Worried

Worried
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minji knows something is wrong. She can feel it. Even the rest of the members are also starting to be more aware of the unusuality of a certain member.

 

Dreamcatcher’s maknae, Lee Gahyeon, seems to have a problem. But that’s not the issue. Everyone has their own problems from time to time, afterall. The thing is, the youngest never kept her problems to herself. Whether it’s big or small, she would always go to a member or two (or even to everyone) to talk about the things that bother her. She is always open on what she feels. Except this time.

 

Minji let out a deep sigh as she noticed how Gahyeon would soullessly stare outside the car window, deep in her thoughts, as they went back to their dorm.

 

“How long has she been like that?”

 

“20 minutes. Ever since we got in the car,” Minji whispered back to Yoohyeon, who asked the question. 

 

“No, not like that, lifelessly staring outside the window,” she paused for a moment, looking for any signs that the maknae on the shotgun seat heard her, since her tone rose a bit. Not that it mattered though. Gahyeon was too absorbed in her thoughts to even notice (or feel) anything. She continued, “You know, like, is she keeping something from us?” 

 

The tallest member’s statement turned into a question, feeling unsure and bothered.

 

“A week, maybe. Or even longer. She always turns to us everytime something troubles her or we’ll either notice it right away,” Minji answered her first question, still not concluding that the maknae is hiding something. Besides, none of the members had asked if something was troubling her yet. Yoohyeon only managed to nod as the car came to a final halt, signaling that they arrived at the dorm.

 

Minji looked at Gahyeon, who was still absorbed in her own world. She sighed for the nth time, before tapping her shoulders, “Gahyeon-ah, we’re here. Are you daydreaming about food again?” She half joked, half stated sarcastically, recalling her excuse, when Minji first caught her like that.

 

The maknae looked surprised at first, before pouting because of what she said, then finally showing her Cheshire smile, “Yes and no. I’m just thinking about what to eat for dinner. I’m actually craving for something sweet tonight.”

 

She could only watch as the younger girl blissfully went out of the car and followed the other members inside. With how she’s acting, Minji would’ve never thought that she was the very same girl a few moments ago. Even to the point that she thinks she might just be overthinking. But, she’s sure of it, something’s wrong. Once again, she heaved a deep sigh before finally following the others. 

 

They should ask her first. Maybe, she’ll open up when someone asks her. She always does.

 

Or so she thought.

 

The next day, Minji woke up early in the morning and found Siyeon and Gahyeon making their coffee in the kitchen.

 

“Morning. The two of you are early for today,” Minji greeted with a smile on her face, as she made her way to them. Usually it would only be her in the morning for around thirty minutes before another member wakes up. Plus, today is a holiday, so they don’t have any schedules to attend to.

 

“Well, I initially woke up just to go to the comfort room, but I found this lady right here,” Siyeon paused and jokingly pointed at Gahyeon who was beside her, “in great struggle trying to open a new can of coffee.” 

 

Siyeon demonstrated her words as she easily flipped the lid of the coffee can open and close. On the other hand, Gahyeon could only shake her head and roll her eyes.

 

“You make me look stupid, unnie. I also had just woken up, you know. My mind was still a little bit fuzzy,” the youngest explained with a small pout, looking straight into Minji’s eyes. Somehow, she felt her heart beat faster at the sight.

 

“Hmm, if you say so,” she managed to reply just to comfort her from Siyeon’s teasing, then turned around instantly, not wanting to show her reddened face.

 

“Still, that totally woke me up and made me crack up,” the main vocalist stated while chuckling. “Aren’t you happy that you made me laugh early in the morning?”

 

“Shut up, please.”

 

A few moments of silence passed as the two sipped on their coffee and Minji also made her own.

 

“Anyways, I’ve noticed you’re a bit distracted for the past few days,” Minji started, breaking the silence, and looked at the maknae, “Is something bothering you?”

 

At that moment, she saw how vulnerable Gahyeon is. She saw how a look of despair and helplessness flashed on her face. It only lasted for a second but, she still witnessed just how broken she is. It was heartbreaking.

 

The next second, she gave the two of them a slight nod and a small smile, “I’m fine, nothing’s bothering me. I’m just a bit tired with the continuous activities we had.”

 

“Are you sure?” Minji persisted, not forgetting the look on her face a while ago, her worry only growing large.

 

“Yes! Besides, today’s a holiday! I can rest all I want.” The maknae gave the two of them a bright smile which made Minji’s heart clench, knowing that it was all just a facade. “Speaking of, I’ll just go and get the snacks I bought last week. I’m pretty sure you’ll like it.”

 

Minji could only stare at the left coffee when she felt someone hug her from the back, and whisper in her ear, “Give her some time. She’s a strong girl, you know that, right?”

 

She only nodded, appreciating the comfort, but is still greatly worried. “I hope so, Siyeon. She had never been like that. Have you seen how she looked earlier? She was-”

 

“I know, I know. Just… don’t overthink first,” Siyeon cut her off and even though she’s the one comforting her, the concern and uneasiness was evident on her face.

 

Once again, Minji could only sigh in distress.

 

The day passed by slowly with Minji observing Gahyeon for the rest of the day. Yoohyeon, Handong, and Siyeon went to the cinemas while the rest decided to stay in the dorm, resting in their own way. Yubin locked herself up in her room, claiming that she’s finishing a book. Bora, however, cleaned around the dorm, including the bathroom, right after slightly rambling about being the only member who is concerned enough in keeping things clean.

 

That left the youngest and oldest member together. Since she hadn’t really planned anything for the day, she just decided to join Gahyeon with whatever she’s going to do (turns out to be binge watching Crash Landing On You). Plus, it’ll be easier to keep an eye on the maknae.

 

“She cried last night.”

 

“What?” Minji asked, confused.

 

“Handong told me, last night when she was already sleeping and was woken up with a strange noise. She said that she really wanted to comfort her but, she hesitated when she noticed how much Gahyeon was trying to be silent and not wanting anyone to notice her.”

 

She didn’t know how to react when Yubin told her that when she was just refilling their snacks while binge watching. The two just happen to leave both rooms at the same time, which resul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter