two years later

INEVITABLE (KRYBER)
suzy enters her wife's study room to look for a pen. she opens one of the desk drawers and finds a red rope bracelet.
 
"boo, you still keep this?"
 
"hmm? keep what?" her wife answers from the bedroom.
 
"this bracelet you bought from during our honeymoon."
 
there was a sound of a body getting off the bed and then footsteps that follow. amber appears in the study room, looking comfy in her pajamas. "ah. that. yes, i still keep it. why?"
 
"awe. aren't you sweet?" suzy smiles. "it's been almost two years now since you got this, right?"
 
amber presses her lips together and nods. "well... yeah... it's a memento... from our honeymoon..."
 
"you wanna go back there for our second anniversary? you've always wanted us to celebrate there last year, right?"
 
amber raises her brows. "are you serious?"
 
"yeah. consider it as a gift since i had an emergency flight schedule on our first anniversary."
 
"you... you sure you're okay with us going back there?"
 
suzy closes in and cups her wife's cheeks. "of course. especially now that i've proven my wife has developed a fixation towards that resort. why not?"
 
amber relaxes and smiles. "i love you."
 
"i love you too. i'm curious, why do you want to go back there?"
 
"first, the place is a paradise. you loved it yourself, remember?" amber asks. suzy nods. "second, i want to visit the souvenir shop where i got this." she takes the bracelet from suzy's hand. "the owner there is a nice ahjumma. i want to check how she's doing. i also want to visit a specific chinese coffee shop there. i absolutely love the coffee i had that morning when i strolled there alone."
 
suzy hums. "this doesn't involve any woman in particular, right?"
 
amber gave her a surprised look. "you've known me since we were students. i don't do flirts."
 
"that's correct." suzy wraps her arms around her wife's neck. "but a lot of girls have been flirting with you since then."
 
"come on. you know i only have my eyes set on you, miss flight stewardess."
 
"oh. i truly know that, miss cartoonist. i'm glad the only competition i have with you are those manhwa characters you've been crushing on."
 
amber laughs. "right."
 
"oh. there is this female character again..." suzy points at the drafts on the table. "long black hair, fair complexion. you've been drawing this girl since we were in high school, remember?"
 
that seems to have made amber speechless. "oh. was i?"
 
"yeah. you said you keep dreaming about these specific features, but you can't find a story to fit her in," suzy says. "i know it's her because the features are the same even your drawing has improved. you even said it could be me, but looking at her now, she doesn't look like me."
 
amber remains silent while suzy checks the other drawings of the same character.
 
"she's gorgeous, huh..." suzy turns back to her wife. "are you finally publishing a new story with her in it? what's it about?"
 
"i am still waiting for heeyeon to finish the entire story. but it's about two women meeting unexpectedly and falling in love right away."
 
suzy nods. "sounds cliche."
 
"i know. but you know how heeyeon's good with twisting the story and executing the scenes perfectly. i'm pretty sure this will turn out great."
 
"so, have you finally decided to put a name to this character whom you seem to be crushing on since we were teenagers?"
 
her wife smiles, and thinks, before saying, "it's xiujing."
 
---
 
suzy wakes up to an empty bed. she's sure her wife's gone out to stroll alone like the last time they went to that resort for their honeymoon.
 
it isn't a new thing to her for her wife to do something like that. amber appreciates strolling alone on streets or at night because it helps with her creativity. and suzy, being the supportive partner she is, gives amber that alone time.
 
but what bothers her is when amber comes back to the hotel room looking upset.
 
"boo, what's wrong?" suzy asks after amber plops down the bed, face buried into the pillows.
 
"the souvenir shop is no longer there," amber says, her voice muffled.
 
suzy always finds an upset amber as cute. she ruffles her wife's hair. "well, did you at least ordered a coffee from that coffee shop you talked about before? was that serene coffee shop?"
 
amber turns her head aside to face suzy. "it's a different coffee shop now. i don't know what happened to the previous one. they also remodeled the place. it's far from how it looked two years ago."
 
"awe. that's sad." suzy hugs amber and kisses her temple. "is there anything i can do to make you feel better?"
 
amber smiles and stares at her. knowing her wife for years, suzy is sure there is something amber's not telling her about.
 
but before she could even ponder over it, amber's words erased all possible doubts that may arise.
 
"i love you, do you know that?"
 
suzy smiles back. she kisses her wife one more time before saying, "i know. and i love you too."
 
they celebrated their anniversary together, trying all the activities the resort offers.