one of the drawers on her desk and grabbed a phone before throwing it at me. I quickly grabbed it, scared to drop it on the floor but I quickly realized that I would be more sorry for the floor because of the weight of the phone.

Zeze: It is a burner phone.

Jahoon: A burner phone?

Zeze: Have you been living on a rock? A burner phone is a phone with a sim and number that can easily be destroyed when needed to. It would be hard to track you when you are using the phone and it would be a lot easier for us to wipe away the trace.

Puppy: Hey Hyewon unnie! I need help with something!

The door to the room opened, revealing Puppy entering the room with a bowl in one hand and a spoon in the other. Both Zeze and I turned at the same time to look at her. Puppy looked at Zeze before widening her eyes, realizing her mistake.

Puppy: ! I forgot Jahoon unnie was staying in your room! You didn’t hear anything Jahoon unnie. You didn’t hear anything.

Puppy slowly backed towards the door while moving her right hand in circles, trying to hypnotize me and of course to no use. She quickly got out of the room and closed the door after her. I turned to look at Zeze, who was sighing hard and rubbed her face with her hands.

Jahoon: So…. Your name is Hyewon? Not Zeze.

Zeze: Wait here for a moment. I will be back.

Zeze got up from her seat and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. I tilted my head in confusion. I sat down on the bead and examined the burner phone while waiting for Zeze to come back. A moment passed by and I think that I have finally foun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter