Lazy Mornings with you

Lazy Mornings with you

He wakes up first, he was after all the early riser compared to his companion in bed. The golden glint of the wedding ring catches on the light coming from outside the window. He checks the bedside clock and it reads 5:00am, an hour and thirty minutes more till they both have to wake up and prepare for the day. 



He peeks towards his companion laying on his left side, with her face pressed against the pillow, her long hair in disarray, and the white sheets exposing her back to him. Damn, she hadn't changed much in those two years that they've been married. Everything he felt for her still feels as though they were still in their late 30's. 

 

He props his elbow on his pillow and observes his companion with her face still pressed against the pillow. He debates on whether waking her up from her precious sleep before proceeding to run a finger up her spine, he knows that she's easy to rouse - as much as she loves sleep, any noise or movement might wake her up- from slumber and so he keeps on doing so until she acknowledges the touch. She lazily stretches her body and he observes as she pulls up the white sheets to cover her before facing him. 



"Good morning why are you up? What time is it" she mumbles as she rubs the sleep away from her eyes and her eyes finally focus on him. 


 

"Good morning to you too sleepyhead, it's already 5 am" he says with an amused smile as her hands find themselves pressed against his strong pectoral muscles, where they truly belong. 



He takes her hand in his and rubs his thumb against the gold wedding ring on her finger. 

 

"I can't imagine life without you Ji Hyo-yah" he presses a kiss on her knuckle and she laughs



"A little sentimental today, aren't we?" she jokes around and he laughs before putting her hand above his chest, where she could feel the beat of his heart. 


They stay like that for a moment, staring at each other. 


--- 


When he sees that she's trying hard to fight sleep he leans in towards her and instinctively, she avoids him "Yah!!! Morning breath!!" she squeals out hiding behind her hand. 

 

He raises his eyebrow at her, seriously, nothing's going to stop him from getting his good morning kiss. "I don't care Jihyo, that good morning kiss is already late" he finishes with a sulky tone and she sighs in defeat.

 

With that being said, she finds herself underneath him and he presses his lips against hers, giving her no time to object. Instantly, just like magic she melts underneath his simplest touch and she finds herself giving back the attention he was providing her with. It was their dynamic after all, she gave as much as he did, taking and giving equally.


He smiles against her lips as she yields from his kiss and breaks the contact to look back at him. She sighs softly before breaking out into a wide smile "last out of bed prepares breakfast!" and jumps out of his arms with the blankets wrapped around her. 

 

"Yah! SOO YEON the curtains at the living room aren't shut! People are gonna see you!"

 

"Then come catch me you conservative jerk!!!!"



Hearing the response he shakes his head with a chuckle and gives chase to the stubborn woman. Laughter echoes around their home as he chases her all over the house. Soon, he's back carrying her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Dropping her to sit on the bed, she lunges for his lips and he eagerly gives in thinking 'guess we'll both be a little late for filming' and he puts all his attention on the woman in front of him.