may 04, 2021

shorts.

minseok, junmyeon + baekhyun, kyungsoo, jongdae


request by revekingdom: hyung line.

//unbetaed

warnings: (mentions of) internalised homophobia and slurs, transphobia, alcohol


 

Minseok was staring down Junmyeon, before taking a deep gulp of his drink. He narrowed his eyes on Junmyeon over the rim of his glass, hiding the ugly snarl behind it. He was livid.

Junmyeon turned around, catching his eyes on him and his previous smiling expression fell, and he looked concerned? No, he must be mocking Minseok. Minseok averted his eyes, and he turned his body away, returning his attention to Baekhyun sitting next to him.

 

“…nd he just told me, that no, he’s not interested and just turned around. Like, how can he say no to me?” Baekhyun pointed at himself, still incredulous after the earlier rejection he had received.

“You shouldn’t think so highly of yourself, Baekhyun. It’s good to have some form of self-love and confidence, but I told you it would come back to bit you in the earlier or later,” Minseok wasn’t in the mood to show any empathy towards Baekhyun who turned annoying for some reason over the last two weeks. And Minseok was able to tolerate a lot, but his patience was running low these days. And seeing the nerd at the party was making him unexplainably angry.

Why was the nerd even here, didn’t he have a test to study for? And why did he arrive with such a pretty girl? His glasses were thick-rimmed, and he wore knitted vests over his ing button-downs during the day! And why was the theatre major he was friends with also at the party, and why did he look so hot with his ing black dress shirt and the sleeves folded to the elbows?

He glared at Junmyeon again before hastily averting the eyes, because apparently, Junmyeon was still looking at him. Why was he weird? Was he gay? Minseok shuddered, but the little voice in his consciousness aped him, calling him a hypocrite for assuming someone’s uality like that when he would be considered ‘weird’ or ‘unnormal’ by friends and family alike.

 

A shadow fell over them and Minseok glared against the bright light. His head was spinning from the alcohol he chugged into himself.

“Byun,” a deep-voiced called for his friend. Squinting more, he finally made out the guy, maybe it was the tattooed forearms and the black button-down, with the muscles flexing when the hands were shoved into the pant pockets. What was his name again? Kyung-seo? Hun? Soo? He wasn’t able to remember it, but he kept quiet.

“Doh, the theatre kid. What do you want here?” Baekhyun smiled at him this disgustingly dripping smile with all teeth. Minseok wanted to gag, or was it the alcohol?

“You’ve been an , I heard? Not like it's news to anyone, but you went too far by using my girlfriend’s deadname.”

Now Minseok was all ears, Baekhyun knowingly used someone’s deadname? Minseok was an and an internalized homophobe, but he respected folks’ genders and pronouns without questioning it.

 

Minseok turned around to Baekhyun, “Wait, you knowingly did that? The cute foreign student you talked to earlier?” Minseok felt the side of his face burning and caught the Doh guy snarling down at him with murderous intent. “Wait, she’s the person who told you that she has no interest and then you even misgender her?!”

Should the theatre kid hit Baekhyun, Minseok wouldn’t lift a finger to help. Baekhyun deserved that now.

The guy grabbed Baekhyun by the collar and pulled him closer, “Piss off, before I scrub your face over the concrete outside the house.”

Baekhyun still dared to protest, “You can’t make me, .” He cried out in shock and pain when suddenly a fist collided with his nose. Baekhyun was crying and holding his nose, cursing the guy who hit him.

“I’m good friends with Jongdae who invited you to his party and this is just as much my apartment, as it is his. So, off, now.” He let go of him and pushed him back into the couch, the crowd around them quickly dispersing. The guy snarled down at Minseok who raised his hands.

“Not friends with him. Sorry for that disrespect though. I bring him outside.” Minseok harshly pulled Baekhyun up by the back of his collar, and while trying to get outside, he bumped shoulders with someone. “Watch where you are going!”

“I should tell you that, I already made way,” a soft voice commented starkly and Minseok lifted his eyes.

“Leave me alone, Kim,” Minseok shot back, increasingly annoyed.

“I could tell you the same, aren’t you the one staring daggers at me since I arrived at this party?” Junmyeon twinkled at him and Minseok felt blinded for a second before the other passed by him and left him standing there in the hallway with a sobbing Baekhyun who at least had an icepack pressed to his bleeding nose.

 

Once Minseok made sure that Baekhyun sat in an Uber on the way home and he had scrounged a cigarette from some kids outside, he made his way back in. Why was he even there? He should’ve gone just home. But his thoughts were interrupted when he left his eyes roam the room to look for any familiar faces and his eyes fell on Junmyeon who had a smug grin. In his hands, he had two drinks, and one was Minseok’s. He was ready to stomp over, the alcohol starting to numb his senses, but Junmyeon bet him to it and in a few quick strides manoeuvred around the drunk college kids and past Minseok. “I get you a new drink, it stood unattended for too long.”

“What is your ing problem, nerd? You want to hit on me?” Minseok stepped up to Junmyeon, furious. He almost called him ‘’ out of reflex, but he restrained himself barely.

“That was the last straw,” Junmyeon commented dryly, before chugging the drink down the drain in the kitchen. “You’re just trying to help someone and that’s how they thank you.” He rolled his eyes before turning away.

Minseok wanted to retort something but suddenly everything around him spun.

“Mins—”

 

There were hushed voices around him, and the light was glaringly white. He groaned and someone laughed, “Looks like the sleeping princess finally awakes from her beauty slumber.”

“Dae, please, he might’ve been drugged.” Someone else replied incredulously.

“I bet my money on Byun, the snake.”

“Soo!” Junmyeon? 

“I jump in on that bet. The guy was absolutely obnoxious yesterday. Shouldn’t’ve invited him, seriously.” Was that Jongdae? Minseok felt like he was underwater with how everything was dull in his ears.

“No, you know that he is an .” This sounded like the theatre kid.

He cracked his eyes open and was met with Junmyeon smiling down on him, glasses on and wearing a pink hoodie and his hair was messed up. Behind him appeared the theatre kid, also glasses on, hair sticking into every direction and he only wore long pyjama pants bare muscled chest, hands on his hips.

“How are you feeling, Minseok?” Junmyeon asked softly, offering him a glass of water.

 

“Like ,” Minseok voice was scratchy and hoarse. “What happened yesterday?”

“You don’t remember anything?” Jongdae popped suddenly up, munching on pizza.

“Only Doh relocating Baek’s nose.”

 

“That ing deserved it…” his voice sounded even deeper than the night before.

“Well,” Junmyeon began, “you got him outside and on the way, you started to swear at me. And when I wanted to get rid of your drink because we had a feeling there might be something innit I thought you might want to hit me and just collapsed. So, we let you stay here. On the couch.”

“We?” That was quite a lot of information for Minseok’s pea brain, but he remembered being angry at Junmyeon for no reason whatsoever.

“Kyungsoo, Jongdae and I live together. And the girl I came with yesterday is my girlfriend.”

Minseok let out an unintelligent ‘huhʼ. 

“You mumbled in your sleep how’d I get such a hot girlfriend. She told me to tell you she feels flattered but isn’t interested.”

 

Kyungsoo hollered from somewhere else and Minseok assumed it was the kitchen, “Coffee is ready if anyone wants some. Minseok, is there anything you don’t eat for breakfast?”

 

Maybe his anger was absolutely unfounded towards Kyungsoo and Junmyeon, especially Junmyeon.

 

Suddenly Jongdae screeched, “Byun posted a photo of his broken nose, he looks hilarious!”

 


hit me up on twt.