LAST

Saudade

EXT. PAVEMENTS — SUNSET

IRENE runs after her. She catches up and grabbed her wrists.

 

IRENE

          Stop running away from me.

 

WENDY

          I’m not running away from you.

 

IRENE gets confused from WENDY’S answer.

 

IRENE

Then what? Is this about the project I want to make?

 

WENDY didn’t answer; IRENE takes that as a yes.

 

PETER

Wendy, it’s easy. Just make a script and I’ll shoot it. That’s it. What’s the problem with that?

 

WENDY loses her cool and starts to get teary eyed.

 

WENDY

Just because you’re okay doesn’t mean I’m okay.

 

IRENE

          What? Wendy it’s been years! Move on!

 

WENDY gets offended. She starts to walk away.
 

IRENE

Now you’re running away? Yeah. The typical Wendy I knew.

 

WENDY starts to be emotionally drained. Bringing up the past that she wants to forget tortures her.

 

WENDY

I’m running away from you because seeing you tortures me so much. It brings back the pain you left. I’m just starting to get back on track Hyun. I’m just starting to get back.

 

WENDY starts to sob; IRENE can’t process what she said.

 

WENDY (CON’T D)

That night, after you left without telling me the reason why. I started to ask myself question that God knows! only you can answer. So, don’t you dare tell me to move on because it’s not that easy.

 

IRENE can't believe what she heard.

 

IRENE

          Wendy. I-I’m sor—

 

WENDY

Those stories. Those I’ve published before? Those are all about you. From Choose me to Maybe, Maybe. Those stories are my own what if. And the perfect lead that every reader seek here in the real world was you. I can’t make my readers hate you the way I am feeling right now. So please, Stop torturing me Joohyun. Please

 

WENDY wiped her tears and stared at the setting sun.

 

IRENE

Then let’s look for answer.

 

WENDY looked at her with confused and tired eyes

 

WENDY

What? Answers? Hyun, please stop playing my feelings around.

 

irene

Answers to the question you never got to asked me years ago. Let me fix this. Let me help you get back on your feet faster.

 

WENDY

Joohyun, you left remember?

 

IRENE

I know, Wendy. I—

 

WENDY

Hyun, I can fix myself. Alone. Without anyone’s help.

 

They stayed on that miserable position for a while. No one dared to talk. WENDY feels relieved while IRENE feels the opposite.

 

 

 

 

WENDY

Our story maybe worth telling and watching but the ending of it was painful for the both of us. Don’t let another people go through the same pain we are experiencing right now.

 

IRENE nodded and stared at the visible horizon

 

WENDY

And do you know what makes this chapter of you and me more painful and tragic? It’s the fact that, we ended just when you wanted to start again.

 

WENDY stands up and starts walking away from IRENE just like the last time but the difference that time was, it was IRENE who’s walking away from her

 

PETER

Seungwan...

 

WENDY looked at her, waiting to finish her sentence.

 

IRENE

Maybe no matter how much I try, no matter how much I wanted to fix the mess I made, maybe our story still doesn’t deserve a happy ending.

 

Wendy nodded; IRENE was left alone in the pavements. Regrets, sadness, guilt was slowly swallowing her.