Prologue: The Announcement

Vanilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minjeong had thought their school was weird ever since the day her family moved into a new neighborhood, and she had to transfer.

The school focused more on being a community rather than being manically academic. Her previous school was like that, and this was a nice change of pace and atmosphere. It was the perfect middle ground for her. This whole transfer thing was nice for Minjeong because even though she loved classes, she hated the pressure. Which was again in a way bad for Minjeong because she was automatically pulled into something with a lot of pressure. Each class of the school had to attend to this event called 'The Festival Week', where every class of the school had to come up with their own performance and theme. The rivalry was intense for this, as the class got the cup for the best class and the performers, and therefore the winners, of the classes got medals and a head start for applying to become the class and school president.

This week would happen once in every term, twice a school year, and as suspected, everyone was crazy about this event.

Minjeong at first could not understand why everyone was so crazy about this event. As a newcomer, she thought everyone took it easy and considered the week as an excuse to be lazy, spend time together and have fun. That was completely the opposite, and she had to figure things out the hard way, when she almost burned herself while walking upon a performance. The entire school turned into a battlefield, everyone's priority were the performers and their well-being as well as the quality of the performance. The week she thought she would have fun with her friends turned to be the week she carried water battles for everyone in her class as she was a newcomer and had no idea about the 'system'. Everything was untangling the more Minjeong found herself in it.

And when she actually watched the performances and joined the crowd, she understood why everyone cared about this so much. Even though the entire school was in a rivalry, one could see how much all of them were enjoying supporting their class and working hard for the overall good week. She had never seen this much passionate people who were also gentleman like in the same environment. The entire contest was voted by the principles for the fairness and the teachers were also taking active part in the way the performance of their class was created. Cheering for your class' performers with your friends, having snacks and overall enjoying the entire competition atmosphere was fun for Minjeong.

However, she would never ever take part in it.

She hated stressful things and she most certainly hated the pressure they brought on her shoulders. She liked it when things were straightforward, like mathematics. Her favorite subject never failed her. If it was a mathematics contest, she would gladly attend. However, this entire week required the students to bring out their skills and prepare a fun, unique, creative performance, and this was not Minjeong's thing. She was for sure she would carry the water bottles for the entire system and the party and the performers and watch everything happen from her back seat where everything is less complicated and relaxing.

Until Aeri walked into the classroom in her second semester.

Aeri, whom Minjeong very much used to like to refer as just Aeri with a cute voice, was her ex-girlfriend from her previous school. One of her friends introduced them to each other and both of them had a hard time to understand why a friend would do such a thing. They were complete opposites, Aeri liked to enjoy her etiquette while Minjeong liked to enjoy her comfort. Yet, getting to know each other, the two almost felt an incredible connection and started to go out. However, they both should have realized it was an ill-fated relationship from the beginning. Both were incredibly stubborn at doing things their way. They broke up with a huge fight and started seeing their mutual friend separately. Minjeong had never seen Aeri again until she walked into her classroom with their home teacher one peaceful morning.

She had no idea why Aeri transferred to their school all of a sudden, and she never had the courage to ask why. Besides, why would she need to know? Their relationship was over, they could not remain friends afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter