Superstar

Mr. Perfectly Fine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"...which is why it is important that we understand the significant changes in our society and culture. The challenges our ancestors faced paved the way for the changes that help us progress. No challenge, no change!"

 

Everyone began to clap and Hyukjae suddenly jolted awake. It was a new day and he has History class and he keeps falling asleep. His professor's ramblings earlier became a lullaby for him but when he focused his eyes in front, it was already the Student Council President Choi Siwon reciting in front. He wonders what the topic is.

 

He rubbed his eyes and tries to look around the room just to adjust his sight. Hopefully the teacher doesn't notice him looking lost. He glances to his left and a few chairs away from him until he noticed Donghae, who also shared this class, with his eyelids fluttering and his thin lips gaping a bit. The sight was quite amusing, and if Hyukjae was actually near him he would coo at the boy and pinch his cheeks because he looked really adorable at that moment.

 

The History Professor took over Siwon's place in front after he thanked him for his wonderful explanation. He said more things about some dynasty that Hyukjae doesn't understand much, and eventually dismissed the class. Everyone stood up abruptly and it seems like everyone was eager to get out and stretch their legs. 

 

Hyukjae doesn't have much close friends in this class. He just knows some people by their face but he forgot their names already. 

 

"Donghae hyung! Will you be going to the drama club auditions?" 

 

A small guy who had a baby face with his eyes framed by round thin spectacles spoke with a high-toned voice. Hyukjae was fixing his things in his bag before leaving but he chose to slow down and eavesdrop. 

 

"Hi Ryeowookie! Yeah I'm going. I just have to look for my script here in my bag for a sec. Do you want us to go together?" 

 

"Mmhm hyung, I was hoping I have someone to go with. I do not know the others joining." The younger boy spoke shyly. Hyukjae was looking at the boy when he approached him.

 

"Hey," He began. "You're Ryeowook? I'm friends with Yesung hyung. You know him?"

 

Ryeowook widened his eyes upon facing Hyukjae and fidgeted slightly with his specs while nodding. "Uhm yes, I do know him."

 

Hyukjae flashed him a smile and held out a hand. "I'm Hyukjae! I believe he is rooting for you to pass the auditions. Even Hangeng hyung told us that you have a great chance of getting in. Good luck!" He gave a thumbs up to the smaller boy and Ryeowook smiled back and thanked him.

 

"You know Hangeng hyung? Will you also join the drama club?" Donghae suddenly joined the conversation. Hyukjae is once again staring at the guy and his eyes were looking at him expectantly like a cute puppy. The urge to touch his face and squish it was too strong but he had to resist.

 

"Oh no I'm not for drama. I'm more into dancing. But Hangeng hyung is a friend of mine because Heechul hyung is his boyfriend and I'm close with him." He explained while looking into Donghae's warm chocolate eyes. He feels like he's being inside and as if he's in a trance. He continues to stare at it until Donghae blinked and replied to him with a smile.

 

"Dancing? Woah, so you perform in the festivals or something? I don't think I've seen you on stage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter