endings and beginnings

INEVITABLE (KRYBER)
krystal finds herself in awe as she flips through the pages of amber's sketchbook, finding drawings of her with date stamps years back before they even met.
 
it wasn't a realistic portrait drawing per se. it's cartoonish in style. even so, krystal can tell the resemblance herself.
 
but this isn't the time to admire those drawings. this isn't the time to be amazed as to how her soulmate seemed to have a vision of krystal even before actually meeting her.
 
this isn't the time, because she needs to address the elephant in the room who happens to be in the form of her soulmate's soon-to-be ex-wife.
 
krystal closes the pad and puts it away. she turns to her living room, finding suzy looking at her shelf.
 
"can i get you a drink?" krystal offers.
 
"no need. i won't be long," suzy says, her back turned against krystal. she reaches for the framed red bracelet, takes it, and stares at it.
 
krystal gulps. there are lots of things she wants to say now, actions she wants to apologize for. but she doesn't know where to start.
 
thinking about what she'd done makes her feel embarrassed.
 
"she really tried to make it work out with me, didn't she?" suzy says, turning to show krystal the frame. "for three years, she tried."
 
krystal gulps again as she stares at suzy who's once again gazing down at the said frame.
 
"that's the part the hurt me the most--because i knew she tried." suzy turns to put the frame back to its place. "it would have been easier if she's just some who wants to play around. i can easily hate her, and maybe even hire a hitman to erase her this from this planet and make her pay for everything."
 
krystal felt goosebumps on her skin.
 
"but she isn't like that..." suzy turns to krystal, a sad smile on her face. "sadly, she isn't like that." her eyes dart around the room, and krystal wishes she knows just what to say. "because the saddest part is, even if she tried it with me, her feelings for you are stronger."
 
not sure what came over her, but krystal finds herself scurrying off and kneeling at suzy's feet, startling the younger woman in the process.
 
"i'm sorry, suzy. i am deeply sorry for what we've done. i'm sorry. i'm so sorry!"
 
"miss krystal--"
 
"i don't deserve every respect you're showing me now." krystal curled her fingers on her knees. "i am so ashamed of what i've done i can't even look at your face." she inhales and exhales. "i would understand if you're going to hate me for the rest of your life. you've got every right to do that. but it would ease my burden if you'll at least listen to my apology."
 
"miss krystal..." suzy stoops down to level krystal, holding her by her shoulder. "please listen to me..."
 
krystal looks up at the woman and sees tears welling on suzy's eyes.
 
"i won't deny that i hated you and amber to the bones when i found out..." suzy admits. "i... i got mad at her... at you too. i..." she swallows. "i poured everything out at her that night... i hurt her... and she just let me hurt her..."
 
krystal feels her eyes warming up too.
 
"but then... but then i realized i don't have the right to be mad. you know why?" suzy smiles ironically, shaking her head. "because i was the one who kept bringing you two together. i was the one who chose that resort for our honeymoon. i was the one who picked to hire you. whenever i think about it, it was all me. it was all because of me."
 
"but still, it wasn't right for us to start a relationship without amber breaking it off with you first," krystal says. "i would have felt worse if i was in your shoes."
 
"it won't make any difference." suzy shakes her head. "trust me. either way, i'm still going to be mad if she tells me. it's just a matter of which road to take for you. but whatever path you two choose, it will still end badly for me, isn't it?"
 
at this, krystal covers her face with her palms. "i'm sorry... i really am sorry..."
 
"there's nothing else we can do, miss krystal." suzy wipers her tears with her fingers. she then stands up, pulling krystal along with her. "it may take me time to accept things. it may take me time to heal. but for now, as much as it hurts me to say this, please take care of her. i'm sure you'll do well--better than i did. you're her soulmate after all."
 
"suzy, you've done a lot of great things to her," krystal says sincerely. "that's the reason she tried to make it work out with you, because she loves you and treasures you."
 
suzy sniffs and pinches her nose. "sounds comforting, but it won't change the fact that we're still divorcing."
 
krystal drops her gaze. "i'm sorry."
 
"i should go now, miss krystal." suzy sighs, taking another look around the unit. "please tell her to respond to my lawyer once she's back."
 
krystal doesn't know what to say. she's not sure when amber's coming back, or if she's ever gonna come back.
 
"thank you, suzy," she finally manages to say as the other woman aims for the front door. "thank you for everything. please take care."
 
suzy gives her a small smile and a slight bow before finally leaving the room.
 
for what its worth, krystal feels a little lighter.