soulmates time

INEVITABLE (KRYBER)
kyrstal's jaw slowly drops as she stares at irene and seulgi standing before her very eyes. "you two are not kidding me, are you?"
 
irene called her over for a surprise. little did she know that the surprise waiting is in the form of her ex-lover whom irene addresses now as her soulmate.
 
her soulmate? how the hell did that happen?
 
"unnie, are you sure it's her, of all the people here in the city?" kyrstal points at seulgi, internally wondering what have the spirits been up to lately.
 
"yah! why do you sound like you're against it!" seulgi protests.
 
giggling, irene loops an arm through seulgi's. "i'm sure, krystal. seulgi and i have tested tugging each other. it worked every single time."
 
kyrstal steps back, bringing a hand to .
 
"yah! kyrstal, your reaction is offending me!" seulgi exclaims.
 
but kyrstal doesn't seem to hear it. she looks at irene. "are you aware that seulgi and i work together?"
 
"yes. she even told me you were ex-lovers."
 
"she did?" kyrstal gives seulgi a knowing look.
 
"she even admitted that you two used to be ually active post breakup."
 
"oh. she really has to tell you that, didn't she?" she glares at seulgi who sheepishly smiles at her.
 
"it's okay. it's all in the past now," irene says. "and it won't matter anymore because once a person finds their soulmate and get to know even just their names, any affection or recollection from their previous relationships will slowly fade. they won't forget those people, but their relationship and intimacy will eventually become a distant memory."
 
kyrstal's eyebrows rose.
 
oh really?
 
was that the reason she slowly drifted away from seulgi after she met amber before--only because she got her soulmate's name?
 
but now that they are finally together, does that mean amber is starting to drift away from her wife?
 
that thought brings an unpleasant picture in kyrstal's head--the image of amber spending the night alone with suzy. the more she thinks about it, the more she feels a strange feeling creeping up her chest, making it hard for her to breathe.
 
which reminds her...
 
"irene unnie, are you okay with this, being friends with me, your soulmate's ex-lover?"
 
"of course. why won't i be?"
 
"well, doesn't your 'soulmate radar' kind of feel threatened towards me?" kyrstal quotes her fingers.
 
"soulmate radar?" irene chuckles. "what are you saying?"
 
"i just thought that maybe you'd feel some sort of resentment towards me because seulgi and i used to be together."
 
"ahh. i know what you're talking about!" irene snaps her fingers. "shamans call that occurrence as discernment. a person can identify which people can pose a threat to their relationship with their soulmate. that's normal, unnie."
 
"oh. so it's really normal, huh?" kyrstal nods.
 
"does your soulmate feel like that towards seulgi?" irene asks, making seulgi look at her.
 
"yes." kyrstal folds her arms on her chest. "but how come you don't feel anything like that towards me?"
 
"i think it's because we met first and have already established the friendship before i even meet seulgi," irene explains. "honestly, i felt something when i first you saw you by the elevator that night i moved in here. it may be related to that discernment thing. whatever it is, i decided to approach you and befriend you instead."
 
kyrstal and seulgi looked at each other with "ooh" faces.
 
"but don't worry. kyrstal's soulmate won't feel that way towards you anymore as you've already found me," irene tells seulgi. "she won't feel that threat anymore."
 
"i see. now i can't wait to meet amber again." seulgi grins.
 
"well, she's actually here now." kyrstal shows her flinching ring finger, a sign amber's near and is tugging her. a few seconds after that, her phone rings. "amber, i'm here in the room across. wait. i'll get you there."
 
kyrstal excitedly skips to the door, her heart bursting with joy the second her eyes catch her soulmate's image standing outside.
 
and when amber's face lights up, kyrstal's sure she's completely head-over-heels for this person.
 
"hey." amber reaches out to hug her and kiss her temple. "i missed you."
 
kyrstal's knees felt weak. she puts her arms around amber's waist for support. "i missed you too. come on. let's head inside. i've something to show you."
 
amber follows her lead and releases an "oh" when she sees seulgi and irene inside.
 
"amber, this is irene unnie, the newest tenant here, the new friend i was talking about the other day," kyrstal says. "and that is seulgi, whom you already knew, but yeah, they're soulmates."
 
"soulmates?" amber looks at her to confirm. kyrstal nods. "wow. congrats then."
 
"thank you! and it's nice to meet you finally." irene shakes amber's hand. "kyrstal has been telling me lots of things about you."
 
"it's a pleasure to meet you." amber smiles. she offers a hand to seulgi. "and it's nice to know you're finally tied too, huh?"
 
seulgi laughs. "yeah. was actually anticipating it."
 
kyrstal didn't notice how she's smiling while she looks at amber's face, happy to see the other woman's soft expression.
 
irene is right. amber seems calmer now even with seulgi around.
 
---
 
"living with my great-grandma for years got me used to the belief that everything happens for a reason, that we are all connected one way or another." irene sips from the can of soda.
 
the four of them are now having dinner in irene's place when the young doctor suddenly decides to have a little party and calls for pizza and pasta delivery.
 
"all our actions and everything around us works for some things to happen." irene glances at seulgi. "you see, there is a reason you drove kyrstal unnie that night after that dinner event you attended. and there is a reason why i suddenly felt the urge to buy a ramyun that night too."
 
irene and seulgi exchanges heart eyes first before the latter speaks, "hmm. does that mean kyrstal and i were meant to meet because she's going to lead me to you?"
 
"i think that's about right. that could be the reason you two got attracted to each other before because you're supposed to fulfill a role in each other's lives," irene says. "but like you and kyrstal, people sometimes mistook that connection as love. because of our free will, we sometimes get into relationships with other people aside from our soulmates."
 
"but is that all the reason why kyrstal and i met?" seulgi quirks an eyebrow. "how about me? what's my contribution to kyrstal?"
 
"you're the one who badly wanted us to go to gyeongwon resort, remember?" kyrstal says. "you planned everything well because you wanted us to have a great time there." she reaches out for amber's hand and squeezes it. "that's where amber and i met."
 
smiling, amber squeezes her hand back.
 
seulgi's eyes widens. "you're right! but why do you think the spirits fated you to meet the day after amber got married?"
 
kyrstal looks down at her empty plate. she had the urge to ask that earlier but was too scared to do so.
 
"i really can't say. the marriage could be a result of amber acting up on her free will, or maybe things are just meant to be that way." irene shrugs. "all i can say is we should trust the spirits on this. keep praying and they will give you answers soon."
 
not wanting to comment anything, kyrstal keeps shut. it's a taboo topic whenever she and amber are together. kyrstal knows she has the right to demand more from amber--more time, more attention--but she doesn't want to. she doesn't want to add to amber's problems.
 
but how long is she going to be kept in the dark like this?
 
her train of thoughts got disturbed when amber kisses the back of her hand.
 
"i really should visit some temples now, shouldn't i?" amber tells irene. "so they could help me out of this ordeal the soonest."
 
"you should. give the spirits and the monks grand offerings too so they would pray for you," irene says.
 
and as the topic drifts to monks and monasteries, amber glances at kyrstal and mouths, "i love you."
 
to which kyrstal responds to with a chaste cheek kiss.
 
---
 
back to the apartment, they were busy kissing in the bedroom when the amber's hands slide down to kyrstal's denim shorts.
 
"wait... hold on..." kyrstal stops her lover's hands, who look up at her questioningly. "i... i'm on my period. it came just this morning."
 
"eh? of all the days?"
 
"yeah. i'm sorry." kyrstal grimaces.
 
amber sighs and nuzzles her face in kyrstal's tummy. "it's okay."
 
"you look upset." kyrstal amber's hair. "i can give you the favor if you're really in the mood."
 
"it's not that. i want to make love to you."
 
"well, you can make love to me in a different way."
 
"like this?" amber blows air into her tummy, making a farting sound.
 
kyrstal laughs.
 
"or like this?" amber peppers kisses on the side of her stomach.
 
"amber! that... that tickles!"
 
amber's mouth travels up to her abdomen, to her neck, then back to her lips.
 
"how about we do it in the bathroom?" amber says after they part.
 
"what! it's messy!"
 
"i don't care. at least we won't mess up your sheets."
 
she playfully slaps amber. "it's gross!"
 
amber just stares down at her, smirking.
 
"you're not serious, are you?" kyrstal can feel herself giving in sooner.
 
amber chuckles as she drops back on the bed. "let's do it some other time. it's cuddle night for now."
 
"you sure?" kyrstal turns to amber, draping an arm and a leg over her soulmate's body.
 
amber hums, intertwining their fingers. " is great, but having you close to me like this is already awesome."
 
"why are you so cute, huh?" kyrstal pokes amber's lip with a finger.
 
"it's because..." amber tries to bite her finger, but kyrstal pulls away, giggling. "it's because i need to be cute to match my soulmate's cuteness."
 
"i am not cute."
 
"you're right. you're not cute."
 
"yah!" kyrstal's slaps amber's tummy.
 
"you're not cute, because you're gorgeous, okay?" amber laughs, shifting aside to cup kyrstal's cheek.
 
kyrstal rolls her eyes and looks away, mumbling, "whatever."
 
chuckling, amber leans in to bite kyrstal's lower lip with hers and pulls out. this causes kyrstal to return the favor.
 
soon, the two of them were making out again. amber shifs on top of kyrstal.
 
"tell me about your childhood," she whispers, gently kissing kyrstal's earlobe.
 
"childhood?"
 
"yeah." amber pulls away to look at her. "i want to know more about you. how were you as a kid? i would love to see any baby pictures too if you're hiding one here."
 
kyrstal giggles, tracing her fingertips along amber's lips. "my childhood was boring. i was a boring kid."
 
"i don't care. i want to hear all of it, from the day your parents had and conceived you until the day we met." amber tries to bite the finger again, but kyrstal pulls back.
 
"sure. but that will take us the whole night."
 
"sure. i'm up for it."
 
kyrstal smiles and kisses the tip of amber's nose.
 
she glances at the clock that says it's only ten in the evening.
 
it will be a long night for the two of them.