-Chapter Three-

The Lost Kitten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-3rd Person POV-

The girl on the bed shifted a bit, her arms still covering her most private areas, though not waking up from Yuna’s question.

Yuna was shocked, afraid. She didn’t know what to do.

What was she supposed to do in this situation? No one had ever thought to prepare her for what to do in case a random girl ended up on the bed next to her!

Clearing , Yuna decided to repeat herself, more confident this time as she had taken a few seconds to wake up a little more.

“Who are you?” she repeated, still quiet enough that no one in her house would hear her.

This time, the girl on the bed had a real response, though it wasn’t one Yuna wanted to hear.

“Five more minutes…” the mysterious girl groaned quietly, voice low and groggy as it would be for anyone who had just woken up.

“N-No! You don’t get five more minutes!” Yuna continued to scold her, frankly appalled by this strange woman.

But, the girl continued to sleep, and Yuna knew she would unless she forced her to get up. So, with her right hand, she pushed her shoulder until she was flipped entirely on her back.

Now, the girl was exposed, but also awake. And since she was awake, she was sending a death glare towards Yuna.

“What was that for?” she asked sharply, voice still low as she had really just woken up.

“W-What do you mean what was that?” Yuna asked, voice high in disbelief. “You are on my bed, completely , and won’t tell me why! And I’m in the wrong?”

“Did you not hear me say five more minutes?” the mysterious girl asked, bringing her arms behind her and propping up her upper body on her lower arms.

“You want me to just be fine with a stranger sleeping on my bed?” Yuna shot back, glaring back at the girl.

“You let me in!” the girl said, rolling her eyes at the, to her, very dense girl.

“Unless I sleepwalked I really don’t think I did,” Yuna said.

“Didn’t you say you would let me sleep in your room until I ‘got used to your house?’” the girl quoted.

“I said that about the kitten!” Yuna said, before freezing. Where was the kitten?

She just realized that the small cat was no where to be seen, the only other thing on the bed with her was that girl.

And the strange girl, seeing Yuna freeze up, chuckled with a grin appearing on her face. “Figure it out yet?” she asked.

“W-Where’s the kitten?” Yuna asked, not wanting to even think about what the girl next to her was suggesting.

“Right here!” the girl said, bringing one of her hands in front of her to point at herself. “I even have the ears to prove it!”

“H-Huh?” Yuna half-shouted, her head snapping towards the girl in disbelief.

And, low and behold, there were in fact two grey cat ears sitting at the top of the girl’s head, twitching from the loud sound from Yuna.

“Can you be any louder? These are sensitive!” the girl scolded, bringing up both of her hands as she sat up completely to rub her cat ears in discomfort.

“H-How are you…” Yuna stuttered, eyes wide, mouth practically on the floor. “S-Sinb?”

Nothing in her life could have prepared her for something like this. A girl who claims to be the kitten she just saved with the ears as proof?

“Hwang Eunbi, actually, but Sinb works well too I guess,” the girl corrected. “And to be honest, I don’t know, I’m just a cat but I’m also a person.”

“W-When? How?” Yuna continued to ask, none of this making any sense to her.

“Ever since I was born,” the girl, Eunbi, answered. “Apparently my dad could do it and when I was born, it got passed down to me.”

Yuna just sat there silent, her brain completely shut down as she tried to process all this information.

If anyone yesterday- no, more than an hour ago had told her that her kitten would have also been a person, she would’ve laughed them off.

Both of them were silent for a few minutes, Eunbi shifting uncomfortably on the bed as Yuna tried to rationalize everything that was going on.

She had already turned away from Sinb, realizing again that she was, indeed, and there was nothing but her short amount of hair covering her sensitive parts.

“But then how are you here?” Yuna finally asked, breaking the heavy silence. She had let this information settle for a little and was finally able to talk at least semi-normal again.

“Well, my dad was killed by animal control because they thought he was a rabid cat,” Sinb began. “That happened when I was really young so I don’t remember it well, but my mom always told me about it. No one else in my family had the whole cat thing other than me so she didn’t take well to me having the same characteristics as him like the tail and ears, so she kind of took out her grief on me. She kicked me out of our home a few months ago and I thought I would live as a mix of a cat and human but, well, that didn’t work very well.”

She nodded down to her left leg that was covered by her neon green cast.

Yuna sat in silence again, having to process even more information, though this was easier than the last. It was more reasonable, even though a literal cat-girl was extremely far fetched, but here they were.

“I-I’m sorry, that must ,” Yuna finally said, sympathizing with the girl’s depressing backstory. “Not having a family to back you like that.”

“Well, I’ll just have to get used to this I guess,” SInb said, voice flat in obvious disappointment. “Besides, you have to keep me here at least until I get better, so…”

“No!” Yuna refused, shaking her head. “No, no, no. No way! What are my parents gonna say?”

“I mean, I could stay as a cat and I’ll only be human when you’re here,” Eunbi suggested, shrugging her shoulders. “As long as you give me clothes cause…”

“Right. Let’s continue this after you get fully dressed,” Yuna said, Eunbi agreeing with a nod of her head.

So, with that green light, Yuna got off the bed and walked towards her dresser. She took a deep breath to calm herself before starting her search.

She first went to her top drawer, grabbing a simple plain red t-shirt from a few years ago. She knew Eunbi was smaller than her, so she decided one of her older shirts would probably fit best.

She then bent down a little to reach her second to last drawer where she kept her shorts and pajama pants.

Yuna quickly looked through them, deciding an old plaid pair she got for Christmas a few years back was probably the best fit.

Turning around, she threw the clothes on the bed, avoiding any eye contact with the girl. “Here,” she said. “Try these on and tell me if they fit.”

“Um… I don’t mean to be that person but…” Eunbi trailed off, a bit embarrassed by what she was about to ask. “I don’t have any… underwear.”

Yuna felt her face flush; she didn’t even think about that. “R-Right,” she muttered before quickly walking to a second dresser, grabbing an old pair, and throwing it to the bed, not even turning around to look at it.

She stood awkwardly in the corner of her room, faced away from Eunbi as she changed into the clothes Yuna had left for her.

Surprisingly, they fit quite well, the only really loose article was the pants but Eunbi just tightened them with the strings coming out of the front.

“Um… You can turn around now,” Sinb said to Yuna who was still facing the wall. “Thanks for these, they fit… good.”

“Oh… um… that’s good,” Yuna said, turning around slowly to face the girl. “So should we keep talking about where you’re gonna go?”

“Sure,” Sinb said, obviously disappointed as she plopped down on the bed.

And Yuna noticed this, furrowing her eyebrows in concern. “What’s wrong? Did I say something wrong?” she asked, quickly walking to Eunbi to make sure she was okay.

“N-No, you didn’t, it’s just that I really don’t wanna be kicked out again,” Eunbi admitted. “It’s been really hard by myself out there and it didn’t end out very well, y’know, with my leg, so…”

Yuna heard the girl and immediately felt guilty, softening towards the girl. “Who said I’m gonna kick you out?” she asked, deciding that helping her isn’t the worst thing.

“Y-You just said you woul-” Yuna cut Sinb off with her finger over her lips.

“I was just a little shocked, but I wouldn’t kick you out,” Yuna reassured, sitting down on the bed next to her. “As long as you don’t piss me off too much, you can stay.”

“Yah!” Eunbi scolded, slapping Yuna’s shoulder at the threat.

“I literally just said I’ll kick you out if you annoy me too much and look what you’re doing now,” Yuna said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

“I-I’m sorry!” Sinb immediately apologized, eyes widening at the thought of being all alone again. “It’s just force of habit!”

Yuna burst out laughing at the girl’s reaction. “I’m kidding! I wouldn’t kick you out while you’re still sick!” she told her, out of breath from laughing so hard.

“Not funny!” Sinb said, pouting as she turned away from Yuna.

Yuna, wanting to know how much she could tease Sinb, decided to back hug her, wrapping her arms around her torso.

“I’m sorry, I was just kidding,” Yuna apologized, resting her head on Eunbi’s shoulder.

Sinb tensed up, her back straightening as her muscles unconsciously flexed. To her, Yuna was unpredictable, going from yelling at her, to threatening to kick her out, to now back hugging her.

“I-It’s fine! Can we just… go to sleep?” Eunbi quickly made up an excuse, breaking free from Yuna’s arms as she moved to a different part of the bed.

“Don’t you want, like, dinner?” Yuna asked, mentally noting that skin ship was probably not the best with Eunbi. “I wouldn’t wanna feed you cat food!”

“Wouldn’t I have to come down though?” Eunbi asked, biting her lip, conflicted. “Your parents…”

“Don’t worry, I have a plan,” Yuna reassured her, smiling at her to try and really convince her.

And it worked, Eunbi’s cheeks blushing a light pink at the girl’s smile, before nodding, deciding that Yuna was trustable.

“Okay, I’ll be back soon!” Yuna said, standing up and walking to the door. “And, I don’t think I need to tell you this, but hide if someone comes in!”

“My biggest talent is being able to change to a cat right away!” Eunbi said. “Well, other than dancing but that’s for a different day.”

Yuna wanted to ask her more, but she was hungry, she had slept for almost two hours. And she didn’t even wanna think about how good normal food would sound to Eunbi who was at the vet for the past few days.

So, she left the room, scurrying down the stairs to the kitchen where her parents were, sitting around the table with a half empty plate in front of them.

“Hey, Yuna!” her dad greeted as she walked closer. “I made you a plate cause you were asleep before, but it’s there if you want it.”

“Thank!” Yuna asked, walking towards the chair where the plate was before stopping. “But I have some homework, so do you mind if I eat it in my room?”

“Go ahead, school’s important,” her mother said. “But don’t spill it anywhere, you might get bugs.”

Yuna’s dad nodded in agreement as she secretly grabbed two sets of utensils before going back to her plate.

She looked at the amount of food that was there and decided it probably wasn’t enough for two people, so she started adding more of the simple pasta dinner to the plate.

“You hungry?” her dad asked jokingly, surprised by how much she was putting on her plate.

“Long day,” Yuna responded, making up a fitting excuse before grabbing her utensils she had on the table and leaving the kitchen, going straight to her room.

With enough food for both her and Eunbi, she opened the door to her room before walking to her desk, placing the food and utensils down.

“Quick, close the door,” Yuna told Sinb who was still s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter