Of Peaceful Nights and Lazy Days

Of Peaceful Nights and Lazy Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon expected a well lit crowded living room with her members being loud as they are watching Netflix together or just simply talking about what food to order but instead of the usual chaos-of them enthusiastically greeting her from her short trip she got nothing, she can almost hear crow noises. She blinked her eyes twice to make sure she’s looking at the right living room- the same place she just left a week ago.

Confusion is painted on her face, a typical night at their dorm isn’t supposed to be all peace and quiet, it’s supposed to be chaotic but fun. Even if they had exhausting schedules when they all want to do is rest the dorm will always be filled with chatters from Yena and Yujin, loud chuckles and complaints from Minju earned from Eunbi unnie’s jokes, or simply Hyewon unnie asking them if they’re hungry.

She pouted, she misses the chaos.The sudden change of atmosphere is making her sad somehow, this is not what she expected to come home to, is she even in the right room?

She scratched her nape meekly, what’s even going on? Are they playing prank on her?

Did she miss something- well obviously she did just by looking at the whole place- yeah she’s alone. She weakly took off her shoes as she fished her phone out of her coat’s pocket, she frowned as the screen died. Not even a single message from her members, not even Eunbi Unnie or Yena Unnie who’s her roommate.

The sadness she’s feeling subsided and now she’s starting to feel somehow betrayed, how can they forget her?

“Woah! This is unbelievable” Where is everyone? Did they leave altogether? They left her all alone and no one even bothered telling her if she only knew she wouldn’t have to go back immediately, she suddenly missed her Mom despite seeing her hours ago. She glared as she walked to the kitchen, pinning her annoyance to the clueless cream walls.

“Yena Unnie! Eunbi Unnie?” she calls in hopes of them just being quiet in their rooms but much to her disappointment no one answered. She slouched and pulled herself a seat, they all probably went out and left her. She pouted as she looked at the containers of ice cream she bought on her way home. She wants to share it with the members but it seems like she’ll be eating them alone. She sighed, she can’t put all the blame to her members, she’s at fault too. Why didn’t she even let them know she’s coming back. Chaewon groaned in frustration.

 

CH: Where is everyone? She sent a message to their group chat, fortunately someone answered right away

YN: Oh! Chaewoniee you’re back already?

CH: Yes! But where are all of you?!

YN: Oh? I went home just a day ago with Eunbi unnie, Hyewon and Yujinnie went home today I think.

CH: Wow, so you all left!

YN: Uh,no

CH: I’m all alone! If I knew I wouldn’t have left Mom’s yet

YN: Do you suddenly don’t know how to count Chaewonnie?

 

Chaewon squinted at Yena’s reply, scrolling upwards to see the past messages. Checking if she did miss any, when she went back she kept on reading Yena’s answers. Yena Unnie and Eunbi Unnie went home yesterday while Hyewon Unnie and Yujinnie went home today...that means-

The thought hit her, they were six so that means- she smiled and suddenly her energy went up, her eyes sparkling looking at her phone. She’s not alone after all, Minju’s here!

Chaewon immediately stood up and sprinted her way to Minju’s door, she can’t believe that a text can make her so happy. Minju’s here! She’s got company and they can eat the ice cream together.

When she reaches Minju’s door she inhales trying to calm herself, Minju might laugh at her when she sees her reaction. She knocks later on, patiently waiting for Minju to answer her but after a few tries dismay is coming to her. Did Minju leave then? Is Yena Unnie mistaken? Chaewon frowns as she decides to barge in, guess she’ll be alone-

Chaewon’s frown immediately broke into a soft smile and her dismay eased right away when she saw Minju’s small frame all curled up in her blanket, sleeping soundly. She can hear her slow breathing, looking at how peaceful Minju’s state makes her heart melt.

It'll be a shame to disturb her now so as quietly as she could she slowly closed the door. She’ll feel bad if Minju will wake up because of her whims and it’s not everyday that they get to sleep as they please. She’ll let Minju enjoy her sleep, it’s still early anyway. She looked at her watch. It's just six in the evening Minguri will surely wake up sooner or later. For now, without Minju she’ll have to entertain herself.

Chaewon went back to the kitchen smiling as she puts the melting ice creams in the freezer, yes ice creams she might’ve been too excited when she saw the newly opened ice cream shop down the corner that she just grabbed containers mindlessly anyhow she doesn’t regret it, who doesn’t like ice cream anyway?

She grinned as she finished, satisfied at how it crowded the cold space, she can’t wait to see Minju’s reaction when she sees this. For sure her eyes will leave out her socket, she chuckled at her own thought.

Unlike the feeling that greeted her home now she’s calm and happy she’s now completely at ease knowing that Minju’s just right there at the other side of the wall. The members usually stay at their parents' home for days when promotions are over and she’s glad that she won’t be spending her days alone. She calmly trails her way to her own room.

Chaewon took a shower and changed into her regular clothes, she’ll visit the other dorm before finding herself some nice movie to watch as she waits for Minju to wake up. She gets five containers of ice cream with her, sliding it smoothly in a plastic bag. It'll be a shame not to share since she bought too much, she smiles at the mintcho container thinking about Wonyoung and Nako.

 

 

She smells something pleasant coming from the kitchen, the door buzzes as she comes in.

A head peeked from the partition that immediately painted a grin on Chaewon’s face, looks like Minju just finished taking a shower, she’s all cleaned up looking so good in the middle of the night. Her face is angelic as always and her hair slightly wet as she’s dressed up into a comfortable white shirt.

“Unnie! You’re back” Minju jumps at her, Chaewon smiles back and welcomes Minju’s advance

“Oooh so you’re awake” Chaewon retorted as she went her way to Minju, as soon as she’s near Minju’s scent catches her, the faint smell of her perfume and her shampoo lingers in her nose, the corner of her lips rose even more she smells so nice.

Minju looks at her with brows creased “When did you come back?”

“Uh?” Chaewon looked at the clock and almost choked when she saw the time it’s almost midnight! How can she lose track of it? She shook her head, well she did enjoy the other dorm and their company so it just makes sense she lose track of her agenda “Got here around 6”

“Really? You should’ve woken me up, where did you go then?” Minju asked out of curiosity while concentrating on the ramen

“Hey!” Chaewon exclaimed, Minju's remark thrown aside as she saw the ramen slander. She looks at Minju in disbelief

“What?” Minju said, astonished that she stopped midway in putting the ramen in the pot. She confusingly looked at Chaewon whose eyes are full of disappointment

“What?” she repeated when Chaewon only gave her a glare

“Who breaks them these days?” Chaewon exclaimed

“What?” Minju said in nonchalance as she finally puts the broken ramen in the boiling water, Minju’s lack of interest in what she's saying made her frown more.

Chaewon looks at Minju with much indifference, the younger knowing the other’s reaction by looking at her periphery smiles wider as she sees Chaewon’s cute demeanor she enjoys every minute of it. She pouted, suppressing herself from saying anything. She looks forward to seeing such a cute person for the next few days.
Chaewon emphasizes her disapproval by slightly shaking her head and shoving Minju away from the stove but Minju’s immediate response is to bump her away using her waist, she smirks as she was once again the one in charge. No one should mess with Minju when she’s in her zone, not even Chaewon.

“Whatever Unnie, it’s still ramen and you’ll eat it anyway” she says as she looks for a bowl, she’s right anyway and Chaewon has no choice but to eat with her and knowing Chaewon she can't resist a hot ramen when served in front of her so what’s the fuss all about? There’s no point arguing, good food is good food.

Minju almost dropped the bowl she got from one of the cupboards as she jumped when Chaewon poked her side, it’s a very sensitive spot; she's easily ticklish and surely Chaewon who’s been with her for two years knows that. Minju’s eyes got bigger looking back at the older, Chaewon’s taking advantage of her Kim Minju knowledge, attacking her with tickles is very unfair. Minju wanted to show her frustration towards Chaewon whose face is full of smug, her eyes oozing of mischief and teasing but she couldn't suppress her laughter seconds after another tickle came, it’s her weakness after all.

“Kim Chaewon!” she screams, recovering from her laughter as she avoids contact with Chaewon.

Chaewon laughs brightly as Minju’s laugh is music to her ears, as much as she likes hearing Minju’s laugh she still can't get over the fact that Minju broke the ramen in half so she needs to get revenge. She chases the younger, as they run in circles in their tiny kitchen.

 

 

“I’m really glad you brought ice cream. It's so good” Minju mentions as she sniffs, the coldness of the night is getting to her. They are on their late night walks, to ease off what they just ate- it’s the consequence of not watching what they put in their mouths and also late night walks means raiding convenient stores.

She doesn’t really know if their walks are about losing what they ate or adding more to it nonetheless it’s always been fun especially if it's with Chaewon.

Minju smiles at the older who in return smiles at her also, somehow even without any particular reason they seem to always do that and honestly it makes her heart flutter that she looks away almost immediately, Chaewon’s eyes are too nice to look and her smiles are contagious.

Minju laughs as Chaewon bows as if she’s in a curtain call, Chaewon’s a weirdo sometimes but she likes her anyway “You’re welcome you’re welcome” she let out a smug look on her face bowing to her invisible audience, she can’t help but take pride on Minju’s compliment after all that’s her goal- make her members happy with her ice cream spree. She looked at Minju with a smile plastered on her face, she feels stupid that she can’t wipe it off- it’s just that it’s always nice to have Minju at her side even if they are doing absolutely nothing.

“It’s actually too much, we have so much left, why did you buy so much? Not that I am complaining but”

Chaewon scratches her nape, she can feel her face glow in crimson. She scoffs, a bit shy to admit that she just bought things mindlessly. KKura Unnie a lot for it. There's no way she’s telling Minju.

“I seriously don’t know, you know it’s from the new store have you seen it?” she says trying to distract Minju from the thought that she lavishly spent her money. She crosses her fingers waiting for Minju’s response.

Minju shakes her head fervently “Noo, not yet” Chaewon smiles inwardly, she successfully diverted their conversation yes! She perked up staring at the clueless Minju. She casually catches her hand and intertwines it with hers “Shall we go there then?” she says, giving her a playful wink.

Minju can feel her face heat up, the blush creeping from her cheeks to her ears not only because of the wink but because of the older’s bold move. Chaewon’s hand feels soft and warm as she presses it to feel it more against hers. She smiles softly, shyly looking at their intertwined hands “Yeah sure”

“But Minju” Chaewon stopped walking that made Minju do the same, Chaewon grimaced

“What?”Minju anticipated her answer. Chaewon leans in and whispers to her ear, she slightly backed off as she can feel her warm breath tickle her neck “No more buying ice cream for you”

Minju bursts into laughter as she bumps Chaewon’s shoulder using her shoulder “I’m not like you, you know” she retorted that made both of them foolishly laugh in the dead of the night.

The coldness of the night made them walk closer, squeezing into each other’s body seeking for warmth.

“How about you?” Chaewon starts moving her hand so she’ll nudge Minju, she’s been curious as to why the younger didn’t even go home. It’s the end of promotions and it’s been their routine to go to their respective homes. There must be some reason why Minju didn’t or... does she have plans to and just not as of the moment?

”What about me?” Minju retorts, sniffing as she can feel her runny nose despite their shared body warmth the cold keeps on coming to her.

“Aren’t you going home?” Chaewon says while she puts her arm around Minju, she noticed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter