fin.

When This Rain Stops

"I cooked for us."
After the tiring events and promotions that week, Wendy should be drained. She should be rushing into getting comfortable on her bed. The consciousness that threatens to leave her earlier managed to came back and wake her at full force.

Who wouldn't anyway? Not when the other half of your soul wearing your favourite white tee with your matching aprons is waiting for you at the other end of the door.

She must be frozen for a couple of minutes because Irene is now walking to her, "I said I cooked for us." Irene palmed both of her cheeks and closed her opened mouth.

She gulped. Staring at Irene's eyes, she can sense a barrage of emotions wanting to come out and just cry and hug the person in front of her.

Not now. Not when, "I can smell something burning."
Irene flinched and ran to the kitchen. The warmth she's feeling left the second Irene's hands were removed on her face.

Wendy is a bit grateful, because if not for something burning, she might've broken down at the entrance of their dorm.
She composed herself after a few seconds and went to their kitchen, where Irene is busy preparing dinner.
Their dinner.

Wendy tip toed and planned to say something when she remembered how Irene flinched earlier. She doesn't want one of them having a heart attack before eating so she cleared , making her presence known.
It doesn't stop Irene to be surprised tho, but it was minimal compared to the other times her heart stops every time she's in shock.

"Dinner for two only? I thought everyone will stay here tonight?"
Wendy poured water in the two glasses prepared on their round table. There are two sets of utensils waiting for the food to be served.

"Yerim wanted to visit Seulgi's apartment and Sooyoung wanted to join the fun."

Wendy laughed at how Irene did the air quote with a ladle on her hand.

"Join the fun huh. You sure no one forced them to not come home here tonight?" Wendy smugly said. She reached for Irene's ladle, got a spoon, and transferred a small amount for her to taste.

"This is..." Her eyes widen when her taste buds welcomed a familiar dish. "Woah!" Wendy needed to step back, "Woah! Unnie! This is!!!"

Irene laughed while turning off the stove. "Why don't you sit down, and I'll prepare."

"Unnie..." Irene got worried on the sudden change of tone.

"Why? Is there something wrong?!" She heard Wendy sniffed.

Irene almost stumbled when Wendy hugged her. "Only my mom knows how to cook this. She's the only person who gets the taste right. But you..." She hugged her back.
"Thank you."

Irene pressed her lips on the side of Wendy's forehead. She's aware how the person clinging on her is overwhelmed with emotions. She knows Wendy needs to eat.
Food always make someone feel better.

She supported Wendy to sit on one of the chairs and gave her another kiss on top of her head.

Irene busied herself for a couple of minutes to put the food she prepared on the table so they can start eating.

When she faced Wendy again, tears are slowly coming out on her eyes.
"Thank you... Unnie."
She dried her hands and cupped Wendy's face, "Anything for you." Irene wiped some of her tears and placed a kiss under her right eye that lasted for almost five seconds.

"You really got the taste accurately." Wendy said once she sat. "If I didn't see you cooking and preparing, I would've thought Mom cooked it."

"Well, your Mom never let her eyes off me when she taught me how to cooked this."

They shared a soft smile before digging in. Wendy shared a lot of stories that happened in the past week. Her conversations with the fans, her meeting with friends on music shows. And Irene listened intently.
Laughing when there's something hilarious, frowning when she mentioned about some other girls, nodding intensely when Wendy tells stories with wide expressions. All of this, and her gaze never leaving Wendy's face. Not even one second.

They spend their dinner fifteen minutes eating, and ninety minutes talking.

But it's still not enough.

When Irene yawned, she hesitated. She cooked and prepared everything. Wendy thought she must've been dead tired.
"I was supposed to be tired too. Where is all this energy coming from?!" She thought.

"Why don't you go to your room and change into something comfortable so you can sleep?"

"Uhm... I'll help you clean dishes unnie."

"Just leave it there. We can work on that tomorrow. Come on, we need to sleep."

Irene sluggishly walked out from the kitchen, past her. "Seungwan-ah.. Let's sleep."  Another yawn.
Wendy held out her hand so Irene towed her in their room.

When Irene went out of the bathroom, Wendy is nowhere inside.

"Seungwan?" She called.

"Unnie, join me here please?" She heard a faint request outside their bedroom.

She walked into their dark living room, with only the bright moon being their source of light. She saw the silhouette of Wendy's back and heard some rustling.

"What are you doing?"

Wendy chuckled, "I should've the lights to finish this."

Irene heard a soft thud, and a melody she loved dearly started playing.

"Oh no. Not yet!" Wendy jumped in panic. "Its hard to use this vinyl record player something."

Honjain geonman gateun naldeuri~

The first sentence on her favourite song started playing when Wendy figured out how to click pause on the record player.

"Dance with me, unnie." Wendy said. Still not facing her.

"I didn't know there will be a vinyl version for your album." Irene hugged her from the behind.

"Ah yeah. It's not released yet."

The piano instrumentals started playing again when she felt Wendy's body facing her.
Her arms were carried to hold her partner's neck as Wendy's own travelled down her back.

"Don't headlock me, Unnie" Wendy whispered  then placed her forehead on top of hers. "I've missed you."

I eodum sogi iksukaejil ttaejjeum~

Their bodies started swaying on the line that hits so close into her soul.

Wendy started singing near her ears, with the occasional rubbing on her back. She sometimes sings a whole line, carefully hitting the notes so softly unlike on the original recorded song.

As the melodies pour and they continued swaying, she started to sob. Ever since Wendy sang this song to her before the album was even released, it never failed to make her an emotional wreck.

"I was thinking of you when we wrote this. Thinking of us. Then thinking of you again. Because I love you~"

Anajugeo shippeo eodume jicheotteon nareul ije

Wendy whispered only for her to hear, countering the high notes belted on the original tune.

"The kids have been waiting for you." Wendy spoke with tenderness while continuing to sway their bodies.

When this rain stops
geunyang dashi sum shwimyeon dwae

Irene, still overwhelmed with emotions just hugged her tightly. She can feel the consistency on how Wendy her back while she's crying.

"Kids?" She managed to ask.
"Uhm... Luvies?"

She moved her body a bit to look at Wendy's face. "They're our kids?"

"Eh.. Yeah?" Wendy shrugged.

"I never wanted to cry. Why are you doing this to me." She's trying to speak in coherent sentences. "I just wanted to dance with you."

dashi han beon nal deullyeojugi wihae
Breathe again

Irene gently gripped her nape, she can't stop crying. She felt Wendy's lips linger on her temple.
Her tears flow continuously along with the small kisses given on her hair, forehead, and eyebrows.

"You're making me cry." It was a stupid attempt, she has been shedding tears mercilessly.

"I don't want to. But you should cry, and let out all the negative emotions inside." Wendy reached for something beside them and she felt an object on .

"Drink water, Unnie. Cos my love is like water." Wendy's eyebrows bobbed playfully.

"That's my favourite song on your album. Now every time I'll listen to it, I'll just remember how you made me cry." She whined then emptied water on the glass.

"Come on. You make it sound like a bad thing."

They were hugging again. She's still sniffing, but she won't deny the fact that everything felt lighter.

"You feel that, your body is not that tense anymore."

She nod on the hug and leaned her head on Wendy's shoulder.

"Everyone misses you."

"I do too."

"But it's okay. At your own pace, okay? I just want to remind you that I am always here."

"I know."

"Seulgi's here too. Uhh, not literally. But her presence you know?"
They shared a laugh, "Joy is always here too. Yerim too. Always."

Wendy tapped her back, and lightly grabbed her shoulder so they're face to face.
Their eyes mirroring each others. "I'm aware that you know. I'm just a walking reminder."

"My favourite part of that song was..."
Wendy's glad because Irene spoke again after a while. She encourage the other girl to continue.
"...was your breathing part." Then she heard her laughed loudly. Lively.

"Gosh, you're that in love with me Unnie?!"

"Yeah. Get on my level." Irene then broke the hug and skipped a few steps away from here.

"Thank you, Wan." There it is. The thing. Irene smiled, her old, familiar smile.

"Anything, Unnie. Always, remember?"

Irene frowned, "You're ban from watching Harry Potter with Yerim!" Then jogged the small space to enter their room.

She was about to call for Wendy again when her lips was blocked by something. Another pair of lips. "I love you, unnie."
Out of habit, her arms reached for Wendy's nape again, deepening their kiss as she felt her arm pulled her closer.

It was after a couple of minutes that they stopped, gasping for air. "I love you." Irene bopped her nose.

"Havawt we —" Wendy wasn't able to finish her sentence because she yawned for almost twenty seconds.

"How about we sleep huh." Irene continued for her.

It was weird how all of a sudden her body craved for sleep.

"I'm sleepy too. You made me cry, remember?" Irene smirked.

She's feeling to weak to argue. So she just jumped on Irene. "Drag me or whatever, Unnie. I'm so tired."

She felt a tap on her legs and she pulled them up, Irene is now carrying her like a toddler.

"Thank you, Unnie."

Irene gently placed Wendy on their bed then she laid beside her.

"Thank you." She replied.

"Good night, Unnie."
Wendy never received a reply so she peeked and was met with Irene's face sleeping peacefully.

"Good night, my love." She kissed her nose and positioned her head under Irene's chin.
"We'll have more happy memories together."