Chapter 4

By the Beach

The sky was grey blocking out the rays of the sun that would always perfectly meet the horizon at dusk, and fail to reflect the blue color of the sea causing to create another void of blueness but in another hue, and it would be a canvas to the white and puffy clouds that had their endless journey (and we were lucky enough to witness them passing by.)

Even when the sky was grey, showing us a rather gloomy landscape of the sea with the chilly ocean breeze she didn’t fail to adore the view or adore it. Even with the evident hurricane of a storm that was emerging from it she loved it. I t was as if, if she could she would jump towards it and swim.

“It’s the grey skies that makes us appreciate the light that burns our skin. And It’s natural Kyungsoo…” I didn’t speak, waiting for what she had to say next “It’s ironic when we find more beauty when we’re deprived from it, and again it’s natural…” “We can’t do anything about it, so might as well enjoy every bit of it. And by then we can finally indulge ourselves into beauty when it’s at its peak.”

I realized I was staring just too intently when she finally turned to me smiling. She didn’t back down when I didn’t show her mine. I almost didn’t want to cause by then she’d look away.

It was a few moments of silence again when she surprised me with her laugh. I looked at her waiting if she would give me an explanation. And she did, well at least subtly again.

“I just remembered Chanyeol and Baekhyun.” She stopped and I hoped she would tell me more of it. “Maybe there were there to see the endless grey skies specially for them. And now, pity how they must have never witnessed how the rays of the sun that’s seeping through in our world right now.”

“The world’s ty, but at least it’s getting less ty every time. But it’s still getting more though.”

“We’re cleaning up after but we still keep on ting.” Looking at each other, we burst out laughing before we settled into a warm silence again. “What would I be to your world? Kyungsoo...” 

“I mean, I can be the cloud passing by. And I’d be thankful you witnessed and acknowledge my existence. Now that you have Sohyun seeping through me as your sun.” She settled for a teasing tone this time again.

She surprised when she said all that teasingly just like how she did last time except this it was different. Her words and smile were teasing but her eyes almost didn’t. We stood by the pier until we started feeling the rain drops from the storm that we saw form before us.