Chapter 2

By the Beach

Subtleness, that was another thing about her, she was cheerful and outgoing. Her smile was a hope to everyone around her even to me. She was like the sunshine with the perfect climate. She was perfect. Her eyes glittered all too happily all the time, well at least when she was with me. I don’t know if it did to everyone else, or if I was actually someone to her but I didn’t want to assume so I always brushed that thought away. It seemed like she was all that, but like what they say, there’s always something behind in every smile specially to smiles like hers.

I can perfectly picture her now, us. Her hair like a banner up high, blown by the ocean breeze. Her lips relaxed into a smile of content and longingness (if that was possible). With her lids perfectly covering her eyes I know would have had a blissful gaze at the ocean in front of us if it were open. Her body completely relaxed, I would have assumed she had forgotten of it, just like how I’d assume she had forgotten that I was beside her. She would just be there without a single word and gaze at nothing at that moment, as I stand beside her and sink that moment in me and enjoy the all too perfect picture of her.

Every time I’d think of it, I’d come to know of her less and less. With the questions of why. Her smile of content and longingness. Her posture of freedom but a yearn for it. Her blissful eyes close as if she was resisting something -temptation-? Maybe the temptation of the freedom she longed for. But I don’t know how she could be freer from this.

Chapter Management