Chapter 1

When The Sun Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunlight illuminated the face of a man who was fast asleep on the bare sandy floor. His tattered tshirt looked dirty with dust and looked a bit torn as well as his pants. His face is also a little dirty but there is no denying that his face still looks handsome in that condition. His sharp jaw and slightly darker skin from the other 'occupants' caught the eye of anyone who looked.

''Wake up, wake up you bastards! How long you all gonna sleep like a pig!! Time to work! No work no food!"

That voice is always heard every morning waking up the ‘occupants’ of the place to work. Yet the work is not a work that ordinary human beings do for their benefit but rather the work that the ‘occupants’ had to do whether they want to or not.

Kim Jongin wiped his face harshly with dirty hand. Instead making it clean, his face got messier than before but still his looks just as eyes catchy as ever. He just glad that his smelly body odor is still there making anyone want to stay 5 meter away from him.

Yes, for him, the uglier he becomes, the higher the good luck on his side. In this new era, humanity has fallen to the bottom . Power is everything. If you look nice but powerless then you finished. But if you are powerless and yet there's one female support you, thats a different story.

And yet, female is the creature that Kim Kai hates the most.

 

********

The sun becomes unbearable to some people who had been chopping down the woods ever since this morning. One of them stop for a minutes to adjust his breath and wipe the forehead.

"Yah, psst..psst..Namjoon ah. Get back to work before you got caught." 

Hearing his friend warning, the guy named Namjoon hurriedly continued his work in fear for getting caught. If the humans in old era heard this, they would fumming in anger on how the employer treat their workers just for getting a breath. Ironically, these people are no worker instead they are the slave labour.

Kai shake his head hearing those two. His hand holding the axe still chopping down the hard woods nonstop. Although Kai seems to be focused on his work but his ears are always open so that he does not miss the latest news. Right in time, two nearby guards were busy gossiping sometimes they wouid shout when caught the slaves stealing time to rest a bit.

"Ahh..it's really break my mood. Why should they take him too? Now who the hell we should play? I like the feminine and clean one not like those guys that are greasy and robust." The guard with a big belly and one missing front teeth said unpleasantly.

His friend, the one with bald head and hunched body nodded in agreement. The soft type are their most favourite plaything since they rarely fight back. Even if they show their claw, just how much it would do when against many thirsty wolfs.

Kai hit the woods harder than before. His hand gripped the axe so tightly that the vein was visible in his arms. His jaw clenched hearing their disgusting words. Yes, the reason humanity fallen to its bottom was because the woman in this world are above the hierarchy while men have to prostrate to be below a woman. To let someone trample on his only dignity is something he can't accept, that's why Kai rather have worn himself out doing hard labour than to 'dirtying' his own body.

But still, some males mostly slaves had no choice but begged to be under those woman wings. If they lucky, at least they can get some status for themselves. Kai thought those people are pathetic yet he can't judge them since its much better that to be a plaything to the commoner male that seeks pleasure in an inverse way.

That's why not only he hates females who ruled this world like a king but also loathes those man who treat others below them.

Right now, his only objective are to be able to support himself and his brother and when he had enough strengh, they would live far away with each other. 

 

 

 

**********

 

Kai felt the sluggishness all over his body. That's the result letting the anger take over his head after hearing the guards. But no matter how bothered he feels, all of those thing is not his bussiness. In this era, everybody should take care of themselves if they wanna live a long life.

Walking in usual damp and muddy hallways, sometimes he would glanced at the slave 'home'..well, Kai called those place a cage similar to a house since it's has wooden wall and door rather than iron bars to house criminals.

His legs stopped for a moment before resuming his steps. His heart feels bad seeing the certain place that belong to the person that the guards talking about. Although Kai rarely interact with other slaves but not be able to see the usual face that he would often exchange smile with, acne his heart a little.

As the guard said, that slaves and the others who were taken away were soft and submissive type but the one that the disgusting men were wrong about was that the slaves were not feminine but a little weaker than the others because of their bad condition.

Kai just hope that the ones being taken away doesn't end up in that 'place'.

While he walking, he looked at the plastic containing the medicine in his hand. His older brother is a little weak that a small fever would make him faint at a little touch. Kai works extra hard today just to get a small potion of food and medicine for his only family. Not that he complain but he want to make his only family feels much more comfortable as he can.

Because of him, Kai want to try survive in this twisted world as long as he can and repay his brother.

 

The 9 years old Jongin looked at grave with empty eyes. He would be fine if she don't visit her husband after his death but ordered that his body be dumped in the woods?

Kai rarely or in fact never met his mother face to face but his father would always tell on how beautiful his wife is and shows his son the 'mother' figure in distance. Yes, she's beautiful but that's it. How can his father proudly tell th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter